• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT28| Welcome to the Penis Farm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jintor

Sometimes I lurk in this thread and think it's amazing how invested you all are in Giant Bomb. I am too. These guys have given us so much over the years and personally they have helped me get through some tough times.

I hope the new hires bring some fresh perspectives to GB. That West dynamic could use some shaking up. I'm confident Jeff, as always, will make the right choice, whoever she turns out to be.

i listen/watch probably overall at least 10 hours of GB content a week on average I think.

swimbuff

How about they just hire whoever seems to fit the best, regardless of anything else?

Edit: Like Austin, he was great, he immediately felt like he'd been there years.

How about they have diversity as a criteria, and they hire someone who would bring a different perspective, without sacrificing the other requirements to fit the job.

Edit: Like Austin.

How about they have diversity as a criteria, and they hire someone who would bring a different perspective, without sacrificing the other requirements to fit the job.

Edit: Like Austin.

Yup. There is a difference between finding someone who fits but just maintains the status quo, or someone who meshes and provides change and growth to the business.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Seeing that i pretty much run their podcasts on the background while i work i probably consume close to... 55-60 hours of their content per week?

I promised myself to not engage in the inevitable gaming thread, no matter who the hire is.
I also would find it incredibly funny if they are just in the office today to present the jersey.

"Today is the day. Monday. All for a lousy jersey..."

A Brad shaped figure can be seen in the partially lit studio. Jeff, sitting in his usual spot, calls out to the figure, "Come over here so I can see you better."

I just hoped that Snider would never spot em' as the word of this humiliation could easily make life in the DOTA 2 crew a veritable hell

"Ouuuuuu... isn't THAT cu- that is the most precious thing I've ever seen in my life." says Jeff, excitingly.

"Hehehehhheeehheheheh." belts out an always giddy, Rorie.

"He looks like a deranged DOTA courier." Jason implies

Jeff, surprised at Jason's response, immediately replies, "He does noooot."

Yet even Jeff begins to stifle his laughter.

"He does too, he looks like a Kessler bought nightmare." Jason continues

"Are you happy wearing that?" Jason asks

Brad quickly gives a no, yet only with a nod of his head, too dejected because he fears the Slack has already gotten word

"Tell the kid to take it off." Jason asks of Jeff

"Alright, you'll only wear it when the East crew visits. Go on and take it off"

"Take it offff!"

swimbuff

i listen/watch probably overall at least 10 hours of GB content a week on average I think.

Seeing that i pretty much run their podcasts on the background while i work i probably consume close to... 55-60 hours of their content per week?

I can't think of a single day in the past month when I didn't consume at least some form of GB content. I slowly started relistening to the old Bombcasts and it's taken me about four years to get myself up to 2015 now.

Yup. There is a difference between finding someone who fits but just maintains the status quo, or someone who meshes and provides change and growth to the business.

I completely agree. Austin fit your second scenario to a T.

Nobody here probably cares, but at this point I just hope the new hires are none of the guys from Laser Time because I don't want more people to leave that group as they all go for jobs instead of the Patreon route.

A Brad shaped figure can be seen in the partially lit studio. Jeff, sitting in his usual spot, calls out to the figure, "Come over here so I can see you better."

I just hoped that Snider would never spot em' as the word of this humiliation could easily make life in the DOTA 2 crew a veritable hell

"Ouuuuuu... isn't THAT cu- that is the most precious thing I've ever seen in my life." says Jeff, excitingly.

Brad quickly gives a no, yet only with a nod of his head, too dejected because he fears the Slack has already gotten word

"Take it offff!"
Great fic, when's chapter 2 also can you add more Brad/Jason they're my ship

BearPawB

Banned
Haven't listened yet but the intro to today's Pardon My Take suggests they are going to talk to George Brett about the pants shitting talk that Dan exposed lol

"Take it offff!"
You'll shoot your eye out kid.

Zaph

The upcoming new hires are lucky in a sense they kinda have carte blanche to be themselves because West doesn't currently have a tight-knit style or vibe they could interrupt.

Looking forward to it. It's been almost a year without Austin.

Fantastic episode of BITE. I've missed Nishitani so much.
---
2935032-tumbleseed.jpg

Quick Look: TumbleSeed
It's a long way to the top if you over-correct your roll.

BearPawB

Banned
Really excited for the murder party live stream in which 100 applicants play PU Battlegrounds for the chance to be the new hire

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Weren't Vinny and Drew both mainly hired as AV guys? So maybe it doesn't really matter who they hire - a good personality that fits with the team and enough gaming knowledge to get by would be good enough I think?

Nerokis

How about they just hire whoever seems to fit the best, regardless of anything else?

Edit: Like Austin, he was great, he immediately felt like he'd been there years.

Yeah, that's important, but recall how much Austin's unique perspective added to the site. Being on the look out for new perspectives is a good thing, and it so happens that diversity is conducive to that. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt, either way, but I'll definitely be disappointed if they don't take this opportunity to break the all-male mold.

8-4 Play, one of the three gaming podcasts I listen to, has recently (as in, over the past few months, I think?) gone from being entirely male the vast majority of the time to having a constant female voice. It's been nice. It would be cool to see the Bombcast go in that direction, as well.

Weren't Vinny and Drew both mainly hired as AV guys? So maybe it doesn't really matter who they hire - a good personality that fits with the team and enough gaming knowledge to get by would be good enough I think?

Yea for sure, I think Vinny mentioned they have to be comfortable being in content as well.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Excited for the new show "Colin is da bomb" as well.
Can't wait to hear more about the free market from somebody as educated as him.

Drew was hired to pack T-shirts and Vinny was "hired" when they were only 4 guys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom