• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT28| Welcome to the Penis Farm

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiK

Oh definitely, just that it doesn't really speak no. 1 goty to me.

Def not. Super janky and unfinished. It won't be GOTY contender unless they polish it up and it's no longer Early Access. I mentioned this before but it'll mos tlikely get its own category this year.

kiyomi

I can see PUBG getting 'Best Surprise' or something, provided nothing else comes along. It's been a good year for games already.

I can see PUBG getting 'Best Surprise' or something, provided nothing else comes along. It's been a good year for games already.
Yeah I think it has that in the bag. I don't have any interest in the game, but it came out of nowhere and took the office by storm.

chogidogs

yeah like it looks great to watch and it'd probably be fun with a team, but i get the feeling my actual play experience would just be a lot of wandering around and then getting shot out of nowhere.

This is basically me. Still can get tense though. Also, I got a chicken dinner by grouping with my friends and I only killed A dude. I didn't feel like I deserved it.

Mupod

Still haven't watched a single BitE episode. Been trophy hunting in P5 NG+ so Yakuza 0 is still unplayed. I guess I have a really good amount of videos to watch later this year.

I never thought I'd say this but Yakuza 0 might be on par with P5 for me. I honestly can't say which one I like better. It's crazy to think that Kiwami isn't far off either, although I haven't heard as many good things about that as 0.

There's been one or two dud episodes of BitE like that one where Dan was sick and complaining about everything. But for the most part they have been great, including this one.

LiK

I never thought I'd say this but Yakuza 0 might be on par with P5 for me. I honestly can't say which one I like better. It's crazy to think that Kiwami isn't far off either, although I haven't heard as many good things about that as 0.

There's been one or two dud episodes of BitE like that one where Dan was sick and complaining about everything. But for the most part they have been great, including this one.

I haven't looked up what changes were made to Kiwami but if it's very close to the original game, I can see why. Way less Majima and it's a much more serious game overall.

It's not only less majima.

It's also like they turned majima into some whole other character in 0.

Nishitani is more Majima than Majima. I only realized when watching BitE. I think Majima took a lot of inspiration from him when he decided to rebrand himself.

Regardless, I love Majima in 0 so it doesn't bother me too much but it is very contrived.

Nishitani is more Majima than Majima. I only realized when watching BitE. I think Majima took a lot of inspiration from him when he decided to rebrand himself.

Regardless, I love Majima in 0 so it doesn't bother me too much but it is very contrived.

The rebranding is maybe my least favorite part of Y0.
It feels so arbitrary, like he just flipped a switch and went "okay, I'm going to be crazy now."

LiK

like I said, haven't played Y0 or watched the videos so I dunno how Majima is portrayed. No need to explain cuz I don't want spoilers. But I do know he's quite beloved in Y0.

PowerTaxi

Banned
This is basically me. Still can get tense though. Also, I got a chicken dinner by grouping with my friends and I only killed A dude. I didn't feel like I deserved it.

That was me for my only win so far. Got the last kill by sheer chance but then thought "Fuck it, you don't need to kill 96, you only have to get 1".

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
No shit, but
they could've done a way better job of having that change happen

Haha yeah, fair enough, I haven't actually seen that yet seeing that I haven't played the game, but I've heard it's weirdly hackneyed.

It's just kinda weird they went this direction in the first place. I mean, this majima seems like a pretty good character so far but did it have to be majima?

No shit, but
they could've done a way better job of having that change happen

yeah definitely.
The handwavy justification for it right at the very end is a weird attempt at justifying that character... shift, because I can't even call it a development. Would've made more sense for Majima to have shown more of that wild side of himself in this game than really try to portray him going from kind of a straight man to a total lunatic. I mean, they didn't even try.

But it's been ages since I played any other Yakuza game and I like Majima in 0 a lot. It'll probably bother me more in Kiwami and going forward actually.

Wunder

Haha yeah, fair enough, I haven't actually seen that yet seeing that I haven't played the game, but I've heard it's weirdly hackneyed.

It's just kinda weird they went this direction in the first place. I mean, this majima seems like a pretty good character so far but did it have to be majima?

Yeah, that's the confusing part. If Majima was already an established character in the franchise, why make the left turn and make him into the character he is in 0, only to have yourself make another sharp turn to correct it?

Would all you DOTA hating haters watch a premium feature of Brad, Ben, and friends of the site (dream team is obviously Dave and Greg Kasavin) playing​ through the new DOTA coop campaign thing? My sleep deprived brain just thought this up.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Would all you DOTA hating haters watch a premium feature of Brad, Ben, and friends of the site (dream team is obviously Dave and Greg Kasavin) playing​ through the new DOTA coop campaign thing? My sleep deprived brain just thought this up.

Go back to sleep.

swimbuff

Yeah, that's the confusing part. If Majima was already an established character in the franchise, why make the left turn and make him into the character he is in 0, only to have yourself make another sharp turn to correct it?
How it was explained to me was that
Majima cultivated this cool, calm and collected personality to be effective at his job as the manager at the Grand and by the end of the game viewed that as part of the whole thing that trapped him in Sotenbori. Hence by the end of the game, inspired by Nishitani and Sagawa, Majima makes a complete break from that personality by becoming this crazy dude. There were hints that he had some breakdown and started questioning the way he was doing things after he found out he was manipulated by Shimano.

In any case, I think the game did a poor job of getting us to buy into the idea of Majima's character development. He's one heck of a character in 0 though.

daveo42

Banned

No. Fuck no. God why would you do that to yourself or wish it upon anyone else?

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
so, still no abby video huh
I mean they hired a producer for back of house, that's what it was described as in the job listing with ever so often some camera work. Vinny is much more excited about having another pair of producer hands than trying to fit another personality into the fold right away.

Give the woman a chance to get acclimated.

Plus the podcast always comes first. It's why it's the number one podcast out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom