• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT28| Welcome to the Penis Farm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah Ben's really not what I was hoping for out of West's new blood in a number of ways. This stream confirmed that I only reupped for Beast's playdates and LPs. They needed to get someone high-energy who's good at entertaining and has a pleasant voice. They got Ben instead.

G37yc92.gif

William

Shotguns can be loud as shit in the game. They have made me jump a few times.

Yeah I had my headphones up loud trying to listen for footsteps. Nearly fell over when the guy opened up!

I killed him somehow in my panic but he threw a Molotov which killed me after. My best death so far in the game, normally it's from some guy I never see as I run between buildings.

kiyomi

Yeah Ben's really not what I was hoping for out of West's new blood in a number of ways. This stream confirmed that I only reupped for Beast's playdates and LPs. They needed to get someone high-energy who's good at entertaining and has a pleasant voice. They got Ben instead.

This is kind of how I feel, but they did say they're making another hire before the year is over. Hopefully that person is GBW and fits the bill.

Hasney

This is kind of how I feel, but they did say they're making another hire before the year is over. Hopefully that person is GBW and fits the bill.

It is a GBW production person and I'm hoping it's some chill to stick with the vibe.

I've liked GBW a lot more without Dan... And I've liked GBE a lot more with Dan. I like the two moods.

He can improve.

He just needs to stop trying so hard and trying to make everything entertaining, it happens organically.

His laugh and sometimes voice is annoying as hell and there's nothing that be can done about that though.

His laugh and sometimes voice is annoying as hell and there's nothing that be can done about that though.

As a dude with a low voice who can tend towards vocal fry, that is not true. Vocal fry isn't like an accent. You just have to talk in a different register. It's not hard if you're even a little bit conscious of it. It's really just lazy talking.

William

It's EXTREMELY early in Ben's GB career, but yeah, I certainly agree he isn't the injection of energy that west needs

Yes we shall see, I like him so far and hopefully he brings some new ideas for features and new things to try, the way Dan did and the way East forming did. Early days yet.

Par Score

Like, I don't have a problem with Ben sucking at the game. I'm not watching this for MLG skillz.

But Ben really needs to learn how to play in a way that makes watching bearable. Swizzling the camera all around for no reason, leaving the map up while spectating, so many little things.

It'll come with time, but it needs to be something he consciously works on.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Like, I don't have a problem with Ben sucking at the game. I'm not watching this for MLG skillz.

But Ben really needs to learn how to play in a way that makes watching bearable. Swizzling the camera all around for no reason, leaving the map up while spectating, so many little things.

It'll come with time, but it needs to be something he consciously works on.

It probably wasn't the best idea to let him host the stream already tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom