• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT28| Welcome to the Penis Farm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally free to catch up on BITE before Murder Island.
Exactly. Those are their worst two series right now.
igujh6ui0.gif

Cool stuff.
Noclip Sessions sounds like a great way to fill some of the space between their larger docs. Danny has been kicking so much ass with everything.
Yessssss.

Hjod

Banned

I've never actually seen this discussion. Jesus Christ, how hacky.

I remember when that happened. Still just at bad as it was then. Criticizing a review of the game while you openly shill for it everywhere else on your site and in your own video podcast. Jesus Christ. Love that the "wine and cheese" comment has stuck around tho.

Haha, yes. Criticizing a game reviewer for giving a game a 7/10 while wearing a Pipboy you probably got for free. The level of Shilling is sad haha.

Fallout 4 has turned me off of the series forever. Only one I have played and I have zero interest in ever playing another (or another Bethesda Open World game for that matter, until they genuinely change up their formula)

Hjod

Banned
I've played Fallout 4 100 hours and somehow I don't remember anything about it.

I'm in the same boat, I have the platinum for the game and still think it's bad. The story and dialogue is shit, the base building is meaningless the only thing that kept me playing was that I love exploring, other than that the game is bad.

And saying the Jeff does anything for clicks is ridiculous, IMO he is one of the game reviewers out the with the most integrity, he lost his job over a game review and never backed down.

And Jeff is more 40s and Nacho cheese.

daveo42

Banned
I've played Fallout 4 100 hours and somehow I don't remember anything about it.

I probably put in a similar number of hours and I remember quite a bit. Most of it was either empty or just boring. I did like that greenhouse run by robots and that one racetrack place, but everything boiled down to kill everyone or build up defenses and then kill everyone attacking that farm/base/whatever. Even that weird shadow conspiracy place with the androids ended up being a disappointment. The one about the creepy outpost that was stealing people or w/e.

LowRoller

I'm in the same boat, I have the platinum for the game and still think it's bad. The story and dialogue is shit, the base building is meaningless the only thing that kept me playing was that I love exploring, other than that the game is bad.

And saying the Jeff does anything for clicks is ridiculous, IMO he is one of the game reviewers out the with the most integrity, he lost his job over a game review and never backed down.

And Jeff is more 40s and Nacho cheese.

All i remember is nick valentine . He's such a cool dude.

Plesiades

Fallout 4 has turned me off of the series forever. Only one I have played and I have zero interest in ever playing another (or another Bethesda Open World game for that matter, until they genuinely change up their formula)

I'm in the same boat. They really need to shake things up.

daveo42

Banned
Bring back the tumblr questions.

Damn right. At this point, it must be the quality of the emails being sent in just drying up, SO LET'S GET WEIRD.

I take it Jeff will still be judging E3 tomorrow, so save it for next week though.

Just like a bad comedian, he'll be there all week.

I love Fallout 4 but I will not defend any part of its storytelling or the neutering of speech. It's still the only open-world immersive sim. I love just wandering around the countryside and whatnot too, very pretty game at times when you mod out all the shitty weather.

daveo42

Banned
I love Fallout 4 but I will not defend any part of its storytelling or the neutering of speech. It's still the only open-world immersive sim. I love just wandering around the countryside and whatnot too, very pretty game at times when you mod out all the shitty weather.

The same formula over and over again is what killed me as it became too much of the same "open world" from Bethesda.

Hasney

How do I watch Murder Island on my phone?

Go to giantbomb.com/chat while logged into your premium account and press play when it starts.

The same formula over and over again is what killed me as it became too much of the same "open world" from Bethesda.

They're still just spread out enough that when a new FO/Elder Scrolls comes out, I'm ready for it. If they were on some crazy yearly cycle, I'd be bored by now, but nothing else quite scratches that same itch.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Saints Row 2 had a million bugs and its one of my favorite games of last generation

I'm honestly pretty forgiving of that stuff as long as its not a 'bug' like an input lag or something that constantly affects the way you control a game

imBask

Banned
Bethesda needs to make a game without a shitload of bugs.

The thing is they had a free pass for basically everything before because of the scope of their games ; graphics, bugs, animations...

but then Witcher 3 came out before Fallout 4 and put them to shame, they never adapted

Thanks guys now can somebody tell me when it starts? Hate how their mobile doesn't have the schedule

14 minutes!! Who's ready for some murder

The bugs weren't even the problem I had with FO4. The story and dialogue was awful. Exploring was fun for awhile but everything was so samey and it didn't feel worth it to keep exploring.

daveo42

Banned
Bethesda needs to make a game without a shitload of bugs.

It wouldn't be a Fallout game without radroaches :p

Bugs aren't the problem with Fallout 4. It's the everything else.

Nah, Bethesda games are buggy and filled with whole unoptimized sections, like one of the early mission objectives would cripple even a capable PC at launch. I know it's hard to QA a game with so many moving parts everywhere at all times, but at least try and find some of the more game-breaking ones at least and make sure it runs consistently. I remember the NV bug where you had to be wearing a specific hat to reenter The Strip after your first visit. Or the memory issue in Skyrim that made the game unplayable after a certain point on the PS3. How does stuff like this get through?

Bugs are fine if they aren't game breaking (I hit a few here and there in all recent Bethesda games), since NV had it's share of issues and it's one of my favorite open world games.

LiK

Bugs aren't the problem with Fallout 4. It's the everything else.

I think when it comes to atmosphere they're still great at it. But I also feel like they need to move onto a new engine so their games don't still look like they're from 10 years ago without mods.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom