• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT28| Welcome to the Penis Farm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moaradin

I like P5, but man does this game treat you like an idiot. You could probably shave off half of the entire story if you just took out all the repeated dialogue. Maybe this sticks out more since I played Nier directly before this, but I don't remember P3 and P4 doing it as much as this game.

Meguro

Banned
P4 has Yukiko appear in a kimono right before a kimono wearing lady appears on the midnight channel.
The MC then proceeds to have 0 idea who that could be.
P3 and P4 also treated you like a dumbass.

persona 5 is a retread of 2, 3, and 4. Same formula, same beats, same alot of things.

Not to mention it's still archaically grindy.

Persona 5 just isn't that great a game
Uh Persona 2 was structured very differently. P5 is not really grindy at all, just long and bloated.

Nah it was probably as bad, you've just scrybbed it from your memory

I think P5 is dope but could have been more dope
It's worse than past games because of the terrible LINE shit that gives the devs an avenue to spamming you with useless reptitive text nonstop.

tfw you win a dual you were expecting to lose
Late Shift can definitely be a GBE Playdate. It's basically an interactive movie but there is a lot of choice freedom. I've played it three times and have discovered a lot of different scenes. Trophies are a nice touch too.
vinny
has played it and they have not done anything with it, it was probably too good

Jintor

I love the text comvos

My actually complaint with them is that the grammar is too good. Even the meme kid doesn't Tumblr shitpost enough

Moaradin

I dunno, I think this game is very disappointing compared to P3 and P4 in a lot of ways. I haven't been nearly as engaged with the story and characters. The game tries to be a mystery, yet you can see everything coming a mile away. Makoto and Futuba are the only characters that are somewhat interesting, and that's because
they are the only ones that fucking do anything and have any relevance in the story after their introduction
. The villains have all been boring so far, and the game doesn't seem to have much to say other than "adults are BAD!". The music is probably the biggest offender to me. What's there is good, but there isn't nearly enough of it. No changes throughout the seasons, bosses have all used the same generic theme, even important events recycle the same track you've heard a million times. The variety is seriously lacking compared to the previous games.

Despite all that, I still think the game is great. The dungeons are a lot better and there's a ton of little quality of life improvements. It just probably won't be my goty.

Zaph

gbp5_jeffzvu1x.png

this is so fucking good

Who told Brad Persona 5 is disappointing?!

This game is amazing! Has GAF already turned on the game or what.

Because it is? For an rpg of this scale the localisation is miserable. I'm at the end of the game and I'm supposed to care about characters talking gibberish half the time?

Maybe it's less jarring if you're used to watching anime?

Meguro

Banned
Because it is? For an rpg of this scale the localisation is miserable. I'm at the end of the game and I'm supposed to care about characters talking gibberish half the time?

I can confirm that this is the case.
I don't even notice stuff like "Can't be helped" anymore which is actually really bad.
Don't get into anime kids, it'll ruin you.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
It's less jarring to me not because of anime, but because of manga fan-translated by people who have english as a third language.

Get on my level.

Joeku

gbp5_jeffzvu1x.png

this is so fucking good

Two things:

1) If someone says "it's fine because it reads like anime" the problem is decades of fansub work lowered expectations, so fansub-esque literal localizations on professional work seem normal. That's especially clear with how other big Japanese releases this year are running circles around P5 in that regard.

2) That's a bad drawing of Jeff, it's not even him! Dr. Tracksuit showing up on a Bombcast would be terrifying.

Ben seems pretty cool but its hard to hear his voice when im laying in bed with the volume on low :( The struggle is real! Bad luck roomies, volume is going through the roof!

Xater

I hope Ben's enthusiasm for fighting games means we can have a third applying science. That show really needed a third.

bomma_man

Ben seems cool! I laughed at the Bombcast for the first time in months today, the conversation at the start reminded me of the Ryan/Vinny days when they'd just talk shit for half an hour.

Ben seems pretty cool but its hard to hear his voice when im laying in bed with the volume on low :( The struggle is real! Bad luck roomies, volume is going through the roof!

If only there was a way to isolate sound in and around your ears....

derFeef

Ben did awesome on the bombcast. But I don't want Rorie replaced, he should join every time. Also will we see Abby on camera? I am not following the hire situation close enough but I guess not?

Sad heart surgery brofist, Ben.

Ben did awesome on the bombcast. But I don't want Rorie replaced, he should join every time. Also will we see Abby on camera? I am not following the hire situation close enough but I guess not?

Sad heart surgery brofist, Ben.

I don't think GB has the resources hire someone who won't appear on camera. I'm guessing she'll primarily be producing behind the scenes so Vinny won't have to do that during live shows, but surely there will be stuff with Vinny producing and her on the camera too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom