• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT28| Welcome to the Penis Farm

Status
Not open for further replies.
PfB4a8t.png

I wanna see god of war gameplay, is that bad?

serious games are big right now

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Doesn't Strafe also feature randomly generated levels? I was kinda excited for that game but it seems like it didn't turn out so great.

"Hey, how bout you host a stream for the first time ever, with no one else in the studio with you, playing a game you barely know how to play"

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Doesn't Strafe also feature randomly generated levels? I was kinda excited for that game but it seems like it didn't turn out so great.

Random generated levels remind me of Jeff Green reading Nintendo Downloadables

'We don't have time to make a game for you. What do you want from us, we gave you a notebook!'

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Well, I'm off to Sarajevo for the rest of the week.
Don't do anything exciting while I'm gone.

Random generated levels remind me of Jeff Green reading Nintendo Downloadables

'We don't have time to make a game for you. What do you want from us, we gave you a notebook!'

There was a time when I was like "WOA endless levels?! Wow, that equals endless fun!"
But now I just want some well designed levels. I'm fine if the game is only 6-10 hours long, but give me something memorable.

Curufinwe

I'm actually genuinely surprised. :p

There are quite a few of them, lol. But there was always a better, Japanese developed action game to play instead. Especially in 2005. And after that, the violence seemed to get more gross which made the sequels even less appealing.

God of War, a 2005 video game for the PlayStation 2 and the first in the series
God of War II, a 2007 video game for the PlayStation 2
God of War: Betrayal, a 2007 video game for mobile phones
God of War: Chains of Olympus, a 2008 video game for the PlayStation Portable
God of War Collection, a 2009 reissue of God of War and God of War II, remastered for the PlayStation 3; ported to the PlayStation Vita in 2014
God of War III, a 2010 video game for the PlayStation 3
God of War: Ghost of Sparta, a 2010 video game for the PlayStation Portable
God of War: Origins Collection, a 2011 reissue of Chains of Olympus and Ghost of Sparta, remastered for the PlayStation 3
God of War Saga, a 2012 collection featuring God of War, God of War II, God of War III, Chains of Olympus, and Ghost of Sparta for the PlayStation 3
God of War: Ascension, a 2013 video game for the PlayStation 3
God of War III Remastered, a 2015 reissue of God of War III, remastered for the PlayStation 4

I just read that John Cygan passed away. Man, this makes me sad. Just this morning I read about Powers Boothe passing away too. Legends.

Olga: I know I'm going to hell, but at least my child...
Solidus Snake: I applaud your attitude. If you have a death wish, I'll be happy to accomodate you! See you in hell!

Remember that ten minutes where We Happy Few looked so fucking dope?

This one still hurts. I'll buy it when it's no longer early access which is probably in a year or two. Good thing they're making good progress.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Remember that ten minutes where We Happy Few looked so fucking dope?

I can only remember the time (ie from release until now) where I was no better than half sure at any given moment that We Happy Few isn't the communist PS4 free to play game.

Joeku

We Happy Few has a 60's acid kind of style that was almost completely ruined by its nature as a game. When it's done it may have an amazing beginning and ending, but the roguelike game there does not reflect the mood and style it's trying to sell at all.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
To be fair, the world would be a better place if more people were not cut out for murder.

Or would it be better if everyone is cut out for murder?

I can't tell anymore.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
ben should do a feature where he looks at some sort of physics based car game

also how has blizzard not made a crossover pc exclusive f2p kart racing game yet?
Rock_N%27_Roll_Racing_Cover.jpg

id rather have that than a moba

Should I bother with any of the 3 games? Every time I think about starting Conquest back up I see people saying how disappointing they were.

It's weird... Conquest's maps are undeniably better designed than Awakening's, but I still found Awakening much more compelling as a complete package. Fates has a godawful story, a weaker soundtrack, forgettable characters (I still remember several characters from Awakening, but the only one I remember from Conquest is balloon-chested dragon woman), and the fortress building stuff ended up being super lame.

yami4ct

Should I bother with any of the 3 games? Every time I think about starting Conquest back up I see people saying how disappointing they were.

FE Conquest is perhaps my favorite FE ever in terms of gameplay and map design. Everything in that game is really well thought out and fun. The story is trash for sure, but man it's worth playing because it's the best playing strategy game in years.

Birthright is just a slightly improved version of Awakening. It's fine, but it's nothing special compared to classic FE. Revelation just seems like a mess from both a story and gameplay perspective. They just throw every unit in that game so it's basically impossible to balance. I haven't finished it yet to be fair to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom