• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT28| Welcome to the Penis Farm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Also they really stopped that whole stop motion style cutscene after the first bit huh, I think this is the first episode in awhile to feature it.

BearPawB

Banned
My only Shenmue-fan-esque complaint is that Dan still doesn't seem to understand the heat actions and just randomly mashes on triangle when he has heat.

I found the window for some of them so small I would often just mash it out too

Like the bat one where you just stand in front of someone, is really hard to tell when it's gonna work

Today's BitE video is gone. Is this where we riot?

Giant Bomb after a membership sale:
c8e.gif

Wunder

Abby!!! Where's ma Beast in the East.

They're both hilarious. Then again I haven't played either game so I might not get as frustrated as those who have put a lot of hours in yakuza and PUBG.

I've put hours into both and they're both great

Meneses

Monday is by far the best day in the Giant Bomb week because it has their current two best series.

Also, Yakuza's combat is definitely not the greatest or deepest but it would probably help the enjoyment if they actually did anything other than mostly just button mashing.

Even just dodging and / or timing the combos instead of hitting the button 500 times would help.

Hasney

Monday is by far the best day in the Giant Bomb week because it has their current two best series.

Also, Yakuza's combat is definitely not the greatest or deepest but it would probably help the enjoyment if they actually did anything other than mostly just button mashing.

Even just dodging and / or timing the combos instead of hitting the button 500 times would help.

Dan had a sick dodge today!

Fireblend

Banned
I put plenty of hours into Yakuza and I both enjoy the series immensely and don't understand the complaints about them playing it wrong or whatever. Dan plays pretty much the way I played through the game and I found the combat satisfying and fun. I guess it's hard for Yakuza diehard fans to believe people may not be as invested as them in developing total mastery of the combat system? It's not like Dan's having to constantly restart fights or anything, nor are they taking him long enough to become boring. I find the game to be super well paced and the series definitely reflects that.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Yakuza's combat as a series is never something I'm especially fond of.

This one seems slightly better but I haven't really played it to know.

daveo42

Banned
Exactly. Those are their worst two series right now.

How can you hate either? BitE has been consistently good and Murder Island is some of the best stuff they produce during the week, and it's on a home day. UPF seems to be more hit and miss depending on how long they stay on a single game. Still good all around, but probably their weakest if its an off week.

Speaking of off weeks, Jeff's at Judge's Week this week.

swimbuff

I put plenty of hours into Yakuza and I both enjoy the series immensely and don't understand the complaints about them playing it wrong or whatever. Dan plays pretty much the way I played through the game and I found the combat satisfying and fun. I guess it's hard for Yakuza diehard fans to believe people may not be as invested as them in developing total mastery of the combat system? It's not like Dan's having to constantly restart fights or anything, nor are they taking him long enough to become boring. I find the game to be super well paced and the series definitely reflects that.

Normally I'm like you but seeing him struggle in group combat, while he's jamming on the circle and triangle buttons in Rush style but immediately stopping that after changing to Beast when the circle + triangle heat combo is a perfect group clearing move, was almost infuriating.

I understand their situation though, he plays so many games day to day but only plays this once a week so he's not going to remember specific context sensitive button combinations. Cut him some slack.

SomberOwl

Unlike last year, it seems there is probably a lot of unannounced / not shown games Jeff will be seeing at this years judges week.

Assassin's Creed 2017
Need for Speed 2017
Battlefront 2
Destiny 2

Red Dead Redemption 2?
Far Cry 5?
Call of Duty WW2 multiplayer?

Hasney

Not Red Dead, they don't do E3. Even if they're at a console makers conference, I don't think they bring their game to the event.

Dude if Oda is supposed to be chinese he ain't been speaking chinese for a long time hahaha.

I'm surprised the chinese characters don't just go "what... what the fuck are you saying?"

I didn't notice because I don't hear a lot of Chinese, but I do notice that the Chinese characters speak Japanese in a really thick accent despite not speaking more than the 5 phrases of Japanese I've picked up from games and whatnot. Specifically Lee's doctor friend who got crowbarred to death.

Unlike last year, it seems there is probably a lot of unannounced / not shown games Jeff will be seeing at this years judges week.

Assassin's Creed 2017
Need for Speed 2017
Battlefront 2
Destiny 2

Red Dead Redemption 2?
Far Cry 5?
Call of Duty WW2 multiplayer?
Honestly after the Japanese renaissance in the first half of this year, I'm looking at all these western AAA franchise iterations slated for the rest of this year and just kinda shrugging my shoulders.

swimbuff

I didn't notice because I don't hear a lot of Chinese, but I do notice that the Chinese characters speak Japanese in a really thick accent despite not speaking more than the 5 phrases of Japanese I've picked up from games and whatnot. Specifically Lee's doctor friend who got crowbarred to death.

Yeah you could say they speak Japanese the way they speak English in the subtitles.

Hindl

Honestly after the Japanese renaissance in the first half of this year, I'm looking at all these western AAA franchise iterations slated for the rest of this year and just kinda shrugging my shoulders.
It does kinda feel like it's going through the motions, but Far Cry and Assassin's could be good. And RDR2 is something

How can you hate either? BitE has been consistently good and Murder Island is some of the best stuff they produce during the week, and it's on a home day. UPF seems to be more hit and miss depending on how long they stay on a single game. Still good all around, but probably their weakest if its an off week.

Speaking of off weeks, Jeff's at Judge's Week this week.
BitE has subtitles, which makes it really hard to watch in the background. PBUG is a really boring game to watch aside from the time where nothing would load. If it were consistently bad like that, it would make for a fun TLC style of watching, but instead it's just a lot of running around and getting shot followed by them reflecting on why they died.

Fireblend

Banned
I only have Yakuza Kiwami and Rime preordered right now (the latter taking advantage of a price error on the Switch version). Other than that and Splatoon 2 I don't see much coming out in the near future that I'm dying to play. I still have to buy Nier:A though.

I have been a GB subscriber for about 5 years, back in the early 2000's i was a Gamespot subscriber to get the sick 'hd' video downloads.lol just checked my gamespot account was created in 2002, older than my gmail

Meguro

Banned
I'm still cautiously excited for Destiny 2.
Despite all the incredible glaring flaws I generally enjoyed my time with Destiny.
It just could've been soooooooo much better.

Injustice and tekken 7 should hold me over until the big games come out in november.

I could literally be happy all year with the what released between January up to Persona 5, I think.

Like I've spent a month and a half on Persona 5, and spent a month before that with Zelda. I am about to finish Persona, but after that there's still so much I want to play. Nioh, Gravity Rush 2, Yakuza 0, Horizon, Resident Evil 7...I haven't touched any of them.

daveo42

Banned
Destiny 2 might pull me back in if Bungie can prove they still know how to tell a story. Idk, that's still a ways away and I have other games to play.

Battlefront 2 is exactly what I was looking for in Battlefront 1, so I'll be there this time.

BitE has subtitles, which makes it really hard to watch in the background. PBUG is a really boring game to watch aside from the time where nothing would load. If it were consistently bad like that, it would make for a fun TLC style of watching, but instead it's just a lot of running around and getting shot followed by them reflecting on why they died.

BitE subs do kind of suck, but I'm fine with devoting more of my attention to because of how much the crew and I like the game and the videos they are doing. More so than their Shenmue vids. PUBG is all about the tension and seeing how they will ultimately fail. The stream last week was particularly good just because of the Vinny glitch. I can understand not enjoying the videos, but they are still quality.

Wunder

So you dislike a series that you have to pay attention to, and you dislike a series that has boring moments where you can ignore the video until shit pops off?

???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom