• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT28| Welcome to the Penis Farm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bento

that hires thread is complaining about Bens voice.

that's pretty messed up
eh, I can see where people are coming from :p He doesn't have a particulary good radio voice like say Jeff and Brad so I expect this to be something that's gonna follow him throughout his time at GB.

I like him though lol.

Strax

that's pretty messed up

While it doesn't bother it is extremely easy to hear/understand why a person would complain about his voice. His laugh is great in my book.

Also I loved to visit Uppsala.

Hjod

Banned
I'm trying to find a video where Jeff laughs a lot, I don't really know why but I just like when he laughs, maybe because he's like me and seldom laughs.

I can't remember any video where he breaks down laughing really.

And why are people in talking about Bloodborne 2 on Gaming, has there been any credible rumors that we will get a Bloodborne sequel?

Ben's voice is a bit grating. For someone who is on podcasts and videos I think it's a valid complaint.

Doesn't bother me too much though.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
I've only known about Ryan posthumously, since i only got into GB a couple years ago, but what a great person he was.

RIP.

hamchan

I'm fine with chill voices like Ben. Dan and Jason were a bit more grating at first with their smoker voices.

But like most things we'll just get used to it.

Also I have to eat my words about the Switch. I thought this first year was looking abysmal software wise, pretty much agreeing with Giant Bomb, but it turns out Zelda, Mario Kart and Puyo Puyo Teris is all I needed to put a hundred hours into this thing already.

oti

Banned
I'm fine with chill voices like Ben. Dan and Jason were a bit more grating at first with their smoker voices.

Also I have to eat my words about the Switch. I thought this first year was looking abysmal software wise, pretty much agreeing with Giant Bomb, but it turns out Zelda, Mario Kart and Puyo Puyo Teris is all I needed to put a hundred hours into this thing already.

Yep. Love this console already. I've played it well over 140h at this point in the span of two months. Zelda, Mario Kart and the Puyo Puyo Tetris Demo are an amazing combination.

I bought an Xbox One two years ago and I'm nowhere near that number.

you could totally play all those games on the shitter without a switch

Could we all chip in and get Piston a Switch or something? Maybe then he'd stop?

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
The Nintendo Switch is a good console with a good first year of first-party titles.
There's like almost one first-party game coming every month and having both a 3d mario and zelda in the same year is crazy.

I like it.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
PS4 remote play

So now I need to take both a vita and a wii u tablet with me to the toilet and hope that the connection isn't blocked to the wii u and hope that the wi-fi is good enough for the vita?

EDIT: in the event of a longer gaming session on the toilet where I want to play both puyo puyo tetris and Zelda BOTW.

i feel like i'm losing my mind with TLC

/edit well i finished and jesus

what even is this

what

what the fuck
few3rjn1.gif

I've only known about Ryan posthumously, since i only got into GB a couple years ago, but what a great person he was.

RIP.
If it wasn't for his shenanigans with Jeff and the others at Gamespot, I wouldn't have been into GS at all.

SeanR1221

Agree on the switch. I remember saying to my wife, "I just want to play Zelda and then I probably won't play much until Mario."

Fast forward to post launch. I 'forced' myself to finish Horizon (only because I wanted to keep playing Zelda, but acknowledged Horizon is great and wanted to see it through).

Now I'm struggling to play Nier and have no interest in picking up Prey right now.

The hybrid format is a game changer for me. I find myself way more likely to play in bed or lounging on the couch

Xater

you could totally play all those games on the shitter without a switch

I couldn't before, so I am happy with it.

For real, I am enjoying my Switch way more than I thought I would. I am even using the portable aspect to a bigger extent than expected. I also still have to play P5, but Zelda, Mario Kart and Puyo Puyo Tetris are keeping me real busy. Well Zelda not anymore, because I have just beaten that one.

Salvadora

that's pretty messed up
It's really not.

Significant amounts of the site content (quick looks, podcasts) is primarily voice focused so it's natural that people would be sensitive to that.

More messed up that some people can't seem to handle any sort of criticism of Giant Bomb imo.

It's really not.

Significant amounts of the site content (quick looks, podcasts) is primarily voice focused so it's natural that people would be sensitive to that.

More messed up that some people can't seem to handle any sort of criticism of Giant Bomb imo.

damn, dude, I agree with you but you don't have to be all "no you" about it

Salvadora

damn, dude, I agree with you but you don't have to be all "no you" about it
It wasn't directed towards strafer specifically.

I just find it strange that any sort of criticism, however benign, is met with those comments.

You would be forgiven for thinking that people were engaging in personal attacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom