• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT28| Welcome to the Penis Farm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
That Mario Kart story will haunt Polygon till the end of time.
When Aliens search the remnants of our civilization they will probably find a Mario Kart pie chart mock up in there somewhere.

killroy87

uPZRFt1.png

Ben already starting site beef

Wouldn't surprise me if Jeff took him aside today and said "yo...don't do that"

GB are pretty damn good at staying out of that kind of stuff. Not infallible, but pretty damn good.

Hindl

uPZRFt1.png

Ben already starting site beef

That was a ridiculous article, but to be fair those are articles about two separate games on two separate systems. The idea that Mario Kart 8 would be the worst selling game wasn't crazy since the Wii U had the lowest install base of any system a Mario Kart appeared on, while MK8D is the first big game after Zelda releasing on a very hot Switch. It's just the arguments for why MK8 would be the worst selling were poorly thought out

Zaph

Wouldn't surprise me if Jeff took him aside today and said "yo...don't do that"

GB are pretty damn good at staying out of that kind of stuff. Not infallible, but pretty damn good.

Yeah, he already deleted the re-tweet.

Probably just needs to get used to everything he does now being under the microscope.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I keep seeing articles about how MK8D shows how weakly MK8 did but didn't MK8 sell 8 million? Isn't that pretty good?

killroy87

I keep seeing articles about how MK8D shows how weakly MK8 did but didn't MK8 sell 8 million? Isn't that pretty good?

It's good for any game except a Mario Kart, really.

Literally every Wii U owner on earth could have bought MK8, it still would have been one of the weaker-selling ones. MK8 DX will eventually outsell it just by sheer install base.

Sakwoff

Everything they say in the Quake Champions video is valid.

But dang if it doesn't look super appealing to me. I really want to play it.

So I acknowledge that Quake Champs is in beta, but that favour-to-cost ratio is insane. Players get maybe 600 for a game, with 24 hour renting costing 5,000; it's completely unacceptable and totally pay-to-win when the stats vary so wildly champ-to-champ.

I figure that'll be the kiss of death to this game's community. There's no good way to spin the champion monetisation other than pure greed.
Polygpn ios hthetas wrost

awagawd

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
it also takes far too long for a game to get going in quake champions which is the LAST thing a quake game should have as an issue

Antiwhippy

Hmmm alright, guess I didn't have a proper sense on the scale of MK.

Still thinking of picking it up but I don't really enjoy racing games, arcadey or not, so eh.

Hindl

It doesn't show how weakly MK8 did, it showed how badly the Wii U did. Almost everyone that bought a Wii U bought MK8. There just weren't that many Wii Us. Also consider that Mario Kart 7 sold about 14M and Mario Kart Wii sold about 34M

Antiwhippy

i mean

what else are you gonna play on the switch

That is the sticking point really isn't it. Thought I might pick it up to have some fun races here and there, but dunno if I want to do it for full price.

Eh well. Kind of cooled off zelda for now so I'm thinking of picking up kamiko, otherwise not much till disgaea/splatoon.

Which is fine though. Playing other games atm. Going through OG nier and planning another playthrough of automata.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
i enjoyed my time with mario kart a lot more than zelda so far. you might say its my favorite switch game despite not being a huge kart fan.

i'm hoping arms is good. splatoon just looks so much like 'splatoon+' and not splatoon 2 that after playing the crossfire its hard for me to get too excited about. i didnt play mk8 on wiiu so thats why its different
Ben sounds like Chris Grant mixed with Nick Robinson. That is my hot take.

he sounds inbetween nick and snider

Antiwhippy

Like my most recent Mario Kart experience is mario kart wii using that goddamn wii wheel thing and selecting bikes even though I haven't played a Mario kart before, so maybe I might get 8 to give the series a fair shot. :p

Hindl

i enjoyed my time with mario kart a lot more than zelda so far. you might say its my favorite switch game despite not being a huge kart fan.

i'm hoping arms is good. splatoon just looks so much like 'splatoon+' and not splatoon 2 that after playing the crossfire its hard for me to get too excited about. i didnt play mk8 on wiiu so thats why its different

he sounds inbetween nick and snider

I'm pretty pumped for Splatoon 2, I'll take more Splatoon. I'm curious about Arms but I'm just not sure. It looks like it'll be cool for a play session or two but I'm not sure there's enough to stick with it

Mario Kart 8 is really fun, having a great time with it so far. Haven't really put much time into a Mario Kart since 64 so its been a good time. Also enjoying Puyo Puyo Tetris a lot too. Looking forward to Splatoon 2 since I never played the original. The global testfire was a lot of fun so I am definitely looking forward to it.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I really want to buy MK but nobody I know has any interest in it, and playing Mario Kart online is just wrong. So I'd only play it "singleplayer" which makes me not want to pay 60€ for it.

Antiwhippy

I really want to buy MK but nobody I know has any interest in it, and playing Mario Kart online is just wrong. So I'd only play it "singleplayer" which makes me not want to pay 60€ for it.

Just bring your switch to the local diner, set it down, pull out the joycons and make new friends.

#switchlife

I've been playing it single-player exclusively and enjoy it quite a bit.

I fucking hate the bloopers though, they're my least favorite part of the game.

Meguro

Banned
Watching the Quake Champions QL and is it just me or is there something wrong with their video recording as of late?
Everything looks choppy as hell even at 60fps on youtube.

I'm glad to hear that MK8 deluxe is successful. I played the shit out of it when it came out on the WiiU. Will probably get this one later when there are no games.
Curious to see what Quake looks like (haven't watched the videos yet). Since I finished Zelda I finally got back to Doom and beat it last night on ultra violence, that was one hell of a shooter :D. They did a great job at making our feel completely badass and making a challenging but fun campaign.

TW3: Hearts of Stone is up next

I have no interest in The Witcher but Doom was indeed damn good. I hope they announce a SP DLC or sequel at E3.

ryseing

I also keep forgetting this exists because Epic Games having their own launcher is Dumb As Hell

You implying that Paragon doesn't deserve its own launcher?

True story- I live where Epic HQ is located and will occasionally see Epic guys around town in their jackets. Anyway, I was at a bar those guys frequent a couple of months back and started drunkenly ranting to them about how they ruined Paragon. They really appreciated that.

BearPawB

Banned
You implying that Paragon doesn't deserve its own launcher?

True story- I live where Epic HQ is located and will occasionally see Epic guys around town in their jackets. Anyway, I was at a bar those guys frequent a couple of months back and started drunkenly ranting to them about how they ruined Paragon. They really appreciated that.

Woo Raleigh. I used to live just down the street from them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom