• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT28| Welcome to the Penis Farm

Status
Not open for further replies.
C-6SCC7XUAM1XZ2.jpg

Not many may care about Mafia 3 anymore but I'm REALLY looking forward to this Vietnam DLC.

Curufinwe

Obviously I don't expect guys like Brad and Jason and Dan to have watched the entire P4 Endurance Run, but it still feels a little odd when Jeff is mentioning a moment memorable enough to make the Best Of videos but they have never seen it, while a lot (most?) of the podcast audience has.

Ben: "Your main character died from one spell - whoops"

Jeff: "That lines up with my experience of previous Persona"

Brad: "Oh, it that just Persona in general?'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jh8G2leCrG8

LiK

Jeff and Vinny are secretly taping a cross-country P5 ER. Won't come out until end of the year.

BELIEVE IT

daveo42

Banned
P5 ER is as dead as Half-Life 3 is at Valve.

Makes sense since he's kind of in it.

latest

It's a pretty good Persona-lite, but I found the dungeons to be too gimmicky for their own good by the end. Maybe P5 will end up going the same route (I'm still in August, but have heard things about the later palaces).

There's one that get's pretty repetitive and also happens to be the longest dungeon in the game, even if the concept is rad. The other one that seem to rub people the wrong way is probably the next one, though I think that one changes it up enough throughout and the visual design is sweet. I'm the outlier here tho.

Wish they made the personas actual characters in P5 like TMS

They have like 3 lines of dialogue and that's it

Also I agree with Ben that the stats requirement for confidants is bad.

LiK

Wish they made the personas actual characters in P5 like TMS

They have like 3 lines of dialogue and that's it

Also I agree with Ben that the stats requirement for confidants is bad.

Basically they want people to play NG+ with the way it works to get the full experience if you don't use a guide during your first run.

Absolutely not. It's like wishing Jojo's stands had conversations with each other. Personas are supposed to be the characters themselves; it wouldn't work that well.

People want stands to talk? Then don't give the personas voices

Basically they want people to play NG+ with the way it works to get the full experience if you don't use a guide during your first run.

The good thing is that it's not too many s-links

Only thing I've used a guide for is when you get a free seat on the train and school questions

The social stat requirenents are precisely why I'm doing a NG+ 100% run of P5. I'm just doing whatever I feel like, because it's fucking impossible to get everything on one run.

FluxWaveZ

People want stands to talk? Then don't give the personas voices

I think the voices are fine; it's yet another callback to the first games. It's something that was in Persona 2, where characters' personas would sometimes voice out their inner thoughts pre-battle.

The social stat requirenents are precisely why I'm doing a NG+ 100% run of P5. I'm just doing whatever I feel like, because it's fucking impossible to get everything on one run.

There's a notable amount of people who maxed nearly every Confidant in P5 without following a guide in their first run (including me). It's actually not that hard to do, since P5 gives you a lot of time and the Fortune Confidant.

Catvoca

Banned

I did everything in one run without a guide. You just gotta abuse the fortune teller social link a whole bunch.

I think the voices are fine; it's yet another callback to the first games. It's something that was in Persona 2, where characters' personas would sometimes voice out their inner thoughts pre-battle.

There's a notable amount of people who maxed nearly every Confidant in P5 without following a guide in their first run (including me). It's actually not that hard to do, since P5 gives you a lot of time and the Fortune Confidant.

Does the fortune cost money every time or do you just need to pay the 100K?

The maid confidant is hitting the wallet

daveo42

Banned
Even with the gating, I found I had plenty of time to get most confidants maxed without a guide. I also think that stat bonuses from hanging out with certain confidants helps mitigate some of it without making you 100% stat grind for parts of the game. That was my mistake early game and probably kept me from doing a complete run confidant run. Well, that and the fact that I just did not want to hang out with two because their benefits were blah.

NG+ tho...it feels nice to be way ahead of the curve on clearing out a bunch of stuff early on and being the occasional dick.

Does the fortune cost money every time or do you just need to pay the 100K?

The maid confidant is hitting the wallet

Just the one time.

This is out of nowhere but does anyone else feel like Austin Walker retweets waaayyyyyyy too many things on Twitter? Half my feed is stuff he retweets. I swear he hits the retweet button on everything he sees.

Is there a way to see what people tweet, but not what they retweet?

EDIT: yes there is. Never mind.

LiK

This is out of nowhere but does anyone else feel like Austin Walker retweets waaayyyyyyy too many things on Twitter? I swear half my feed is stuff he retweets. I swear he hits the retweet button on everything he sees.

Yea, it never really bothered me but it's nice to have that option.

killroy87

GB videos keep defaulting to YouTube for me, no matter how often I change back. I was annoyed at first, but have now accepted it, since youtube just works better

This is out of nowhere but does anyone else feel like Austin Walker retweets waaayyyyyyy too many things on Twitter? I swear half my feed is stuff he retweets. I swear he hits the retweet button on everything he sees.

I can do that?

Because I just have him and Danielle on mute for retweet spam. If I could just see what they tweet themselves that would be great.

Fireblend

Banned
Sonic ASRT is really good. I feel like I like Mario Kart 8 a bit more, but Sonic does have the edge when it comes to single player content, and I feel like some of the tracks' designs were outstanding in that game. It definitely held the kart racer crown for a good while for me and it's a heavily underrated gem, I can see why someone would prefer it to MK.

Also someone called out P5 grindy a couple pages back and wtf. If anything the game is super easy, you get those SP-regen accessories at around the third dungeon and you pretty much cruise through the next couple dungeons in a single day as well as mementos requests. I did an 8-request run and it could have gone on for at least twice that thanks to those items removing any restriction for staying in the metaverse. I remember having to at least make an effort to revisit dungeons in P4 and I thought the way enemies don't respawn until you change area in P5 was going to be super annoying but the game is clearly designed and balanced for not having to return to cleared areas ever.

LiK

I can do that?

Because I just have him and Danielle on mute for retweet spam. If I could just see what they tweet themselves that would be great.

Yea, there's an option to turn off RTs from individual users. Should be in the menu where you add/remove people to lists etc.

GB videos keep defaulting to YouTube for me, no matter how often I change back. I was annoyed at first, but have now accepted it, since youtube just works better

Weird. I don't even see the Youtube option anymore.

Since they revamped the UI, the player in general has worked well for me. With the resume feature the site player is now king... for the first time in forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom