• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT28| Welcome to the Penis Farm

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm growing increasingly convinced that Dan considers that one Miyamoto interview about Mario lore to be the apex of his journalism career. That was his Frost/Nixon.

Now I gotta listen to Gusty Garden Galaxy. SO GODODODODODOD.

fjv8xk54.gif

Meguro

Banned
GBeast would never have been as good, post-Austin or during, without Alex
He is incredibly key to the operation and great.

daveo42

Banned
Probably slim I'd imagine. Like you said, she'll most likely be filling in that Jason/Drew role, especially since the West coast haven't replaced Drew yet.

This is my thought on this. Drew/Jason never sat in on the conference streams in years past and rarely the After E3 live shows. Ben will of course be there, but it seems the role Abby is filling is more behind the scenes. She'll get screen/podcast time for sure, but not as much as Ben based solely on the role she's filling.

faridmon

Alex is awesome. Really hated people who badmouthed him.

I only use my ignore feature for Racist, intolerant bastards on GAF, but i am considering these people to be on that list

GBeast would never have been as good, post-Austin or during, without Alex
He is incredibly key to the operation and great.

Alex rules 100%. Took me longer to realize that than for some of the other crew(though I never disliked him), but he's great. Good host on the stuff he gets to host, too.

Hindl

I'm growing increasingly convinced that Dan considers that one Miyamoto interview about Mario lore to be the apex of his journalism career. That was his Frost/Nixon.

Well it's probably true. Miyamoto is probably the most legendary person in games, and he was responsible for two of Dan's 3 favorite series and a large part of his childhood

DanRyckert

A good strange little man

It was definitely the interview that interested me the most out of my entire time at Game Informer.

Hindl

Man did anyone even attempt to argue Mario Kart for soundtrack of the year? It's so good and should've at least gotten an argument in 2014

KingKong

Heh I am finding the opposite, I think Y0 is way more entertaining than Shenmue. That being said I enjoyed the ER a lot, but as far as the actual games go Y0 is more fun to watch.

Its definitely a better game but all the insane schedule stuff and warehouse work were incredible. But I dont know if Shenmue 2 still has that

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
No.

They need to stop playing yakuza and shemnue after 0.

I like the series but I'd like some variety. Like, we already have 2-3 months of yakuza already.

Finally got the good ending in Late Shift.

On second thought, it probably wouldn't play well for a GBE Playdate plus Vinny already beat it apparently, so that ship has sailed.

Still worth a look if you guys want to play a HQ FMV with a decent story.

Its definitely a better game but all the insane schedule stuff and warehouse work were incredible. But I dont know if Shenmue 2 still has that

Yea I don't know anything about Shenmue (other than the ER) so that is a good question. GBeast made Shenmue was more entertaining than it would have been otherwise.

I'd like it if Y0 turned into an ER.

Ya that would be cool, probably a big ask though with a game like that. Having a second episode a week would be awesome (has been discussed many times in here already of course).

Finally got the good ending in Late Shift.

On second thought, it probably wouldn't play well for a GBE Playdate plus Vinny already beat it apparently, so that ship has sailed.

Still worth a look if you guys want to play a HQ FMV with a decent story.

I still feel it would be but since Vinny beat it that already defeats the purpose of FMVinny. What they should clearly play though is Point of View or Ghostly Desires.

Curufinwe

No but he brought it up in a discussion about the Wii U having enough good games to recommend a purchase. I think he heard enough positive buzz around it. I want to get to it some day and I'd love a Switch version.

Makes sense since he's kind of in it.

latest

It's a pretty good Persona-lite, but I found the dungeons to be too gimmicky for their own good by the end. Maybe P5 will end up going the same route (I'm still in August, but have heard things about the later palaces).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom