• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT28| Welcome to the Penis Farm

Status
Not open for further replies.
pvIKIo5.png

Collab?

saoirsetakesoffsunglasses.gif

Hasney

Vaut-tec bombs Williams. Easy.

Seriously don't think it has anything to do with Giant Bomb though. those bombs look normal sized.

Curufinwe

I think we all have to wake up to the realization that GBW just doesn't want to play Persona 5. It's a dead period for games right now, and instead Jeff and Brad are playing clickers and Dota/Quake. Just accept the fact that it won't be on the top 10 list this year.

It's not a realization. I didn't expect Jeff or Jason or especially Brad to play it.

But games that only one person played have ended up on the top 10 before. Ben and Alex are playing it, so that's at least two.

Salarians

Maybe it's just because I went in with rock bottom expectations but I'm having a good time with Mass Effect Andromeda. Kind of a bummer to see it put on hiatus like that.
Nothing about ME:A worked for me. The story, the characters, the combat, the quests... I just had zero interest. I didn't even finish it, and I usually play Bioware games at least twice (I have a problem). I'll give it another shot in a year or so but I'm not sure my problems with the game can be fixed through patching. :(

I just hope this doesn't negatively affect Dragon Age.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
It's not a realization. I didn't expect Jeff or Jason or especially Brad to play it.

But games that only one person played have ended up on the top 10 before. Ben and Alex are playing it, so that's at least two.

Who was the big persona 4 player? Haven't watched any of the videos of that, but I thought Jeff seemed to be talking from a position of experience of persona story/systems in last week's podcast? Did he play 4?

Hasney

Who was the big persona 4 player? Haven't watched any of the videos of that, but I thought Jeff seemed to be talking from a position of experience of persona story/systems in last week's podcast? Did he play 4?

Jeff and Vinny did a whole Endurance Run for the site.

oti

Banned
Nothing about ME:A worked for me. The story, the characters, the combat, the quests... I just had zero interest. I didn't even finish it, and I usually play Bioware games at least twice (I have a problem). I'll give it another shot in a year or so but I'm not sure my problems with the game can be fixed through patching. :(

...is this bait?

Hasney

I had fun with Dragon Age and even platinumed it. It was a lot better than ME:A at least.

That Sega Saturn anniversary stream is still not in the schedule... :(

I think you just may have willed it into existence on the schedule.

Busy in the night, but will check it out after the fact.

Catvoca

Banned

I hated it for the first ~6 hours but once I got off Eos and they introduce the new aliens it started to win me over. It's a complete mess but I think there's fun to be had in it so far. I actually enjoy exploring the open worlds and tackling quests there. Driving around the ice planet reminded me of ME1 in a big way. I think the writing gets a little better as you get to know the squad too, though it's never great.

The bugs are the least of its issues for sure. There's no patch that'll fix some of the awful lines of dialogue or the insanely convulated quest design.

Wound up watching about half of the latest Murder Island with the Locoroco theme song looping (PS4, with the locoroco dynamic theme, was idling nearby). It gives the game a... slightly different feel. One that I'm oddly alright with, lol

Megasoum

Banned
Ah I didn't know that they made a real version of SpacePlan.

I played through the original free version back in the days and really loved it. Cool experience.

Anybody else still getting ads on the site with the discounted subscription?

Edit: Nevermind, I logged out and logged back in and they're gone. God the site looks weird with ads, it's not designed to have them on at all, they stick out so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom