• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT28| Welcome to the Penis Farm

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's fun.

I tend to find people who dislike it are trying to rush through b.

They should, because it's the low point!

But I didn't because I'm a completionist (within reason). I just hated it. Total pace-killer, extremely repetitive and simplistic, and on top of that 9S' melee moveset sucks too.

explain this

2D shooters are fun and clearly a passion for Taro Yoko (even though the first game had more bullet hell elements in the actual 3D fights) and I enjoy the simple joy and feedback of dodging bullets and shooting in various patterns while picking the right target, and like anything else in a Nier game, it ends up developing in great and mindblowing ways beyond the seemingly simple patterns.

Yeah some of the ways he utilises hackerspace to tell a story is pretty great.

That stuff is good but the regular hacking to damage enemies I found very tedious.

Just caught up on Murder Island and holy shit that moment where Dan saves Jeff is awesome

2D shooters are fun and clearly a passion for Taro Yoko (even though the first game had more bullet hell elements in the actual 3D fights) and I enjoy the simple joy and feedback of dodging bullets and shooting in various patterns while picking the right target, and like anything else in a Nier game, it ends up developing in great and mindblowing ways beyond the seemingly simple patterns.

I don't think there's anything mindblowing, and "seemingly" simple patterns are, imo, actually just simple patterns. It's also weirdly punishing with the 3-hit system that doesn't scale with difficulty, unlike the normal shmup bits which were tedious but at least flashy and easy. I'm not great at the bullet hell parts so in addition to being tedious they also frustrated me in certain spots towards the end of the game where it's forced and gets hard (imo).

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Which is why I recommend getting a spear and just melee your way through if you don't want to hack too much. Most times you can kill things faster really.

I found a really nice rhythm by the end where I attack to focus down an enemy and then hack if I have to control the space a bit.

Which is why I recommend getting a spear and just melee your way through if you don't want to hack too much. Most times you can kill things faster really.

I found a really nice rhythm by the end where I attack to focus down an enemy and then hack if I have to control the space a bit.

I did melee as much as possible but there's a lot of forced hacking, especially later on. I really hated it.

Antiwhippy

Ah well, if you disliked it you disliked it but as Emcee said, it's a fun 2D shooter that adds variation to the gameplay that gets expanded into some amazing places.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
I liked the hacking in Nier, mostly because I was really good at it. So good at it that combat usually became easier to handle by just hacking everything and making it blow up

Antiwhippy

I need google to announce another goddamn phone already.

Like the only viable phone out atm is the galaxy S8 and fuuuuuuck samsung.

gf290u1l.png

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
also bullet bill manages to outbullshit the blue turtle shell

'doing badsweetheart? don't worry let papa nintendo put you in 2nd place'

Because i have a nexus 6p and go on 2 year upgrade cycles.
I'm in the same boat. My phone battery is awful now so I am ready to upgrade whenever Google puts out a new phone. If not for the battery, I'd be more than happy to keep the 6P for a while longer since it's been excellent otherwise.

ryseing

Not as dumb as a surplus of digital day one editions put on clearance later. That's so dumb it might be performance art.

Freaking FFT0. They INSISTED that Episode Duscae would only be available at launch. Would have waited for a price drop otherwise. Instead ED at launch was a trainwreck and those who bought the game later got to play the patched version.

Eh, at least I really liked Type-0. Might actually replay it during the summer drought.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom