• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT28| Welcome to the Penis Farm

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiguel182

I trust them to hire the best person for the job. Personally I'm happy with someone energetic, with new ideas and hopefully a different perspective from everyone else. The more different personalities the better.

Meshing well with them is the most important part and I doubt Jeff would mess that up.

EDIT: I always saying I'm sick of roguelikes but here I am, playing Solitairica.

Nerokis

I'm not going to go as far as calling this a roguelike but it certainly has those elements.

scfh6k65.gif

lmao

I love this GIF so much.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I can't be the only one sick of roguelikes. My interest drops off a cliff as soon as I hear that.

Flinthook bums me out so much.
That mechanic demands crafted levels, instead it is a series of combat challenges with some hooks thrown in and some light platforming now and then.

It's the only reason I haven't gotten flinthook.

I bought it because it looks like a good "Play while watching some videos" game, and it is, but man. It could be so much more.

BearPawB

Banned
I am 100% one of the interview questions is "what is a video series you would like to be in charge of"

And I can't wait to see what the chosen persons answer was

imBask

Banned
I am 100% one of the interview questions is "what is a video series you would like to be in charge of"

"none of them i'd rather have people ask what I even do all day"
"welcome aboard"

daveo42

Banned
They should get Gita Jackson. Kokatu is bankrupt aren't they.

I like Gita Jackson, but I have a limit on how much I can listen to talk about some of the games she's into. It's great they are being made, but personally I'm not interested in most of them. She would be pretty good to have for a completely different voice on the cast tho.

At Palace 4 and Persona 5 is soundtrack of the decade

Nier stans don't @ me

Glad you're still digging it. Replaying it now and I just got back to Palace 4.

I think I would be ok with roguelikes if there wasn't too many of them out there right now. Like to get the most out of one roguelike game you have to spend countless of hours or else you're better off just not playing the game. Last game I played of that kind was Enter The Gungeon and getting to the good shit certainly didn't take just a few hours, I kept playing that game on and off for weeks.

Joeku

"Re-view", wherein they play a game formerly reviewed on the site with the person who reviewed it and talk about how it holds up, what it added to games, etc. Giant Bomb is nine years old at this point.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Gita would be great except for the part where she literally just moved to NY for Kotaku. Doubt she's suddenly going to move to SF, and East needs a video editor

I've yet to hear a track I like from Persona 5 or Nier

The only reason I haven't gotten tired of the long end battle run down is due to the amazing song. That shit will never get tired.

Gita would be great except for the part where she literally just moved to NY for Kotaku. Doubt she's suddenly going to move to SF, and East needs a video editor

I feel like I'd only want Gita if she was out of the NY office.

Zaph

West really needs a shot of entertainment right now, not writers and opinions. Looking at Amarisse's previous employers and gaming interests, I think Jeff's got it right again.

oti

Banned
I think I would be ok with roguelikes if there wasn't too many of them out there right now. Like to get the most out of one roguelike game you have to spend countless of hours or else you're better off just not playing the game. Last game I played of that kind was Enter The Gungeon and getting to the good shit certainly didn't take just a few hours, I kept playing that game on and off for weeks.

For me they are like Metroidvania games. I ignore 95% of them and only pick one I really want to play/try.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
One thing nier does so goddamn well though is adding in layers of music.

The way it layers in the elements of its songs makes it sound like it's being scored.

Joeku

West really needs a shot of entertainment right now, not writers and opinions. Looking at Amarisse's previous employers and gaming interests, I think Jeff's got it right again.

k1opIJp.gif

I think I saw her on the most recent 404ing it. She's good!

Edit: Y'know, if it is her. Either way, excited to hopefully see fresh faces today!

Fantastapotamus

I mean people have different music tastes so whatever.

What's your jam usually?

I'm absolutely terrible at describing what kind of music I like. I'm that asshole that says "A bit of everything".
Most of the music in Nier just didn't stand out for me. (I like the song that weird vendor plays. That's a good song.)
It's not that the music is bad, but it's not something I would want to listen to outside of the game. And with two exceptions I pretty much solely listen to "soundtrack like" music.

horrible taste, i've yet to hear a track that was anything below good in P5. I will fight you

I haven't heard a lot of P5 music to be fair. I just hate jazz and most of what I've heard was extremely jazzy.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Though if her previous employers is the owner of oculus I'm not sure if it would be fair to judge her on that. >_> <_<

For me they are like Metroidvania games. I ignore 95% of them and only pick one I really want to play/try.

Even Metroidvania games have a beginning and an end at the very least but your approach to them is similar to how I approach roguelikes. So, last year was Enter The Gungeon for me. This year or the next will probably be Flinthook.

Fantastapotamus

How can you hate Jazz! Jazz is so good!

you're the worst, I hope you'll miss your bus by a couple of seconds and you'll have to wait 3 min for the next one.

I wouldn't mind that cause I can spend that time listening to good music. You know, pretty much everything except Jazz.

Even Metroidvania games have a beginning and an end at the very least but your approach to them is similar to how I approach roguelikes. So, last year was Enter The Gungeon for me. This year or the next will probably be Flinthook.

Flinthook has blind pack/crate openings! It's remotely addictive as part of the gameplay :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom