• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT28| Welcome to the Penis Farm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something was definitely up with Vinny's game even before the invisible house massacre. His inventory was taking an eternity (relatively) to open up.

It may have had something to do with that Windows 10 pop-up he got at the start asking him to restart due to an issue with the hard drive (I can't remember exactly what it said). I run PUBG on a disk drive and it works that drive loudly the entire time I play, with the disk-access LED on my tower permanently red (no flashing). I've never had a game do that before. It hitches rarely for me--nothing like what Vinny was seeing--but whenever it hitches I'm sure to hear the disk drive revving up and putting in work.

kiyomi

250px-TheMole.jpg

I used to love this show, wish they would bring it back. :(

Probably. I think the real problem is that the actual audience for "immersive sims" is small, but people in the industry think they're way more popular than they actually are because PC devs worship at the Looking Glass altar. It's an echo chamber. There's a conflation of influential with popular for that reason.

Which is a bummer, I love this style of game more than anything and Arkane are fantastic developers. Enjoying the new wave of this genre while it lasts, at least we still got System Shock 3 coming too.

What wave though?

I can't really think of much else like it released lately or coming soon.

Prey, Dishonored 2, and Deus Ex: MD most recently, that's 3 AAA games in what, 8 months? That's ignoring any smaller budget games like Consortium which had promising looking sequel footage but not sure if it's actually coming out. Going back farther you could say it kicked off with Dishonored 1 and Deus Ex: HR.

It's just the first time in a while that there've been that many larger budget games of that nature. Call it a little wave or whatever you want.

Xater

So like another game from the same developer and one other game (that most likely killed the franchise)?

I guess to me a wave is more of a bigger movement.

Hey you asked. It's still a genre that is very underepresented. It's probably rarer to get an immerssive sim than a new arcade racer these days.

Jintor

i don't think B&W was a very good game but i really enjoyed the feeling it had of using the hand to do basically everything, even if that was 'make shitty gestures' and 'throw things'

Xater

i don't think B&W was a very good game but i really enjoyed the feeling it had of using the hand to do basically everything, even if that was 'make shitty gestures' and 'throw things'

The hand aspect was a neat idea. My biggest issue actually were the creatures. I never felt like babying those was any fun and slowed the game down too much.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I kinda feel that it's not really their fault though? Bethesda isn't exactly doing that great marketing their games.

Also I haven't gotten it yet but the thing that's still holding me off (other than the PS4 controls thing) is that it looks kinda bland? The environments and black goo creatures isn't exactly awe inspiring horror sci fi designs to me.

Xater

I kinda feel that it's not really their fault though? Bethesda isn't exactly doing that great marketing their games.

Also I haven't gotten it yet but the thing that's still holding me off (other than the PS4 controls thing) is that it looks kinda bland? The environments and black goo creatures isn't exactly awes inspiring horror sci fi to me.

Yeah gameplay wise Prey seems cool, but I am with you on the enemy design. That has always been my issue with it. Odd that they went with it in the first place considering the backlash the XCOM shooter got for going in that direction.

It's one of those games where I can only remember the first level. I never had any desire to play the game further.

Antiwhippy

Yeah gameplay wise Prey seems cool, but I am with you on the enemy design. That has always been my issue with it. Odd that they went with it in the first place considering the backlash the XCOM shooter got for going in that direction.

I mean I kinda get the point of why they would go that route but it's still just boring when they get exposed.

LiK

Went back to watch Bradth of the Wild and holy shit. Brad found this
weird Horse god thing
and I never saw it. That thing freaked me out.

Jintor

The hand aspect was a neat idea. My biggest issue actually were the creatures. I never felt like babying those was any fun and slowed the game down too much.

I remember the game had a glitch where you could accidentally 'discipline/reward' another god's pet, and if you were a mean-spirited 10-year-old like myself, just beat the ever loving shit out of it. I mean, like, get really vicious. Just slap the fuck out of some poor giant cow.

mhanna49

Neo Member
Guys famitsu has screens of Dynasty Warriors 9

I hope GB talks about it

where does Ben stand on Dynasty Warriors

I hope he likes it

DW9 sounds interesting but I am hoping for a game that feels significantly different than 8. I cringe every time Koei, Omega Force or DW is talked about by the duders. Ben doesn't seem like a DW guy either.

Xater

I remember the game had a glitch where you could accidentally 'discipline/reward' another god's pet, and if you were a mean-spirited 10-year-old like myself, just beat the ever loving shit out of it. I mean, like, get really vicious. Just slap the fuck out of some poor giant cow.

Maybe you are oversharing here...

Jintor

lmao this BiTE first substory

oh man i TOTALLY skipped a cabaret episode of BiTE. Fuck. I wish I didn't have a conveyancing assignment to do tomorrow so i could just veg the fuck out

LiK

Still haven't watched a single BitE episode. Been trophy hunting in P5 NG+ so Yakuza 0 is still unplayed. I guess I have a really good amount of videos to watch later this year.

Antiwhippy

I'm just waiting for the trademark #Jeffturn on this game. It happens all the time.

I feel like it already has?

You can kinda feel that he's less into it the more it just became them all gathering equipment and then getting smoked before being able to have a proper fight.

Jintor

yeah like it looks great to watch and it'd probably be fun with a team, but i get the feeling my actual play experience would just be a lot of wandering around and then getting shot out of nowhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom