• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT28| Welcome to the Penis Farm

Status
Not open for further replies.
2937766-cp_beastintheeast_part15_09052017.00_45_04_41.still001.jpg

Beast in the East: Yakuza 0 - Part 15
Gather round because Kiryu has a lot of story and bad guys to get through in this one.

I'm abit busy today so I'll watch this later but I'm REALLY looking forward to it.

e: Seems like the uploader broke because the thing ends in a middle of a cutscene from what I gather.

Jintor

oh it's meant to be like 2 hrs i guess

so now that sega is going pc game crazy, what are the chances of yakuza on the personal computer

Tubobutts

Beast in the East has been messed up the past two weeks and Abby has worked there for two weeks.

What I'm saying is; What does Abby even do all day?

Jintor

so i have a question about yakuza fighting. obviously dan isn't the greatest at it, but is it the kind of game where it's actually possible for me to in the course of normal gameplay just totally style on everyone involved without being knocked over too much?

i really don't like getting smacked down into helpless states in games

so i have a question about yakuza fighting. obviously dan isn't the greatest at it, but is it the kind of game where it's actually possible for me to in the course of normal gameplay just totally style on everyone involved without being knocked over too much?

not really

swimbuff

God damn the localization in Yakuza 0 is so good. Comedy in games is hard enough, what more when it's translated to another language. Especially when it's from Japanese, with very specific tropes and beats that you need to make it work.

Tubobutts

There are definitely times where you'll get surrounded and smacked around without being able to do much until they stop. That's why I prefer Majima because that is much less likely to happen with his breakdancing style.

Like Beast is Kiryu's best style against crowds but it's slow and if you're not close enough to any pickupable weapons it can be easy for the enemies to surround you and hit you before you can hit them.

Tubobutts

Wouldn't the dodging style prevent that?
I never really used Rush style that much anyway, plus you have to wait for them to stop hitting you and be able to stand up before you can switch styles.

Edit:I'm pretty sure I have that shirt in the post below. I should probably try it out.
Also I've mostly ignored the real estate stuff so my Kiryu is way underpowered compared to my Cabaret Complete Majima.

Mupod

Played through on hard, it wasn't difficult past the first boss but you couldn't take a lot of hits especially against weapons so I had to play like that. Now it's not DMC cuhrayzee but there were only a few hyper aggressive boss enemies (in Kiryu's real estate story) where it was actually difficult to win without taking damage/knockdowns. And in those cases it was just a matter of switching to a different styles. When Dan is getting pummeled without being able to fight back it's because he is just mashing like crazy most of the time, bless his soul.

Beast Style deals with groups of mooks in seconds and later in the game you can become nearly immune to knockdowns anyways. Also there's a shirt that lets you do this

xDQ8F7Y.gif

all else fails pull out your slime gun. Oh and for Majima, Slugger style is so OP I didn't bother getting fancy.

demidar

You know, if they got rid of that warm-up animation when you switch stances and just let you start doing moves like in DMC4.

Mmmmmmmm.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
you've been a real barrel of laughs in recent threads.

edit: ick sorry, got you confused with someone else

To be clear, I'm just joking around in that post.

Mostly mimicking how certain people react when GBW makes similar mistakes.

Meneses

Episode cut off right before things start ramping up in a major way.

I wonder if they did the entire sequence in this episode, hope it's not lost due to some upload error.

Man, when I got to this point I had done all the side business stuff so I was just riding the roller coaster straight to the end of the game.

There are items to help keep you on your feet, and some upgrades that help when your heat gauge is filled.

Mainly, unless you're doing colosseum stuff, you can stack your inventory with Stamina Royale (big health and heat boost) and breeze through encounters. If you want to really cheese the combat, especially with Majima's bat, you can spam heat attacks.

Meneses

Kiryu has one of the cheesiest moves, and I don't think Dan has ever done it, in Beast style
you can grab people laying on the ground and keep slamming them over and over. Yes, even bosses - they eventually break free but you can go back to doing it

Mupod

Yess they found one of the best substories

did they do the one with the vending machine kid?

when they found him and ran off to do something else last episode I almost yelled at my monitor

Kiryu has one of the cheesiest moves, and I don't think Dan has ever done it, in Beast style
you can grab people laying on the ground and keep slamming them over and over. Yes, even bosses - they eventually break free but you can go back to doing it

this is how I no-damaged a few bosses. I've tried to tell Dan in the comments but to no avail.

Wunder

did they do the one with the vending machine kid?

when they found him and ran off to do something else last episode I almost yelled at my monitor

this is how I no-damaged a few bosses. I've tried to tell Dan in the comments but to no avail.

Yes! One of my favorites.

Antiwhippy

Alex does this really weird thing where he sees that dan clearly isn't enjoying the combat but he still feels the need to defend it even though he hasn't played it hah.

Wunder

Alex does this really weird thing where he sees that dan clearly isn't enjoying the combat but he still feels the need to defend it even though he hasn't played it hah.

Yeah he seems really wary/cautious of trying to make sure the other two aren't making wrong assumptions and while I appreciate it, it doesn't really help it that much.

Antiwhippy

I mean it would make more sense if he's actually played the game or the series at all but he hasn't.

It's a really weird thing to get defensive on.

Wunder

I mean it would make more sense if he's actually played the game or the series at all but he hasn't.

It's a really weird thing to get defensive on.

Eh I get where he's coming from. It was his idea to playthrough it and it's a niche Japanese franchise that probably have Shenmue-esque fans. Probably won't stop em though

Tubobutts

My only Shenmue-fan-esque complaint is that Dan still doesn't seem to understand the heat actions and just randomly mashes on triangle when he has heat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom