• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT28| Welcome to the Penis Farm

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiyomi

Give him some time to grow a bit. Not everyone's a natural at entertaining or has killer comedic timing like Jeff

He seems like a good duder and an appropriate fit, but I think the West crew could stand to have someone additional with a bit more energy.

Hasney

And stop talking about fighting games.

hahaha-no.gif

Xater

Someone in the thread about IO being sold off joked about Sony buying them to make Ape Escape. I laughed, but also thought, they could probably turn Ape Escape into a non-violent Hitman. I imagine the targets being apes walking around in human clothes trying to fit in.

should i buy tekken 7

I ask myself the same question every so often. I really enjoy fighting games, but wanted to quit them. I just no longer have the commitment to actually get good at them.

LiK

Ben has an annoying laugh. Both his real one and the fake one he does.

Other than that, I think he's real good so far. He needs to bring some features to the table though.

And stop talking about fighting games.

I'd rather they talk about fighting games than MOBAs.

Hasney

should i buy tekken 7

I ask myself the same question every so often. I really enjoy fighting games, but wanted to quit them. I just no longer have the commitment to actually get good at them.

Yup. I also don't hugely enjoy the long juggle combo style of Tekken in general. BUT, I will at the very least get it in a sale and play the stupid story, because some motherfucker is getting dropped into a volcano.

Xater

Yup. I also don't hugely enjoy the long juggle combo style of Tekken in general. BUT, I will at the very least get it in a sale and play the stupid story, because some motherfucker is getting dropped into a volcano.

Yeah the juggle combos are probably the main thing. Like you I really want to the the story mode though. It looks super dope.

Wunder

Yeah, guess I will wait for reviews/GB QL. Do fighting games usually go on sale quick? In my memory they usually take a while which is why I was considering getting in during launch.

swimbuff

Last good Tekken story mode was in Tekken 3.

I'm one of those weirdos who owns a fight stick yet plays fighting games strictly in single-player. Hopefully Tekken 7 is a return to form for the series.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
Hitman seemed like the game everyone loved to watch but noone actually bought

... because everyone was watching it

kiyomi

Hitman seemed like the game everyone loved to watch but noone actually bought

... because everyone was watching it

I played that game for like 60 hours last year.

And watched 100

LiK said:
I think so. Altho I hate to admit I have zero interest in it.

Yeah I haven't seen enough of it to decide either way, hopefully we see more at E3. I loved both Remember Me and LiS though, so I'm willing to give it a chance.

hamchan

should i buy tekken 7

Of course you should. You get to press a button and throw someone into a volcano.

Also buy Injustice 2 too. It's a game that fully embraces that Superman is an extremely boring character and only interesting as an evil dickhead.

LowRoller

Of course you should. You get to press a button and throw someone into a volcano.

Also buy Injustice 2 too. It's a game that fully embraces that Superman is an extremely boring character and only interesting as an evil dickhead.

False. The best superman stories( All star superman, all seasons and american alien) portray him the ideal superhero, someone who every other superhero looks up to. The laziest stories are when writers make superman evil for some dumb reason.

Xater

False. The best superman stories( All star superman, all seasons and american alien) portray him the ideal superhero, someone who every other superhero looks up to. The laziest stories are when writers make superman evil for some dumb reason.

Let's agree to disagree because the first two of those bored the shit out of me.

Only Superman stories I ever enjoyed: Red Son and Death of Superman.

Curufinwe

Maybe it's just not the best time to be making episodic games, i dunno.

I think the problem with Hitman is that it was turned into an episodic game just so they could get something on to the marketplace before the end of the fiscal year. Which was great for how Giant Bomb and many others wanted to consume the content, but the almost year long delay in releasing the disc version hurt its overall sales.

Yooooo, the first STEEP expansion came out and it's pretty cool! It's super goofy and has you do a whole bunch of challenge missions that eventually end with "boss fights" They added a new sport too, sledding! The sleds are amazing since you have very reduced control as you need to keep your balance and avoid turning too sharp or sudden since you will get thrown off! The animation work is pretty great too because it's just your character starting to look like he's freaking out as you barrel down the side of a mountain, laid down on a wooden sled. You can christ air the sled and standup on it btw. The whole expansion adds a flavor to the game that I say reminds me of Far Cry: Blood Dragon (in terms of just being goofy, colorful, and fun!) Can't wait to see the other two expansions!

Makes me wish that this was the game we got on launch because I think the GB crew would have spent a little more time with it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom