• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT28| Welcome to the Penis Farm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah he has a point that is almost completely lost because of the asshole way he presented it.

Well I can't imagine the tweets, posts on his blog, and PM's he gets that are the same thing over and over again. I'd be tired of it too. Dude(r) is entitled to his opinions. He can shit on a show all he wants, literally no one is being targeted or hurt.

The new hire is Drew Scanlon of Cloth Map and Blinking White Guy fame. He's collaborated with them before and seems to have good chemistry with the guys and a different enough taste in games to bring something new to the table.

Being able to post anonymously is tumblrs greatest weakness and strength.

What point does he have? That he's personally annoyed by people not liking something that he likes?

That the people who dislike it can be just as brash and insufferable about stating the fact that they don't like it as the people they are complaining about. Not saying I agree with the guy but he has a point. Similar to how people have an irrational hate for a game series and constantly talk down to the people that like it.

Salarians

everything I knew of Rick and Marty came from korean tumblr fan art but the humor in that QL did not seem like something I'd enjoy

game seems ok tho

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
thats a dunk
image2xvujk.jpg

Mr. F

Banned
Pro tip; If a rick and morty fan feels that Jeff has a superiority complex about his sense of humour all they need to do is look at pax wrestling and take comfort

FYI Best Buy is having a sale on the Blue-rays of all the fast and furious movies and they give you credit to go spend to see the new one. $6 for each movie is a pretty decent deal.

BearPawB

Banned
I have the same reaction to Rick and Morty that Dan has to Drawn to Death. It just looks gross.

*I don't think i have every liked any comedy cartoon outside the occasional episode of south park so don't listen to me*

justjim89

Man, they are really getting into Yakuza this episode with the hostess club stuff. I could see Yakuza having strong pull come GOTY time.

Is is speculated that the new hires are getting announced tomorrow?

Paxmania is the joke that's gone too far and no one has taken a step back and asked why the hell are we allowing this to continue.

Like real wrestling, its best when we don't know if its a work or a shoot. The first PAX Rumble was great because it was Alex Navarro shooting on everyone.

Does the new hire watch wrestling?

If they don't watch wrestling they should at least watch anime.

Salarians

I have the same reaction to Rick and Morty that Dan has to Drawn to Death. It just looks gross.

*I don't think i have every liked any comedy cartoon outside the occasional episode of south park so don't listen to me*
not even The Simpsons? you take that Shoemaker avatar off right now

Amarisse would be a random as hell hire.

Cool lady, liked anything I have seen with her at PAX but most of her experience is business / office support and doing cosplay and she did some radio stuff years ago.

Not exactly a seasoned games media person like their previous hires. Not that I am against fresh meat for the grinder.

Has she ever done any youtube lets play kinda stuff?

BearPawB

Banned
Amarisse would be a random as hell hire.

Cool lady, liked anything I have seen with her at PAX but most of her experience is business / office support and doing cosplay and she did some radio stuff years ago.

Not exactly a seasoned games media person like their previous hires. Not that I am against fresh meat for the grinder.

Has she ever done any youtube lets play kinda stuff?

I get the feeling they are bailing on needing a "games media person". They tried to hire "news" positions twice and they both ended up leaving for opportunities that let them do just that.

I think they would rather have someone good on a camera than someone who can write a good review.

(I have no idea if she is good on camera)

Tubobutts

It's supposed to be a junior position isn't it? Someone without games media experience but who still has experience in the industry would make sense.

Although not knowing what she did at Oculus, I would assume Giant Bomb is a pay cut.

It's an acquired taste for sure. Like Rorie said (I think when he played the game on UPF), a lot of the show is improvised by the creator when doing his lines. The same kind of set-up is used in a lot of Will Ferrell movies (the first Anchorman had so many alternate improv takes, they were able to create a whole other movie called Wake Up, Ron Burgundy using that footage).

It's supposed to be a junior position isn't it? Someone without games media experience but who still has experience in the industry would make sense.

Although not knowing what she did at Oculus, I would assume Giant Bomb is a pay cut.

I think the junior position is the NYC producer job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom