• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT28| Welcome to the Penis Farm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
They should at least have one run every time where they just say "fuck it", get in as many cars as possible and race to the middle of the circle to run over people.

Hasney

They should at least have one run every time where they just say "fuck it", get in as many cars as possible and race to the middle of the circle to run over people.
Or just play destruction derby with each other.

The most fun game I had was a 15 minute car chase and the other guy didn't know how to boost, so I just kept trying to turn in on him and spin him out. Ended up with him getting out and me just ploughing him down.

That and the time I saw someone leave the building I was in, miss the shot, but jump off the nearby balcony and shoot him as he got in his buggy.

Fantastapotamus

I mean, there is "bad at videogames" and there is BAD.
I still think he did most of that stuff on purpose because you can't be that bad even at this game.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I think they just need to be a little bit better if they want to keep it going.
I mean they play about as well as I do, but watching them loot stuff for 15 minutes and then die the first time they see another player is not that great.
Since I'm just watching his thing on the side I don't care that much.

I DO care about leaving the guy streaming behind though. Come on.

Yeah but do you really expect them to get better.

Right now it's just people running around a boring looking world looking at the ground mostly and then dying before they can do anything exciting.

Even the last one was like that except for 2 good moments out of a 2 hour video.

I liked it earlier but it's quickly wearing out its welcome.

Brad Ben is bad at games.
Brad is still bad at games.
I still think he did most of that stuff on purpose because you can't be that bad even at this game.

shooting randomly was on purpose but the other things can totally happen since he doesn't really know the keys

patapuf

I'm sure Ben did some antics on purpose but gaffes like thinking the Kar is an AR or the flashbang is just down to not knowing the game.

My squad learned not being able to hold grenades the hard way too. But with a frag grenade and huddled together in the hallway.

William

Right now it's just people running around a boring looking world looking at the ground mostly and then dying before they can do anything exciting.

Even the last one was like that except for 2 good moments out of a 2 hour video.

I would like it if maybe a couple of them who wanted to get more into it, like Jeff and Brad maybe, did Duos instead of this, with some commentary from the others and maybe swapping in and out.

Either that or they just try to be the fuckaround gang and have a bit more fun with it as a group.

I would love for them to get to the end game a couple of times though and see the circle shrink to when things get crazy tense, but can't see that happening unless they get lucky.

It was a pretty rough stream. The bad play wasn't a huge deal but having the map up while spectating for extended periods, yawning and reading chat with his head resting on his arm were the more frustrating parts. He ain't ready to be the host, that's for sure.

Zaph

It was a pretty rough stream. The bad play wasn't a huge deal but having the map up while spectating for extended periods, yawning and reading chat with his head resting on his arm were the more frustrating parts. He ain't ready to be the host, that's for sure.

Yup. Don't really care about how good or bad any of them are at games, but Ben seemed really uncomfortable and/or didn't want to be there. Junior hire probably needs more support than that.

Fantastapotamus

Since nobody asked: I finished Torment: Tides of Numenera and boy, I love this game. The combat isn't great (but there's not much of it) but man, that universe is fucking amazing. I need a sequel and/or some books set in that universe. Easily among my favourite games this year so far.

Maybe we get one good "Mass" game this year

William

Yup. Don't really care about how good or bad any of them are at games, but Ben seemed really uncomfortable and/or didn't want to be there. Junior hire probably needs more support than that.

Yeah would have been nice to have Jason out on the couch :(

cool
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1374546

Iqip8Sl.png

xuchu

Since nobody asked: I finished Torment: Tides of Numenera and boy, I love this game. The combat isn't great (but there's not much of it) but man, that universe is fucking amazing. I need a sequel and/or some books set in that universe. Easily among my favourite games this year so far.

Well, as much I love the game, planescape itself never had good combat so it's torment:tides of numenera is just following in it's footsteps.

Fantastapotamus

Well, as much I love the game, planescape itself never had good combat so it's torment:tides of numenera is just following in it's footsteps.

Ha.
I think the combat in Planescape is even worse. It's probably my favorite game of all time but the combat sucks.

However Torment is also a 2017 release, so I can't just let that slide. (Especially since I liked the combat in Wasteland 2 a lot, though that obviously plays very differently). However, the world in Torment is simply fascinating. It'll be one of those games that, had it come out 15 years ago would be heralded as one of the greats. Not necessarily Planescape levels of great, but at least Neverwinter Nights.
I'm really happy with inXile's games, loved both Wasteland and Torment so far.

xuchu

Ha.
I think the combat in Planescape is even worse. It's probably my favorite game of all time but the combat sucks.

However Torment is also a 2017 release, so I can't just let that slide. (Especially since I liked the combat in Wasteland 2 a lot, though that obviously plays very differently). However, the world in Torment is simply fascinating. It'll be one of those games that, had it come out 15 years ago would be heralded as one of the greats. Not necessarily Planescape levels of great, but at least Neverwinter Nights.
I'm really happy with inXile's games, loved both Wasteland and Torment so far.

Yeah I really enjoyed the world as well but also I had tempered expectations and wasn't looking for planescape 2. Seemed as though people who did only set themselves up for disappointment like how lots of people essentially expected pillars of eternity to be Baldur's gate 3.

Bring back Dave Snider and random PC game!

Wait, that's not that remake/reboot/remaster they were talking about right? This is "just" the original game?

it is the remaster

New Features for Xbox One and Windows 10 PC:
Xbox Live Arena support integrated
Play on Windows 10 PC or Xbox One seamlessly with cross-saves, retaining all of your progress and in-game items between both platforms.
Cross-device play lets you play against friends regardless of platform.
Full Xbox Live feature set of the original game, including downloading top player's arsenals to practice against them – a feature not available since the original's release!
Looking for Group on Xbox Live so you can find and connect with other gamers more easily than ever.
Multiplayer starter arsenals are included. Jump right into multiplayer with a better selection of skills!
The Multiplayer skill shop is no longer tied to solo player progression. All skills are available for purchase immediately for multiplayer use.
Improvements to game balance and frame rate

Hasney

Wait, that's not that remake/reboot/remaster they were talking about right? This is "just" the original game?

This is what was planned to come out after they trashed the more modern one. Dunno what they've done to it, but it is the OGXB game.

Basically, unless there's something to say at E3, this is the only Phantom Dust game coming that we know of.

Fantastapotamus

Yeah I really enjoyed the world as well but also I had tempered expectations and wasn't looking for planescape 2. Seemed as though people who did only set themselves up for disappointment like how lots of people essentially expected pillars of eternity to be Baldur's gate 3.

Even if the original PT team got together again and made the most faithful sequel of all time, people wouldn't be happy. The same will happen when System Shock 3 comes out, no matter how good the game actually is.

After Alamo Shack, this is going to be excellent series going forth, I say.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
i feel like nintendo will have the most boring e3 because itll just be footage of stuff theyve already announced

i do look forward to the laughing i'l be doing when they talk about using your phone to communicate to your teammates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom