• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT28| Welcome to the Penis Farm

Status
Not open for further replies.

c9ig44lvoae3ias6csz4.jpg
Higher rez, some of the hidden details are cool. Beautiful work overall.

JackEtc

Saw someone on the GB reddit thread for the recent JarTime, comment about how Jeff said something alluding to the video position out East being filled.

Haven't had a chance to listen yet, but did he actually say that?

Saw someone on the GB reddit thread for the recent JarTime, comment about how Jeff said something alluding to the video position out East being filled.

Haven't had a chance to listen yet, but did he actually say that?

He said something like "we are getting close to bringing people in." They also seemed to be alluding to something at the end of the bombcast today, I think?

styl3s

They do talk a lot of rubbish when to comes to what people 'want'.
What people (general consumer) want and what GAF/end hardcore users wants are completely separate things and people here tend to forget that and even in the pro related threads you see a massive amount of people who see 0 reason in upgrading because the extra power to cost isn't worth it to most people and sales show that.

I bought a pro because i buy every new iteration but when family, friends, friends of friends, co-workers etc. ask me i always tell them not to because value wise it's not worth it to the average consumer that doesn't care. They want to buy something for their kids they want to play with their friends and they want to save as much money as possible doing it, it's why $200 60" TVs are the hottest things during black friday, it's why OLED tvs and 4KTVs aren't flying off shelves, it's why PS3 at $600 was a disaster, it's why PS4 Pro isn't flying off shelves and it's why Scorpio isn't going to fly off shelves at $500.

Weird to hear them still so down on the XB1 dashboard. It's been fantastic for me since the preview update a while back, and it seems pretty universally praised since they released that update to everybody. They didn't really go into it either. Just dumped on it, and said Scorpio should be completely new.

Weird to hear them still so down on the XB1 dashboard. It's been fantastic for me since the preview update a while back, and it seems pretty universally praised since they released that update to everybody. They didn't really go into it either. Just dumped on it, and said Scorpio should be completely new.

Theyve gone into it several times. Its slow and still a mess. And I agree.

oti

Banned
What people (general consumer) want and what GAF/end hardcore users wants are completely separate things and people here tend to forget that and even in the pro related threads you see a massive amount of people who see 0 reason in upgrading because the extra power to cost isn't worth it to most people and sales show that.

Agreed, except for the sales part. I think the Pro does well. It just isn't Sony's focus since it's a niche console for a niche part of the overall PS4 consumer base. That's fine. The PS4 just hit 200€, that's the price to hit for the mainstream so it makes sense to not lead your marketing with the Pro.

However, GB is just as wrong when it comes to PS4 Pro or Scorpio as most people on GAF. For Jeff the Pro doesn't go far enough into better hardware and 4K. But we're talking Jeff here, the guy who owns a monster 4K TV and sits right in front of it. His argument was the Pro would not stop people from abandoning PS4 for PC because it wasn't good enough hardware wise. That people would just go PC instead. That's just a weird stance to have considering the price difference between a PS4 Pro and a PC is still too big for most people, that most people don't want to build a PC and that better hardware would mean a higher price point, what most people don't want to pay. Jeff completely ignored the market reality to make a point about how half-assed the Pro is. Half-assed it may as well be for him, that's fine. But he's Jeff. Jeff is the most niche video game consumer on earth.

I don't see a reason to get the Pro myself, but I understand that it made sense for Sony to release that hardware for that price in 2016.

And just to repeat this point yet another time, their opinion on how Sony's E3 2016 wasn't marketing enough still puzzles me to this day.

ArjanN

Watching people that aren't good at fighting games play fighting games isn't really fun. Except for that Mortal Kombat scrub league video, and only because of Ryan and Jeff's commentary.

I think a regualr scrub league tournament could be fun, but they'd need to put up some really mean betting stakes on it so they're actually incentivized to improve and not just mash buttons forever.

Fate of the Furious is now 79% on Rotten Tomatoes, tying it for Furious 7 as the highest rated The Fast and the Furious movie on Rotten Tomatoes.

Keep in mind while I'm not a fan of the series, I do know enough about of it through osmosis (with it being so big now on Giant Bomb, and especially with Kinda Funny). So when they get to the final movie (or at least go on hiatus), I can totally see it be titled Fast Furious Forever, with the tagline being "Fast... Forever, Furious... Forever, Family... Forever". Don't lie, you can see that being a possibility as well ;p

Giant Bombcast 476: Pinkies out for Duke
Hot topics this week include Battle(grounds) Royale, those Scorpio numbers, Nier's cyber-metafiction, questionable showering habits, Star Trek time travel, and remote car kill switches.
Filed Under: T Position, Bayonetta, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Street Fighter V, Yooka-Laylee, NieR: Automata, Playerunknown's Battlegrounds, Snake Pass, Xbox One
https://www.giantbomb.com/podcasts/giant-bombcast-476-pinkies-out-for-duke/1600-1929/

danm999

I got a Pro because I hadn't jumped into the newest console gen yet, was sticking with PC, but wanted some PS exclusives and figured I might as well shell out a bit more and get the more powerful iteration.

I don't think it's intended to act as an either/or proposition for people compared to a gaming PC and I don't think it's intended for the bulk of PS4 regular users.

Fate of the Furious is now 79% on Rotten Tomatoes, tying it for Furious 7 as the highest rated The Fast and the Furious movie on Rotten Tomatoes.

Keep in mind while I'm not a fan of the series, I do know enough about of it through osmosis (with it being so big now on Giant Bomb, and especially with Kinda Funny). So when they get to the final movie (or at least go on hiatus), I can totally see it be titled Fast Furious Forever, with the tagline being "Fast... Forever, Furious... Forever, Family... Forever". Don't lie, you can see that being a possibility as well ;p

I doubt they'll stop making them.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I wonder if the duders will go through the proper playthrough of Nier instead of just stopping at A. If I stopped at A for nier I would honestly just think "Eh, that's cool, but is that it?"

hamchan

Fast X Furious for last movie number 10.

Fast X Furious for last movie number 10.

Until years later, Last of the Furious is about an aging bearded Dom becoming an unlikely father figure to a young child. A prodigy child who managed to drift a quarter mile. Johnny Tran and D.K. team up to hunt this prodigy child down.

Curufinwe

I bought a pro because i buy every new iteration but when family, friends, friends of friends, co-workers etc. ask me i always tell them not to because value wise it's not worth it to the average consumer that doesn't care. They want to buy something for their kids they want to play with their friends and they want to save as much money as possible doing it, it's why $200 60" TVs are the hottest things during black friday, it's why OLED tvs and 4KTVs aren't flying off shelves, it's why PS3 at $600 was a disaster, it's why PS4 Pro isn't flying off shelves and it's why Scorpio isn't going to fly off shelves at $500.

What the general consumer wants and what Giant Bomb wants are even more completely separate things. These are guys with very expensive gaming PCs. The Pro is selling more than Sony anticipated at $400, and I think the Scorpio will too (at least in America) if it's also $400. If they go over that it's going to be tough.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/sony-comments-on-ps4-pro-sales-and-how-they-compar/1100-6447489/

What the general consumer wants and what Giant Bomb wants are even more completely separate things. These are guys with very expensive gaming PCs. The Pro is selling more than Sony anticipated at $400, and I think the Scorpio will too (at least in America) if it's also $400. If they go over that it's going to be tough.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/sony-comments-on-ps4-pro-sales-and-how-they-compar/1100-6447489/

That thing is going to be 500$ and above. No way in hell it'll be less than 500$.

It's Soul Calibur. Which is multiplayer

I think he/she means a co-op game?

Teddified

I wonder if the duders will go through the proper playthrough of Nier instead of just stopping at A. If I stopped at A for nier I would honestly just think "Eh, that's cool, but is that it?"

Jeff mentioned that he was on his 1st playthough of nier so with that wording it could imply he's planning to do more, unless something else takes up his time and he never goes back to the game.

Mr. F

Banned
I was vaguely aware of Rainworld but hadn't seen it in action until the QL. That looks terribly unforgiving, getting snatched from off screen in particular.

Wunder

Jeff mentioned that he was on his 1st playthough of nier so with that wording it could imply he's planning to do more, unless something else takes up his time and he never goes back to the game.

Jeff doesn't seem like the guy to do multiple playthroughs, even with a game that emphasizes/requires it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom