• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT28| Welcome to the Penis Farm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megasoum

Banned
I assume PlayerUnknown is totally free of any blame for the abandonments of Day Z & H1Z1?

He's not the creator of DayZ, he made the battle royal mod for it. Then he worked on H1Z1 but afaik his contract ran out and then decided to make his own game.

Dean Hall is the DayZ creator who never finished his game and then moved on to other projects which are also getting cancelled.

oti

Banned
He's not the creator of DayZ, he made the battle royal mod for it. Then he worked on H1Z1 but afaik his contract ran out and then decided to make his own game.

Dean Hall is the DayZ creator who never finished his game and then moved on to other projects which are also getting cancelled.
Remember when that dude went on stage at E3 to announce DayZ on consoles and what kind of huge deal that was back then?

Their strange takes on the Pro aside which yall covered already, the thing that always gets me when listening to the Bombcast is how they always end up with statements that are more or less "If you care about games you will want to get a PC." This is of course after the weekly 10-20 minutes of discussion about how they had trouble getting a game set up on their PC or how the PC port of this week's hottest game isn't so great.

You really can't imagine why I wouldn't want to build a PC?

Tagyhag

Their strange takes on the Pro aside which yall covered already, the thing that always gets me when listening to the Bombcast is how they always end up with statements that are more or less "If you care about games you will want to get a PC." This is of course after the weekly 10-20 minutes of discussion about how they had trouble getting a game set up on their PC or how the PC port of this week's hottest game isn't so great.

I think they're hyperbolic about a lot of things. They act like the Nier PC port is one of the worst ever but it's not even that bad and it's been getting patched as well.

That said, they never implied "If you care about games, get a PC" They imply that objectively, the PC is the best way to play a lot of games. Which is 100% true.

I feel like the bolded/underlined is pretty rare lately... 5+ years ago, sure. Ports are always a crapshoot though. Generally they seem fine/good but then one comes along that makes you question it

SeanR1221

Man....Dan...
is not good at soul calibur lol.

I think by "it is the game i am actually good at" he means "it is the one fighting game where I memorized a few moves"

I love soul calibur though. I am happy to watch at least one more week of this This is the Run

Who is he good with? Because every character that popped up he was quick to say "ok I'm not great with him/her" 😂😂

So like... is there just a band of developers starting early access Arma mods that get real popular for a month, die down, then all those developers jump to another team creating another early access Arma mod that gets big for a month, and repeat?

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Forget Persona 6 or whatever. I'm playing Planescape Torment in 4K on Steam and it is glorious. I am very happy right now

So like... is there just a band of developers starting early access Arma mods that get real popular for a month, die down, then all those developers jump to another team creating another early access Arma mod that gets big for a month, and repeat?

All these ignorant battlegrounds drivebys in the past few days smh... this one's not going anywhere at all. I can't imagine how huge the game is going to be once console guys finally get their hands on it, not to mention when the mod community opens up it's going to really blossom into something special. BR mod's have been incredibly niche for several years now despite being super intense and addictive, and now there's finally an official product that does the concept justice, it's really no wonder it's doing gangbusters. You skeptics just need to try it or watch a good stream of it, shit's intense AF and there's nothing else like it with it's level of polish. Listen to Jeff of the latest Bombcast, there's something truly special about this one.

I did not expect this game of all things to get a stream. Excited to finally see what the hell it is. Literally all of my exposure to Panzer Dragoon comes from Sonic Transformed.

oti

Banned
The player has a stream to Chromecast button. Yay.
But it streams from the start and you can't jump forward. Booh.

daveo42

Banned
Peter Brown is super well informed. Would be nice to be have someone like that on the team. This stream tho is more ehh so far. Feels like Jeff would vastly improve it.

oti

Banned
Peter Brown is super well informed. Would be nice to be have someone like that on the team. This stream tho is more ehh so far. Feels like Jeff would vastly improve it.

The stream is totally fine.

I want a more energetic hire tbh. And another retro enthusiast? I don't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom