• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT28| Welcome to the Penis Farm

Status
Not open for further replies.

derFeef

I think I got to the point in Neir where the world opens fully up?
I can transport now
and man that game is good. I have yet to do a dull thing in this game and the story keeps pulling me through, which is a rare thing for me.

Tubobutts

They kept calling them dogs and I felt like I was losing my mind, they're clearly hyenas even if you don't know about Joker and Harley having pet hyenas (because hyenas laugh!!)

There is even a Who Let the Dogs Out joke made
Ben did say he hasn't been to a zoo for a while.

Anjin M

85xQ6TZ.jpg
My favorite character in the game. For real.

Another great episode. I really need to go back and finish off the side content I missed.
Since nobody asked: I finished Torment: Tides of Numenera and boy, I love this game. The combat isn't great (but there's not much of it) but man, that universe is fucking amazing. I need a sequel and/or some books set in that universe. Easily among my favourite games this year so far.
I'm super curious about this one. The Numenera is fascinating, so I'd love to see what they do with it.

Since nobody asked: I finished Torment: Tides of Numenera and boy, I love this game. The combat isn't great (but there's not much of it) but man, that universe is fucking amazing. I need a sequel and/or some books set in that universe. Easily among my favourite games this year so far.

image.php

For real though, I should probably play it at some point. Never played through any of the games of that type, maybe this one would be a good one to start with. I really liked what I heard about the game and its world on the Crate & Crowbar podcast.

I'm sure there are some books set in the Numenera setting, though maybe you want something specifically in the game's take on it?

Missing Jeff and Vinny on Murder Island. Reckon at least one of them needs to be in there and hosting and the rest of the crew can rotate. Still a super feature; I hope they continue!

Hasney

Reviews of Injustice 2 seem good and my impulsive nature went to go pull the trigger, but it's not out in the UK yet. I'll go back to waiting on a sale.

Meguro

Banned
I really like Fighting Games but I also don't care about any DC character so Injustice 2 is a hard pass.
Not to mention I generally dislike the way NRS games look and play.
Guilty Gear Xrd Revelator 2 in stores soon

Jintor

There's something about the feel of Mortal Kombat style games I just don't like at all.

There's just something about Capcom hit-stop i love

oti

Banned
There's something about the feel of Mortal Kombat style games I just don't like at all.

There's just something about Capcom hit-stop i love

Same. The animations just feel off and I can't figure out the MK fighting engine at all. I played MK and Injustice 1 for their story modes (I believe both were on PS+ or the free Steam weekend at some point) but as far as actually playing them as fighting games I don't like them at all.

Smash is a better fighting game there I said it.

derFeef

I suck at fighting games but I do enjoy them. But yeah, the Dial A Combo style of MK, Injustice and to a degree Tekken does not appeal to me at all.

Jintor

i mean, i can't say i like the look of how Infinite Marvel v Capcom looks much compared to the glory of MvC3, but at least the actual fighting still looks pretty dope.

Also yo give Green Lantern a decent moveset, jesus christ. The other thing about Injustice is how you get these dope heroes and then their moves are so... I dunno. Grounded? Uninspired looking?

Also, personally, you should never be able to see people's eyes through their masks.

Jintor

this is really dumb and would never happen but i would love to see the marvel v capcom team work on a marvel v dc game. imagining the MvC versions of DC chars is fucking dope

except they would never do it because then they'd edge out capcom out of the entire point of making a versus fighting game

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Catching up on Murder Island's revenge, y'all guys are crazy. Ben's fun so far, even if there's a TON of "What the hell is he doing" going on

Jintor

I feel the sound design of the hits in Injustice/Injustice 2 feel too anemic. I like that crunchy pop of landing a hit.

i'm watching some MvC:I gameplay just for comparison purposes and I feel like another difference is the sheer amount of move yelling and spark effects too.

I dunno, i feel like it just fits a comic book fighter a lot better.

def sim

For me, Netherealm's dial a combo system is largely unsatisfying. Most other fighters have links, chains, target combos, magic series, or whatever happen the moment you press the right buttons. You need that to make hits have some impact. Dialing in some buttons and having the combo happen half a second or so later feels like a weird, laggy mess in comparison.

derFeef

For me, Netherealm's dial a combo system is largely unsatisfying. Most other fighters have links, chains, target combos, magic series, or whatever happen the moment you press the right buttons. You need that to make hits have some impact. Dialing in some buttons and having the combo happen half a second or so later feels like a weird, laggy mess in comparison.

Pretty much. It's like typing hyperspeed on a slowass computer and you watch the text appear in front of you written like from a ghost.

kai3345

Banned
man i'd never even heard of the surge til this morning. whoever made the edge of tomorrow meets dark souls comparison is spot on. this game looks rad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom