• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT28| Welcome to the Penis Farm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joeku

Okay, not to dredge up old shit, but I've rewatched a bunch of Metal Gear Scanlon and I'm on the MGSV trailers episode, and just how much of the game was in the trailers reminds me of how it failed so severely for me in the narrative department. The games worked best when they were over the course of a day or two, and you'd see a bunch of the enemy side playing against each other during cutscenes while Snake leaned outside of a door or something, because everyone was making moves for and against their team all the time. That was intrigue! MGS2 and 3 were especially great at this. The world-hopping long-time nature of MGSV (and kinda MGS4) and all of the endless "this yellowcake has to be Cypher parasites, lingua franca!" one-sided monologue stuff wanks around endlessly and so very little of it actually adds anything to the story. You see so little of the enemy and get so relatively little characterization of him that he feels near worthless.

Also, more than anything, I still wish the game was just like five or six Ground Zeroes-esque locations that opened and ended with long one-take cutscenes. The "filming" style might actually have made sense then. It'll never stop disappointing me that the trailers for MGSV have more emotional punch than anything in the game itself.

Fultons feel fucking amazing too, but they are the worst thing that happened to the stealth sandbox of the MGSV games.

Hindl

Man listening to the stuff you can do in BotW is crazy. Can't wait for that to be in AGDQ

Helll yesss. Peter Brown bringing in dat fine ass content, looking forward to it!

That would be good as well but seeing as how Peter, Brad & Jeff toyed with the idea of his copy in it's unlikely that it's GBE but we'll see.

--

Also, Nintendo Direct 4.12.2017 - Live in 20 hours.

People are getting too crazy for that Direct. They said it's ARMS and Splatoon 2 focused and there will be 3DS games

justjim89

Even though it's in a language I don't speak, the voice acting in Yakuza sounds great. The pain in Nishiki's voice when he says "Kiryu" in
the gunpoint scene
is so palpable, really got to me.

Brashnir

BTW - if any of you guys like RPGs with unique and well-thought-out combat systems, you should definitely be playing Cosmic Star Heroine.

Luminaire

BTW - if any of you guys like RPGs with unique and well-thought-out combat systems, you should definitely be playing Cosmic Star Heroine.

Buying it very soon, but won't be able to play it for a while due to Persona 5 and my psychotic run-through of all the FF games possible on vita. I hope the game is successful!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
imagine thinking some costume on hitman was a better character than this
2nAxTZt.gif

Just had my first "Rage quit" moment in Yooka Laylee

The World 2 boss is a real bastard. He's a block of ice that shoots projectiles, and the smaller he gets, the faster he speeds up. LSS: I just wasted two hours trying to defeat the bastard and I finally prevailed around 3 AM. Calling it a night, game is still great but man, the controls could use some fine tuning.

I may or may have not cussed during the entire fight.

Jintor

Man some part of me still can't believe Bayonetta is out on PC.

I've spent literally 300+ hours on that game and I'm fucking excited to put in even more

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom