• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT28| Welcome to the Penis Farm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would all you DOTA hating haters watch a premium feature of Brad, Ben, and friends of the site (dream team is obviously Dave and Greg Kasavin) playing​ through the new DOTA coop campaign thing? My sleep deprived brain just thought this up.

4NGk2Cg.gif

imBask

Banned
Would all you DOTA hating haters watch a premium feature of Brad, Ben, and friends of the site (dream team is obviously Dave and Greg Kasavin) playing​ through the new DOTA coop campaign thing? My sleep deprived brain just thought this up.

i'd rather watch Waypoint content over this

NBA Playgrounds isn't up on the PSN Store.

First I couldn't get Flatout 4 digitally and got a physical copy (fun game btw, arcadey) and now they're behind on the NBA Playgrounds release.

I love my PS4 but GOD DAMMIT, You have one job PSN.

Xater

NBA Playgrounds isn't up on the PSN Store.

First I couldn't get Flatout 4 digitally and got a physical copy (fun game btw, arcadey) and now they're behind on the NBA Playgrounds release.

I love my PS4 but GOD DAMMIT, You have one job PSN.

It's up in Europe, it's just the US store that sucks I guess.

Curufinwe

No one else will finish it but almost everyone on the crew has played enough of it that when Alex says it's really good, they'll believe him.

Right, that's how it gets into the top 10.

The new hires are wildcards, though. Not just in terms of what games they will play and like, but in how comfortable they will be standing up to the old guard when it's time to start cutting games.

strafer

I mean they hired a producer for back of house, that's what it was described as in the job listing with ever so often some camera work. Vinny is much more excited about having another pair of producer hands than trying to fit another personality into the fold right away.

Give the woman a chance to get acclimated.

Plus the podcast always comes first. It's why it's the number one podcast out there.

who cares about the podcast. bleh

Im just talking about a short video introduction so we know a little bit a bout her.

not a Kojima fucking cutscene length, just 3 muntues.

Hasney

I mean they hired a producer for back of house, that's what it was described as in the job listing with ever so often some camera work. Vinny is much more excited about having another pair of producer hands than trying to fit another personality into the fold right away.

Give the woman a chance to get acclimated.

Plus the podcast always comes first. It's why it's the number one podcast out there.

Yup. There's a lot more to do and learn in that role whereas editorial is basically play videogames, talk about videogames on camera, occasionally write about videogames. it's either a) going to take a while or b) some of you are going to just be disappointed in general because your expectations were not the role.

Im just talking about a short video introduction so we know a little bit a bout her.

Sure. Right after Bens. Probably should get Dan and Jason to do a couple at some point too.

Mupod

I wonder why Brad doesn't play Heroes of the Storm. It's like DOTA except fun, and his boy Alarak is in it.

How it was explained to me was that
Majima cultivated this cool, calm and collected personality to be effective at his job as the manager at the Grand and by the end of the game viewed that as part of the whole thing that trapped him in Sotenbori. Hence by the end of the game, inspired by Nishitani and Sagawa, Majima makes a complete break from that personality by becoming this crazy dude. There were hints that he had some breakdown and started questioning the way he was doing things after he found out he was manipulated by Shimano.

In any case, I think the game did a poor job of getting us to buy into the idea of Majima's character development. He's one heck of a character in 0 though.

this is how it came across to me as well, and I've never played any other Yakuza games. When I was playing through my first time I even mentioned how I liked the aspect of his personality where you could tell there was something beneath his facade. Although in retrospect I think I mainly got that sense because his battle styles and glorious karaoke skills clashed with how he carried himself otherwise, and those things I'm guessing are influenced by how he is in the other games.

they should bamboozle Y0 Majima into best new character somehow.

daveo42

Banned

I think that's what the announcement article was for. I think we'll get more of her this week if they have a GBEast playdate or other live stream thing.

LiK

Video intro? They'll introduce her in Beastcast and you'll like it!

LiK

Alex "let me just say my piece and we can remove it from the list" Navarro isn't Dan

Actually, I now remember Alex got Thumper in top ten through sheer will as well. Alex woke up last year and he seems to be on fire this year with games. So I'm expecting him to be pushing some titles pretty hard.

Curufinwe

Alex "let me just say my piece and we can remove it from the list" Navarro isn't Dan

He did get Thumper on there last year, one spot above Stardew.

And he did a great job on explaining what was so awful about the Palmer Luckey mess. Alex is aging like a fine wine.

Bacon

I wonder why Brad doesn't play Heroes of the Storm. It's like DOTA except fun, and his boy Alarak is in it.

Going from a moba ass moba to HOTS is tough. The stakes feel so much higher in DOTA/League to the point where it's hard to find enjoyment in HOTS. It's ok every once in a while but it just doesn't scratch the same itch at all.

imBask

Banned
He did get Thumper on there last year, one spot above Stardew.

And he did a great job on explaining what was so awful about the Palmer Luckey mess. Alex is aging like a fine wine.

oh i'm definitely liking him more now than before, Papa Vinny and Dan really got him going

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
pleasant voice to listen to.. unlike the other hire. Looks like east wins it again
why do gbeast fans always seem to have this urge that they cant be happy about their thing? that they have to always say WELL ITS BETTER THAN GBWEST

its very little brother syndrome

Going from a moba ass moba to HOTS is tough. The stakes feel so much higher in DOTA/League to the point where it's hard to find enjoyment in HOTS. It's ok every once in a while but it just doesn't scratch the same itch at all.

I played hundreds of hours of DOTA2, and going to HOTS with friends for something different to play felt "slow/boring" to me.

I definitely think you have to use HOTS as a gateway drug to DOTA/LOL.

Hasney

why do gbeast fans always seem to have this urge that they cant be happy about their thing? that they have to always say WELL ITS BETTER THAN GBWEST

its very little brother syndrome

They're the guys that support the underdog sports teams without thinking that they're owned by some billionaires anyway.

Stay winning CBS Presents: Video Game Coverage By Giant Bomb From New York with Employees #12398, #1938, #19831 & #18371283

Bacon

I played hundreds of hours of DOTA2, and going to HOTS with friends for something different to play felt "slow/boring" to me.

I definitely think you have to use HOTS as a gateway drug to DOTA/LOL.

Yeah this is basically what I was trying to say in a nice way. It is supremely boring coming from DOTA/League.

TheChits

Learning to wavedash in melee and incorporating it into my gameplay was so satisfying. I need to give Rivals of Aether a whirl. I really dig the Ben/Jason combo

LiK

Yeah. Might try it again in the future, maybe just not the right time to play it for me.

Yea, the game def goes places and the combat just keeps getting better as you level up. Not sure where you left off but it's quite surprising how good it is from the beginning to the end. Def give it another shot in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom