• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT28| Welcome to the Penis Farm

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiK

I'm enjoying the new Jeff x Vinny QLs. So happy they're doing this again. Just need to get Vinny's audio quality to be better. You could tell he was being Skyped in.

Also, FF8 is shitty emo garbo.

daveo42

Banned
Ff8 is the best ps1 ff.

Lemme guess your an ff9 stan.

Nope. FFIX has it's faults, but it's all around better than VIII. My personal favorite is VII but that's probably due to it being the first one I played. The only one I have a weird appreciation for is FFXI circa CoP, even if that's when the economy went to shit and was before they updated the leveling curve. VIII has a poor story, broken combat system, and meh characters. At least it looked good for the time.

Was VIII your first FF game?

Salarians

tumblr_njdbirqFva1qjztgpo1_400.gif

Lunar FC

Please no more following Vinny's camera in Battlegrounds. He probably fired about 3 shots during the entire stream only killing Jeff.

Please no more following Vinny's camera in Battlegrounds. He's probably fired about 3 shots during the entire stream only killing Jeff.

That may be true, but he also captured magic. There is also something very funny about hearing Brad and Dan on voice comms, fighting for their lives, barely armed while Vinny cowers behind a staircase with a loaded AK.

What we need is all points of view recorded. They don't all need to be live but it would be nice to see it from any player's perspective.

Red UFO

Final Fantasy 8 has that scene where all the monsters on the moon all pile up so high that they start falling off the moon and falling down to earth and that's pretty amazing

LiK

Your opinions on this stuff are always so enlightening.

FF8 will always be one of the worst in the series. Played it at launch and beat it. Felt like it was a missed opportunity. I have absolutely no good opinions about it. Poor writing, poor characters and a messy plot. Never understood how anyone can defend it. The best part was about Laguna but we get stuck with the bland dipshit Squall instead. Would've been 10x better if it was about Laguna and his squad instead.

IX da bes

Correct.

Please no more following Vinny's camera in Battlegrounds. He probably fired about 3 shots during the entire stream only killing Jeff.

I think they need to rotate someone every week, then we can see what type of person they really are, so far we know Vinny is coward who will gladly watch his fellow man be massacred, if he hasn't already killed them himself.

kiyomi

FF8 will always be one of the worst in the series. Played it at launch and beat it. Felt like it was a missed opportunity. I have absolutely no good opinions about it. Poor writing, poor characters and a messy plot. Never understood how anyone can defend it. The best part was about Laguna but we get stuck with the bland dipshit Squall instead. would've been 10x better if it was about Laguna and his squad instead.

Correct.

Thanks for elaborating. I actually find the Laguna sections some of my least favourite, but I imagine I'm in a minority there. Honestly also I think FF games are a time and a place thing, idk how old you were when it came out but I played it and loved it. I have a soft spot for emo garbo. :(

mrklaw

MrArseFace
How does the bomb cast work? Never watched live and just started. Does it take breaks at fixed intervals? Wondering if I could watch from now and then catch up with the start later on?

LiK

Thanks for elaborating. I actually find the Laguna sections some of my least favourite, but I imagine I'm in a minority there. Honestly also I think FF games are a time and a place thing, idk how old you were when it came out but I played it and loved it. I have a soft spot for emo garbo. :(

That's fine. I won't judge you for that. I was just so disappointed with it.

9 is garbage for people who wish they had a tail in real life.

Vinny has a tail.

daveo42

Banned
Haru lacks the necessary screen time to make me like her outside of her
love of coffee
and her damage output in dungeons.

Oh my god an ff7 stan. As geese would say, predictabo.

I played the nes ffs first when I was a kid. Dont really remember them.

FF7 really touch a nerve there? You might not like 7, but there's no way you can say 8 is better than 4, 6, or 9. Then again, I guess we are all entitled to our seemingly shitty opinions about games. Like 12 being meh and I hate the combat system because it felt like a SP copy of FFXI.

Cross > Trigger

Yeah...nah dog. Xenogears is a better Chrono game than Cross.

kiyomi

I actually played 7 for the first time ever in 2014 and I thought it held up okay. Totally solid JRPG. Can definitely see why people playing it on release would've thought it was special.

LiK

Cross doesn't exist. It's just your imagination.

I actually played 7 for the first time ever in 2014 and I thought it held up okay. Totally solid JRPG. Can definitely see why people playing it on release would've thought it was special.

Yea, FF7 was an event. It was unlike anything else before it at the time.

Haru lacks the necessary screen time to make me like her outside of her
love of coffee
and her damage output in dungeons.

FF7 really touch a nerve there? You might not like 7, but there's no way you can say 8 is better than 4, 6, or 9. Then again, I guess we are all entitled to our seemingly shitty opinions about games. Like 12 being meh and I hate the combat system because it felt like a SP copy of FFXI.

Fucking knew it.

9 is garbage and people who like 9 tend to hate 8. 7 fans dislike 8 because its not a direct sequel, but 9 fans are a whole other level.

How does the bomb cast work? Never watched live and just started. Does it take breaks at fixed intervals? Wondering if I could watch from now and then catch up with the start later on?

They kinda just take breaks when they finish a major segment or when they feel they need a break. You can start now and watch the beginning later if you want. You can rewind the stream while it's live and they will archive the video for regular viewing.

Curufinwe

The thing about Persona 5 is that, while I really loved the game, the main party characters are all pretty bad, except Makoto and Yusuke.

And someone else I won't talk about for spoiler reasons.

Ryuji is a really well done teenage boy character. He's annoying and stupid and crass in believable ways, without becoming unlikable.

The fact that he totally lost his shit when they got found out, but then later realized he had gone too far in front of all of his friends and apologized for it was a great moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom