• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT28| Welcome to the Penis Farm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tagyhag

4lqhHML.jpg

And that's how /TheRedPill/ was created. :p

Strax

Here's some more B-games they should play.

Big Mutha Truckers 1 & 2, Darkwatch, Dog's Life(I know it has been played on a UPF), No One Can Stop Mr. Domino, Musashi: Samurai Legend, Rygar, Gregory Horror Show, SOS: The Final Escape, XIII, Shadow of Rome, Godhand, Killer 7, The Gataway, Shadow Man, Road Trip Adventure, Blood Will Tell, Fear Effect, Outrun 2006: Coast 2 Coast, Fire Pro Wrestling Returns, Alter Echo, Bishi Bashi Special, Armed and Dangerous, Samurai Western, Incredible Crisis.etc

But most of them are C games, at best.

To me B-games are stuff like Call of Juarez, Haze, Beyond Good & Evil, Smuggler's Run, State of Emergency etc.

Drew makes no difference whether hes there or not on a Demo Derby

hottest take

My take: Despite not being a "founding member" of Demo Derby, Jeff is (and will always be) the best part of it due to him being able to recollect his time in the industry back then. Case in point: He was in one the videos in the most recent episode!

Demo Derby was good when it was just Dan and Drew, but became something more when Jeff joined.

Doomvape

Neo Member
Atleast Dan and Drew made alot of jokes and talked during Demo Derby's. So far it's mostly Jeff talking and Brad and Ben sleeping.

Megasoum

Banned
lmao at Dan and Vinny loading the Voodoo Vince credits to see if Phil Spencer is in there and then completely missing him cause they're talking about something else haha

Atleast Dan and Drew made alot of jokes and talked during Demo Derby's. So far it's mostly Jeff talking and Brad and Ben sleeping.

???

Were you watching gamebomb.ru's version of this demo derby? Ben and Brad were active during this.

Also while Dan and Drew have left the series it was able to keep the dynamic that makes it work tbh.

So you have the seasoned veteran (Jeff), the other person who is experienced but not as much as the veteran (was Dan, now its Brad) and the person who is pretty new looking back (was Drew, now its Ben).

I wonder if Billy Hatcher and the Giant Egg counts for B-Game. I remember that game being far better than it had any right to be. Weird Katamari/Action game mix that had a shockingly good multiplayer mode.

Jeff is always gonna be the most interesting person on any video he's on, so Ben and Brad riffing off of him is perfect.

My hot take is that Ben already riffs off of Jeff better than dan. Dan was great with his own input and stories but he wasn't the best at improv with Jeff . Dan is waaay better at GBeast than he was at west.

Doomvape

Neo Member
Jeff is always gonna be the most interesting person on any video he's on, so Ben and Brad riffing off of him is perfect.

My hot take is that Ben already riffs off of Jeff better than dan. Dan was great with his own input and stories but he wasn't the best at improv with Jeff . Dan is waaay better at GBeast than he was at west.

East is the be(a)st

Unless it turns to either wrestling or Jeff's adding his own stories to Dan's stories lol

Hjod

Banned
Armed & Dangerous and Stranger's Wrath are two B-games I would like to see.

Edit: Oooh, ooh, and Otogi

Oh my god, Armed and Dangerous, that would be so good..

I think I have the game at my mothers place, in the original box.

I played the demo with my brother so many times that the cd went to shit, then I got it for my birthday.

The memories haha.

Sakwoff

I really like that Ben actually picks up on Jeff's bits and rolls with it. That has really been missing from GBWest.

Good Demo Derby.

they spend the entire video talking about if phil spencer had anything to do with voodoo vince and then when his name finally shows up in the credits, they miss it completely.

Saty

I find Ben's voice unclear and a bit unpleasing. So that's a problem. And while it's too early to pass judgement, it doesn't seem like he's bringing a different view or taste in games. Even if you didn't like Austin at first, you could acknowledge he has something to say that the other members don't and that he covered games that other members didn't before and haven't since (same goes for ' a Drew Game').

neshcom

Banned
Ben seems cool. Will be stoked if he gets a little more comfortable with the crew.

Oh wow, kind of an unceremonious end to Demo Derby.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom