• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT28| Welcome to the Penis Farm

Status
Not open for further replies.
just a quick question, how long have people been premium up to this point? I'm going on three years?

I was an initial subscriber, but then stopped because the whiskey media era was shit with premium content (you were paying for HD video and some weekly Tested Happy Hour content). I've been back on for like 4 or 5 years now?

Tubobutts

I started subscribing maybe a month or two after premium became available. I don't remember exactly but I know I didn't do it immediately cause I don't trust that Jeff Gerstmann.

Joeku

I get that.

They did a great job telling a complete story and filling the lore holes that needed filling.

There is a obvious thing they set up for a sequel but yeah... they probably blew their load when it comes to cool world history stuff. Anything else will feel kinda small in comparison.

Yeah, exactly. They really didn't leave anything left to fill in, so any future Horizon game is entirely forward-looking. I appreciate that, in some way, but still. It's a weird feeling.

Edit: Oh my god the split podcast was the worst idea they ever had.

Abby seems like a great fit at GBeast

I wonder how that will affect quick looks from the east side now. One of the things I love about the QLs that GBeast has done lately, aside from the fact that Alex, Vinny, and Dan are a great combo, is that many of their QLs are all 3 of them. Just makes the content that much more entertaining with them bouncing off each other. Not sure how the addition of Abby will affect their output.

She seems nice, but totally doesn't seem like she's quite used to being in front of the camera yet, and needs to grow into the role for sure.

Hasney

Ben seems like a bad fit at GBwest

Yeah, IN OPPOSITE LAND AHAHAHA

Hi-5.gif~c200

erawsd

I wonder how that will affect quick looks from the east side now. One of the things I love about the QLs that GBeast has done lately, aside from the fact that Alex, Vinny, and Dan are a great combo, is that many of their QLs are all 3 of them. Just makes the content that much more entertaining with them bouncing off each other. Not sure how the addition of Abby will affect their output.

She seems nice, but totally doesn't seem like she's quite used to being in front of the camera yet, and needs to grow into the role for sure.

Wouldnt surprise me if shes not as involved with quicklooks and takes on more of a Jason-like role.

Wouldnt surprise me if shes not as involved with quicklooks and takes on more of a Jason-like role.

Does she have producing experience? Both Vinny and Jason had video production background before GB, so usually seems like if they want someone to take on that role that they know what they're doing already.

Hasney

Does she have producing experience? Both Vinny and Jason had video production background before GB, so usually seems like if they want someone to take on that role that they know what they're doing already.

I don't know about Abby's actual experience, but Vinny did say on something that they were open to hiring someone with only basic knowledge of editing as long as they had the passion. Think Jeff said on Jar Time that all the positions they were hiring were more junior ones than they were in the past.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.

Vinny says something like "Abby I got it" during the Playgrounds QL. Pretty sure she is production.

erawsd

Video production is what she was hired for, so Id guess she has some experience. They joked about Vinny being allowed to be sick now that Abby is on board.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
I have to agree. But I dont think hed be a fit in East, either.

Abby for that matter is so so as well, but if shes more behind the scenes, thats fine. As a face of the site, Ben doesnt really make an impression.

It's been a week or two...give them some time to grow.

daveo42

Banned
So I don't think a game has made almost lose my shit as hard as Steins;Gate 0. Get to 12/23 and (End of 4th chapter spoiler)
see a specific character only to have no one realize that she's the girl Suzuha has been looking for. Glad that wrapped up fast and didn't drag on that long. Was ridiculously close to just flippin' shit.

danm999

I've enjoyed both Abby and Ben thus far.

I will say I was a little surprised neither of them had played Hitman, but then the events of the past week or so have shown that hardly puts them in a fringe group.

Lunar FC

I have to agree. But I dont think hed be a fit in East, either.

Abby for that matter is so so as well, but if shes more behind the scenes, thats fine. As a face of the site, Ben doesnt really make an impression.

Ben basically just says unfunny things that nobody respond to and then just makes dumb facial expressions at the camera after. 😅

Maybe the gbweast producer will be coo. 🤞

Wunder

So I don't think a game has made almost lose my shit as hard as Steins;Gate 0. Get to 12/23 and (End of 4th chapter spoiler)
see a specific character only to have no one realize that she's the girl Suzuha has been looking for. Glad that wrapped up fast and didn't drag on that long. Was ridiculously close to just flippin' shit.

Is Steins;Gate 0 a continuation of the VN/Anime or is it like a remake?

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone

mmmmm.

Mmmmm.

Play more and post impressions. :p

daveo42

Banned
Is Steins;Gate 0 a continuation of the VN/Anime or is it like a remake?

It's a side story/prequel thing that
seems to take place in the timeline where Okabe fails to save Kurisu in the beta worldline instead of saving her at the end of the original game
Basically take the bad end and run with that instead of the true end that comes after in the original.

mmmmm.

Mmmmm.

Play more and post impressions. :p

Gah...I need to go to bed...The OT for the game has been dead for a month too...

Wunder

It's a side story/prequel thing that
seems to take place in the timeline where Okabe fails to save Kurisu in the beta worldline instead of saving her at the end of the original game
Basically take the bad end and run with that instead of the true end that comes after in the original.

Gah...I need to go to bed...The OT for the game has been dead for a month too...

that doesnt seem fun :(

valeo

Pretty sure she is more there for the production side - as you could see for the first stream she was involved in (Battlegrounds I believe)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom