• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT28| Welcome to the Penis Farm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hjod

Banned
Quick reminder of what story you're talking about would be appreciated. I think.

You asked for it.

giphy.gif

kiguel182

This Tarzan game was one of my childhood games. I played it a ton on the PC. I remember this level pretty well and I'm pretty glad the game kinda holds up.

Glad they are catering to my nostalgia now. I guess this is how you old guys feel about the old games.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
This Tarzan game was one of my childhood games. I played it a ton on the PC. I remember this level pretty well and I'm pretty glad the game kinda holds up.

Glad they are catering to my nostalgia now. I guess this is how you old guys feel about the old games.

That game was even too old for me honestly.

Xater

I'm watching the Amiibo Festival Stream they did and they were mentioning how awesome Animal Crossing was/is.

So I wanna try it out.

Do you have a 3DS? I'd just get the game for that thing.

PS: Animal Crossing is overrated. It's super boring and you can't play how you want. Wanna play for two 2 hours? Too bad, because nothing meaningful is going to happen, come back tomorrow, maybe.

Ashby

I vividly remember the Nintendo Power issue where Tarzan was the cover.

Xater

But I like all the old games, even the ones I haven't even played in my childhood.

Bacon

Do you have a 3DS? I'd just get the game for that thing.

PS: Animal Crossing is overrated. It's super boring and you can't play how you want. Wanna play for two 2 hours? Too bad, because nothing meaningful is going to happen, come back tomorrow, maybe.

Yuuuup. The amount of praise that game got on neogaf made me think I must be missing out on something. Holy moly that game is boring as shit.

Antiwhippy

I enjoyed animal crossing for 30 hours.

And then I never wanted to play an animal crossing game in my life ever again.

Fireblend

Banned
Animal Crossing is a great game that accomplishes what it's designed to do; complaining about it not being a game you can put several hours into at a time seems like a pretty cheap shot coming from people that clearly know better :p it's not like its even advertised as such or misleading in the way it sells itself. That's akin to buying a zen garden to see what the fuzz is all about and complaining that there's very little to it.

It's a very unique game with a very specific purpose which it accomplishes well, but you have to know what you're getting into to enjoy it. The fact that it's purposely designed to be played in short bursts is one of the things I like about it. It's almost a stress relieving tool more than a game.

It's my most played game on both DS and 3DS.

Meneses

I always thought Animal Crossing was super boring, too.

Going back to the Switch talk, I got one at launch due to the hype but I regret it. I didn't like Zelda, and I put like 15 hours into it to try to justify my purchase but that made me dislike the game even more.

Got Fast Racing Neo, which is neat, but not really something that special.

I don't think i've touched the Switch in over a month. I considered selling it but if they decide to release a Fire Emblem Radiant collection I want to be ready for it
it won't happen, but a guy can dream

Antiwhippy

My switch time is on standby too, but there are games in the near future that I'm looking forward to getting for the switch.

Though it's more like my mind has been so preoccupied with nier that I haven't felt like playing anything for awhile now.

Help.

Fireblend

Banned
I always thought Animal Crossing was super boring, too.

Going back to the Switch talk, I got one at launch due to the hype but I regret it. I didn't like Zelda, and I put like 15 hours into it to try to justify my purchase but that made me dislike the game even more.

Got Fast Racing Neo, which is neat, but not really something that special.

I don't think i've touched the Switch in over a month. I considered selling it but if they decide to release a Fire Emblem Radiant collection I want to be ready for it
it won't happen, but a guy can dream
Get some Puyo Puyo Tetris in your life -> Switch redeemed.

Salvadora

My general rule about buying new systems is to wait for at least 3 "must have" titles.

It's to alleviate buyer's remorse that I've been susceptible to in the past.

Salarians

your first Animal Crossing is the best Animal Crossing

that said, I'd probably recommend the 3DS version over the others, or just wait for the Switch version

GCN still has the best music tho and the NES games* are really cool

Edit:
*NES games that you can collect and play the in GCN version, first AC was on N64 and only for Japan (updated version was the GCN release)

oti

Banned
You asked for it.

giphy.gif

Thanks...?
Didn't really watch MGScanlon so I missed this.

My general rule about buying new systems is to wait for at least 3 "must have" titles.

It's to alleviate buyer's remorse that I've been susceptible to in the past.

Zelda alone eliminated buyer's remorse for me. And I always get that feeling usually.

your first Animal Crossing is the best Animal Crossing

that said, I'd probably recommend the 3DS version over the others, or just wait for the Switch version

GCN still has the best music tho and the NES games are really cool

Yeah, I can see that. The DS one was my first AC. I enjoyed the 3DS one too but like Pokémon I feel like this series desperately needs a reboot.

Tagyhag

Man I wish their new video player was better. It hitches a lot and sometimes it'll just stop altogether and start from the beginning.

idk if they're gonna cover The Surge but it should totally be an East joint.

It's like Dark Souls but with Sci Fi elements.

Vinny should play it lol.

Jams775

I don't know if anyone has brought it up yet but on the last UPF, Jeff mentioned wanting to make a game. Then somebody mentioned doing it as a part of a show.

I'd actually think that could be an amazing series to see. Especially if he just used Unity, bought most assets and had a guest that knew how to make games guiding his way and help connecting the dots. He could even be in a more design role while he had somebody on there putting it together.

I think it would be a lot like Mario Maker was except he could do whatever he wanted (within reason of course). Another good idea to go with it was if he did the video say once a week (or biweekly/monthly), he could request/source assets from fans and really make it a community thing. Hell, even have it be an open source thing where the community can contribute.

I don't know, the idea for a show like that just got me excited. It'd be something I haven't seen done before, that's for sure. I have no idea if it would work out.

Here's some more B-games they should play.

Big Mutha Truckers 1 & 2, Darkwatch, Dog's Life(I know it has been played on a UPF), No One Can Stop Mr. Domino, Musashi: Samurai Legend, Rygar, Gregory Horror Show, SOS: The Final Escape, XIII, Shadow of Rome, Godhand, Killer 7, The Gataway, Shadow Man, Road Trip Adventure, Blood Will Tell, Fear Effect, Outrun 2006: Coast 2 Coast, Fire Pro Wrestling Returns, Alter Echo, Bishi Bashi Special, Armed and Dangerous, Samurai Western, Incredible Crisis.etc

Xater

Here's some more B-games they should play.

Big Mutha Truckers 1 & 2, Darkwatch, Dog's Life(I know it has been played on a UPF), No One Can Stop Mr. Domino, Musashi: Samurai Legend, Rygar, Gregory Horror Show, SOS: The Final Escape, XIII, Shadow of Rome, Godhand, Killer 7, The Gataway, Shadow Man, Road Trip Adventure, Blood Will Tell, Fear Effect, Outrun 2006: Coast 2 Coast, Fire Pro Wrestling Returns, Alter Echo, Bishi Bashi Special, Armed and Dangerous, Samurai Western, Incredible Crisis.etc

This is a decent list.

animal crossing is way more chill than stardew valley

Just doing nothing is also pretty chill, and doesn't require you to spend money on a bad video game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom