• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT28| Welcome to the Penis Farm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jintor

I reached a point in my life if I felt a bit morose I would see how far I could get in angel slayer. Needless to say, a lot of angel slayer got played.

I think I've finished it once lol.

Hmm I guess I was imagining that they talked about bayo on the bombcast

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Pretty sure they did? Just about the PC port though.

Also regarding the Bombcast, i still feel like people focusing on the specs as a way for Microsoft tilting the balance their way is putting the cart in front of the horse. Microsoft really needs to start showing games because i feel like there's been next to nothing for the xbone for months now.

Also regarding the Bombcast, i still feel like people focusing on the specs as a way for Microsoft tilting the balance their way is putting the cart in front of the horse. Microsoft really needs to start showing games because i feel like there's been next to nothing for the xbone for months now.
99% of my time with my Xbox One has been for use as my TV/Media Center hub.

Sunset Overdrive is the only game I've played more than a few hours of on it. Everything else I get the PC version for and there are precious few XB1 exclusives (that haven't come to PC. If I didn't use it for my media stuff (yes, I do still use Kinect, lol) I'd have sold it ages ago.

Sadly I've never been a fan of Forza and I've grown tired of Halo and Gears (I do want to get Halo Wars 2 eventually, I did love the first one). I'd love to have a great new franchise that I needed my XB1 for, but its been a long time and none have come out for me.

Maybe the best case scenario for me is to get my Kinect hooked up to my PC and get it to do media control stuff through there if that's even possible.

oti

Banned

There are two options for exclusive games. Firt-party or second-party. Unless Microsoft has been developing exclusive games in-house for years and nobody has ever heard of them in any way, it's gotta be second-party. MS just doesn't have the studio structure to offer exclusive games like Sony does, so they buy them. I'm sure they have some deals in place for Scorpio although those deals must be really expensive nowadays.

But it's right for them to focus in hardware for now. That#s the entire reason Scorpio exists. They want to put "BEST CONSOLE HARDWARE IN THE WORLD" on everything. It could be the official subtitle of Scorpio.

repeater

If they're hoping to save the Xbox One with Scorpio I feel like Microsoft are seriously misjudging the landscape. I do think being able to say that you have the most powerful console matters -- but mostly at the START of a generation. Having a substantially more expensive console that's the most powerful now, when people have already invested in (at least) one of the two ecosystems and we are a sizeable chunk into the generation, won't do as much. Especially when, as you say, there is the perception that most of the interesting stuff softwarewise is going on elsewhere and whatever exclusives MS had are feeling increasingly stale and predictable.

Antiwhippy

And the thing is you still can buy the cheaper regular xbone and get the same game that still looks pretty good.

The pro isn't the lead ps4 sku for a reason.

This half heartedness is great for consumers but it just gives one less reason to get the Scorpio and pro.

Listening to latest Bombcast on the commute today and thinking/laughing about that suggestion of making everyone work a year in retail and therefore have the amount of arseholes in the world dramatically decrease. Think it was Brad's suggestion? Would vote for that.

oti

Banned
And the thing is you still can buy the cheaper regular xbone and get the same game that still looks pretty good.

The pro isn't the lead ps4 sku for a reason.

This half heartedness is great for consumers but it just gives one less reason to get the Scorpio and pro.

If what you want is the best version of a game on a console, Scorpio should be the way to go. There's a group of consumers who want that, that's totally fine. It won't change anything about the current stand in the console race though and neither Pro or Scorpio are targeted at the mainstream. For now.

Sony and Microsoft don't make much money with their hardware anyway. They just want you to keep using their machine and buy all the games for their platform.

Jintor

Listening to latest Bombcast on the commute today and thinking/laughing about that suggestion of making everyone work a year in retail and therefore have the amount of arseholes in the world dramatically decrease. Think it was Brad's suggestion? Would vote for that.

i wonder if i can use that as the setting my dystopian young adult novel series

Are you kidding? People would still be assholes. Some people who work at retail ARE the bigger assholes. As a gamer, I go to where I can to find video games sometimes, and one of the few places besides gamestop and best buy I can go to is a local chain called Mega Media xChange, and they always got such an attitude there.

I remember a few years back, I went in there and saw a game I really wanted, but payday was a few days off. They have a hold policy for 3 days, and it was Monday. I asked them to put it on hold for me, and mentioned I might not be able to get it til the 4th day, and said could he stretch it a little. I wasn't being rude, I had a smile on my face. I had worked there when I got out of high school for a bit, I know they could keep longer if they wanted to. Dude was like "doesn't matter, third day it's going back out" and I said something like "come on, I've been coming here for years, you know i'll be back" and he just said something like "So what?" Just seemed rude as hell, no customer loyalty at all.

I just remember lots of little situations like that. Minor ones being me coming up to the register with something to buy, and the group of employees looking annoying that I was interrupting their conversation. This kind of shit happens at gamestop a lot too actually.

Edit: im already feeling dread at posting this, because people are gonna talk down to me about how stupid my expectations are or something like usual here...

Are you kidding? People would still be assholes. Some people who work at retail ARE the bigger assholes. As a gamer, I go to where I can to find video games sometimes, and one of the few places besides gamestop and best buy I can go to is a local chain called Mega Media xChange, and they always got such an attitude there.

I remember a few years back, I went in there and saw a game I really wanted, but payday was a few days off. They have a hold policy for 3 days, and it was Monday. I asked them to put it on hold for me, and mentioned I might not be able to get it til the 4th day, and said could he stretch it a little. I wasn't being rude, I had a smile on my face. I had worked there when I got out of high school for a bit, I know they could keep longer if they wanted to. Dude was like "doesn't matter, third day it's going back out" and I said something like "come on, I've been coming here for years, you know i'll be back" and he just said something like "So what?" Just seemed rude as hell, no customer loyalty at all.

I just remember lots of little situations like that. Minor ones being me coming up to the register with something to buy, and the group of employees looking annoying that I was interrupting their conversation. This kind of shit happens at gamestop a lot too actually.

Edit: im already feeling dread at posting this, because people are gonna talk down to me about how stupid my expectations are or something like usual here...

Antiwhippy said:
I never worked retail and I'm a very nice person.

People are arseholes regardless of their working environments or experience (though it can build empathy), it was an absurd, light-hearted suggestion made on the podcast that amused me, not a judgement. Don't think anyone on here or GB would genuinely advocate forcing someone into retail labour for a year...just made me giggle as someone who used to work in retail. Didn't think the suggestion of forced labour as a means of changing behaviour would be taken seriously!

Zaph

TiTR is such a good feature that not even a fighting game could ruin it.

Hopefully they go back to doing them live.

Antiwhippy

People are arseholes regardless of their working environments or experience (though it can build empathy), it was an absurd, light-hearted suggestion made on the podcast that amused me, not a judgement. Don't think anyone on here or GB would genuinely advocate forcing someone into retail labour for a year...just made me giggle as someone who used to work in retail. Didn't think the suggestion of forced labour as a means of changing behaviour would be taken seriously!

I wasn't really being serious with that post.

I never worked retail and I'm kind of an asshole.

I wasn't really being serious with that post.

I never worked retail and I'm kind of an asshole.

It was more the other post, just covering bases :).

I think working in retail when I was younger didn't help me not be kind of an asshole, just less of an arsehole to people in shops. Shame it doesn't extend further into life haha.

I like This is the Run as a feature, but its just too short. I also feel bummed that half way through the video, I already feel like I know the outcome based on the time remaining.

strafer

Drew is really getting famous now.

I just saw a post on Twitter retweeted by the Prison Break Twitter Account.

GET THEM MONIES DREW

dawid

Where can i watch the Dan Vs Jason Soul Calibur-squareoff Dan references in the beginning of the first "This is the run: SC"-episode?

JonCha

I like This is the Run as a feature, but its just too short. I also feel bummed that half way through the video, I already feel like I know the outcome based on the time remaining.

I dunno, Vinny may have peaked. Considering Dan hasn't played this game in a while this may have been the best time to beat him.

derFeef

I have never seen that Battle Royale movie. I guess it's time to order that uncut bluray, comes out on 28th April - good timing.

Yeah, but they should have to work a big box generic store (walmart, basically). I have had *some* good retail work experience mostly because working for a pet place, you tend to get people who are a bit more compassionate and don't look at you as a machine barrier between them and the door.

Are you kidding? People would still be assholes. Some people who work at retail ARE the bigger assholes.

I'd say in general a year of being dehumanized would probably make a person pretty humble and certainly less of an asshole to cashiers.

I mean you did want them to stretch a store policy for you. Especially with the smaller stores, those sales are extremely important to the business. It's their final say anyway even if you had been going there for a while.

Havent watch TITR yet. But I feel like there needs to be a rule that Dan isnt allowed play any more SC at home until the video feature is complete.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom