• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT28| Welcome to the Penis Farm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yakuza 0's story (and voice acting) is fucking great. I need to buy it and never play it just like I did with Persona 4 and Deadly Premonition.

robotrock

Banned
Guys, there's no Persona 5 ER.
Stop "their reaction would've been so awesome when SPOILER happens" posts.

There's a Persona 5 Spoiler thread, go there. This what if scenario to bring spoilers in here is unecessary.

i know how you feel bro, it's no fun for me either seeing everyone else enjoying persona 5 while i wait for the unnannounced switch version

pizzacat

Banned
Guys, there's no Persona 5 ER.
Stop "their reaction would've been so awesome when SPOILER happens" posts.

There's a Persona 5 Spoiler thread, go there. This what if scenario to bring spoilers in here is unecessary.
I don't tell you to go to the Greek culture thread in ot let me be

oti

Banned
i know how you feel bro, it's no fun for me either seeing everyone else enjoying persona 5 while i wait for the unnannounced switch version
I was going to get it for PS4 last week actually, there was a good promotion going on. But the game was out of stock, so I skipped that. Installed a bunch of Steam games from my backlog instead.

I don't tell you to go to the Greek culture thread in ot let me be
you be you, but you know

for once i'm with Oti here. this is a cross-section of spoilers for no reason and stealth ER begging

please stop

See? Yaoi-girl agrees.

Xater

Maaan imagine if the new Prey was also a banger.
That would be so cool.

The last rounds of previews was pretty positive about the starting hours. I watched the Waypoint video and it looks really good. I am optimisitc about this one.

I also feel like every time the public has gotten a hold of a demo lately it ends poorly

I don't think that's true at all. Wildlands Beta sucked and the game sucked, but the NIER Automata demo was really good and probably sold a lot of people on it.

TraBuch

Banned
God I forgot how much I liked this Mortal Kombat scrub league video.

Ryan: Jeff, tell us a little about Stryker, your feelings on him and what are your most valuable strategies when dealing with him.

Jeff: Well, Stryker's got a gun and he can shoot guys with the gun and that's pretty good.

God I forgot how much I liked this Mortal Kombat scrub league video.

Ryan: Jeff, tell us a little about Stryker, your feelings on him and what are your most valuable strategies when dealing with him.

Jeff: Well, Stryker's got a gun and he can shoot guys with the gun and that's pretty good.

I love that video! Jeff playing MK is one of my favorite duder-game combinations, along with Brad-Trials and Drew-Flightsim.

daveo42

Banned
I mean the commentary doesn't help, well meaning as I'm sure they are...

Very true, but none of the gameplay looks good or fun either. Might be the character animation and overall combat look. The hot switch between characters seems pretty cool. I just wish I could put a better reason on why I couldn't watch more than a few minutes of it, regardless of commentary.

Mr. F

Banned
Very true, but none of the gameplay looks good or fun either. Might be the character animation and overall combat look. The hot switch between characters seems pretty cool. I just wish I could put a better reason on why I couldn't watch more than a few minutes of it, regardless of commentary.

For me it's general fatigue with that style of game and the 'attitude' baggage that comes with being from the makers of Saints Row. I was never huge on the previous games mind you, but this looks so bland that I'd be surprised if even diehard SR fans would be excited.

daveo42

Banned
For me it's general fatigue with that style of game and the 'attitude' baggage that comes with being from the makers of Saints Row. I was never huge on the previous games mind you, but this looks so bland that I'd be surprised if even diehard SR fans would be excited.

I played the opening hours of SR3 and loved it. The bit where you hop in a car with one of your buddies and drive to another part of town, singing along to the radio was damn near magical. Same with the insanity of the open.

I should go back and play SR3.

Right. Imo the book is way better. Will Smith mentioned the book so maybe he read it.(manga is best tho)

Totally the case. The movie is okay for its shock value but kind of glosses over a ton of stuff that really makes it such an interesting story.

Hearing Jeff say Halo 2 was "meh" and then going on to praise Halo 3's story as great.

psyduck_the_sexy_by_chard_butts-d6tx4y9.png

ArjanN

Yeah...this is clearly going to end in 2-3 episodes.

I'm not so sure. Dan is stil better than Vinny, and despite what Dan says he's obviously pretty rusty, so playing more will make both of them better.

Jason is worse at fighting games.

Nah. Dan is just pretty familiar with Soul Calibur, at least in so far that he knows what the good buttions are, which means you'll beat someone who's unfamiliar with the game and has to resort to just mashing. Team battle seems like it has enough rounds that it mostly eliminates the luck of ringouts and such.

The Condemned is better than Battle Royale.

I'm pretty sure even a huge wrestling mark like Dan will admit that isn't close to being true.

Hearing Jeff say Halo 2 was "meh" and then going on to praise Halo 3's story as great.

I dunno about Halo 3 but Halo 2's story was a bunch of unfinished nonsense.

The Playerunknown situation they were joking about in the podcast actually makes sense when you know the history. The guy invented the genre with the Day-Z mod and then designed the King of the Kill mode in H1Z1. Day-Z is in a development nightmare and apparently H1Z1 is being left with virtually no support, apparently. So now that the guy is leading a dedicated studio for his own game, it's a big deal to let people know this isn't a copy cat and the actual man behind those other game modes is the guy designing this game and this is where his attention is. For random people seeing it on steam it obviously means nothing but this is a genre that was already very popular and those people who know who this guy is, know this is a game to follow. It obviously was the right decision because the game is selling at rate, that I think surpasses even Rocket League.

The Playerunknown situation they were joking about in the podcast actually makes sense when you know the history. The guy invented the genre with the Day-Z mod and then designed the King of the Kill mode in H1Z1. Day-Z is in a development nightmare and apparently H1Z1 is being left with virtually no support, apparently. So now that the guy is leading a dedicated studio for his own game, it's a big deal to let people know this isn't a copy cat and the actually man behind those other game modes is the guy designing this game and this is where his attention is. For random people seeing it on steam it obviously means nothing but this is a genre that was already very popular and those people who know who this guy is, know this is a game to follow. It obviously was the right decision because the game is selling at rate, that I think surpasses even Rocket League.

It helps that this game is palatable compared to dayz or h1z1. Yeah a perpetual game is nice, but getting the same feeling in the form of a 30 minute death match is...better? Its easier to swallow I suppose then having start a game punching trees and building sticks.

Huh? Halo 1 is a stupendously designed campaign to this day. 2 and 3 aren't quite to the level of 1, but they both have amazing moments (3 especially).

more like stupendously boring

I get the impression that people fellate the Silent Cartographer entirely because of how fucking dull the Truth and Reconciliation's repetitive purple slog right before it is

It's super crazy that Xbox probably wouldn't still be a thing if Halo 1 hadn't hit so hard. With that in mind, it's nuts that Microsoft didn't do more to maintain their exclusive relationship with Bungie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom