• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT28| Welcome to the Penis Farm

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope the guess of amarise is correct. Id be a bit disappointed with another straight white dude. But whoever they choose I'll be ok with. Unless it was Colin or Gies

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
What would the Tiger Beat equivalent for Giant Bomb be?

Bomber Beat?
Duder Beat?

We all would be subscribers. Talking about brads hair-do and how cool Dans shirt collection is.

Megasoum

Banned
Just played through What Remains of Edith Finch.... Holy shit this is the first time in my life that a game has actually left me speechless.... and multiple times too!

WOW... Yeah this is on the very short list for GOTY and totally a must play by everybody...

Just played through What Remains of Edith Finch.... Holy shit this is the first time in my life that a game has actually left me speechless.... and multiple times too!

WOW... Yeah this is on the very short list for GOTY and totally a must play by everybody...

I know exactly what you mean. It's incredible.

I'll get right on that

Started HBO's the Leftovers on a whim after Gaf praised it. Season 1 was decent but Season 2 was on a whole 'nother level. A damn good show. Can't wait to dive into season 3.

I need to see Justin Theroux team up with David Lynch again.

Got

Banned
Started HBO's the Leftovers on a whim after Gaf praised it. Season 1 was decent but Season 2 was on a whole 'nother level. A damn good show. Can't wait to dive into season 3.

I need to see Justin Theroux team up with David Lynch again.

Jeff probably wouldn't like it.

how much walking did you simulate

Jeff probably wouldn't like it.

He'd probably do that nod after the first 10 min of the show.

2536312-2379004-jeff_headshake.gif

Jumped into Heroes of the Storm because of the new promotion. I'm actually enjoying it.

Yea it is a really fun take on MOBA's. Pretty crazy how much it has evolved from the quick look (I went and watched that again last night). Definitely recommend to anyone who even has a passing interest in the genre.

Can't wait for beast in the east and pubg tomorrow!

I finally beat Persona 5. I feel like I've been released from prison myself. Persona 3 and especially 4 were both better modern Persona games.

Zornack

I've tried to play 3 three times now but the lack of anything happening in the first 30 hours keeps stopping me.

Maybe after 5 I'll try again.

Moaradin

3 has a slow start but man does it ramp up. Overall I definitely prefer the story and characters in 3 to 5. Haven't finished P5 yet, but I don't think that will change unless the game has a big shift in the last few months.

oti

Banned
I really want to try Persona 3. Waited for a sale on Vita (I remember US sales but not one for the EU after I finished 4) but eventually I sold my Vita.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
It finally happened. This Year Podcasts is finally gone and so goes some good "best of" bombcast compilations.

Wish I had saved those.

They were always good to have handy for background noise despite having heard those segments so many times before.

Moaradin

wait, persona 3 had characters?

Yeah, and they actually grew throughout the game unlike the characters in P5.
Kinda unfair since I haven't beat it, but I'm kinda getting the feeling that each character has their "arc" during their introduction and then the game completely moves on from them to the next character. Rinse and Repeat. I really wish they had more things going on.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Nah, actually P5 is better than P4 in that regard, which is why I liked it better.

Ryuji actually managed to turn out to be not entirely insufferable.

Moaradin

P3 is a bit more fresh in my mind than P4 is, since I just played it for the first time last year.

But I really liked how that game handled its characters and their connection to the main story at large.

P3 is a bit more fresh in my mind than P4 is, since I just played it for the first time last year.

But I really liked how that game handled its characters and their connection to the main story at large.
Your initial thoughts were right. P3 is the exception among modern Persona games where character development isn't just shoved into social links once characters join your party. P5 actually handles this worse than P4 did. Most of the party is forgotten once their initial story section is done in Persona 5.

danm999

Mechanically its obviously the best Persona game I've played of 3, 4 and 5. That there's actual design to dungeons now makes the game far less of a slog on the combat side than 3 or 4.

In terms of story, I dunno. It had some really good bits I enjoyed, but there's something I can't get away from in a game ostensibly about freedom and standing up to discriminatory and dysfunctional status quo that pretty casually doles out gay panic and creepy sexualisation of school girls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom