• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT28| Welcome to the Penis Farm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I wonder if Ben/Alex is enough to get P5 on the top 10.

Also, it has to be a lock for Vest Styyyyyyle, right? Top 3 at least?

Makoto's vest is pretty stylish indeed.

Anime-Persona-5-Makoto-Nijima-Dress-Cosplay-Costume-School-Uniforms-for-Girls-Women-Black-Vest-White.jpg

LiK

Also, it has to be a lock for Best Styyyyyyle, right? Top 3 at least?

It better be in Best Styyyyyyyle. I'm sure Jeff, Vinny, Alex and even Ben will vouch for that.

I can see Alex putting it into his personal top ten. Not sure about Ben tho. Guess I'll wait and see if he talks about it some more next week.

daveo42

Banned
I like the vest, but where are all them skin tight body suits almost everyone gets?

Also, it has to be a lock for Vest Styyyyyyle, right? Top 3 at least?

It should make the list for Style, Music and GotY, but that does rely on both Ben and Alex pushing hard for the game. If we are lucky, Vinny will have had some time to put into the game as I don't see much support from anyone else on staff. Possibly Jason, though he hasn't had too much pull in GotY talks previously.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
cosmic star heroine has anti-style

ech. its not like not having style. its like trying to have style and it just looks awful.

Anjin M

After playing all the way through Yakuza 0, it's wild how much I'm enjoying watching the Beast crew play through it. Such a great game.

Taking a break from Persona 5 55 hours
555 personas 555 doors
in and bought Nier Automata this morning. My curiosity is too strong and Persona 5 keeps dramatically shifting between interesting and boring.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
More than potential. has any game with randomly generated levels ever been praised for its level design?

Probably, just don't want to write the game off wholesale without checking it out. But for me personally, what I remember fondly about the late 90s shooters are the levels and the guns. Strife seems to have the aesthetics down but I'm not sure about the rest. May end up being a case of style over substance.

Yeahhhh, just played a bit of STRAFE and it isn't that great, unfortunately. The weapons feel bad, the enemies just sort of run at you from all directions due to lack of real level design, it runs poor (which is mind-boggling), and also has a real lack of direction (art and overall design.) I'm sorry to say that I'm gonna have to refund :/

kiyomi

Yeahhhh, just played a bit of STRAFE and it isn't that great, unfortunately. The weapons feel bad, the enemies just sort of run at you from all directions due to lack of real level design, it runs poor (which is mind-boggling), and also has a real lack of direction (art and overall design.) I'm sorry to say that I'm gonna have to refund :/

That's a shame. I loved their original announcement trailer.

demidar

Competitive Smash seems like it has even higher input barriers than non-anime fighting games because almost all high level tech isn't intended so the developers don't put any quality of life stuff for it, like input buffers for example to make target combos easier.

I'm expecting lots of praise for Prey on the Bombcast. I've been juggling Nier and Prey in the beginning but I've reached a point in Prey that I just want to focus on playing it. It's ridiculously good and satisfying, those audio cues(you know how satisfying the guitar riff in COD4 is? This has an abundance of it). It's a shame that the combat itself is not as good as everything else but engaging the enemies in multiple ways make it fun. Can't wait to listen to the archive.

I forgot Strafe releases today, going to have to save it for Summer. Balls deep in Prey & Nier at the moment.

I'm going to say battlegrounds won't win goty.

You can quote me on this.

Of course it won't but at least everyone will get to say their piece about it.

I don't get the Horizon love. Sold it after 10-15 hours. Just seemed like a typical open world game, albeit pretty.

In a world where we don't get big ass new IPs, it's really good. Not only the world is extremely well realized with the interconnected tribes as they each differ from one another in the way they treat or view the world but the story of how technology and mystical myths are smartly weaved in the world itself with the tragedy of a long and forgotten world is very fascinating. Aloy is also a top contender for best new character.
that little snake from snake pass has a lot of styyyyyle

It helps that the game is good if not great as well.

I'm expecting lots of praise for Prey on the Bombcast.

From who? Did you see how Brad played it? No one there is going to like it all that much, I'm fairly certain. Maybe Jason? He liked Dishonored 2.

There was really good Prey talk on the latest Waypoint Radio. Everyone there is into it and had smart things to say. Good shit. I like the Bombcast still but every time they talk about a game it's pretty much one person who played it explaining it and the rest occasionally asking a question. Those are my least favorite parts.

ArjanN

procedural generation is the worst thing to happen to level design

Nah.

I'm actually sure the average game with procedural generation has put more care and effort into their level design than the average game without it.

"I'm a big Smash Bros. fan but one of my biggest problems with it is the insanely high barrier to entry"
[/img]

Pretty obvious he meant the level of entry to playing at a competitive level, not just mashing buttons on the couch with your little brother.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom