• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT28| Welcome to the Penis Farm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. F

Banned
I'm gradually playing through Snipperclips with a friend of mine when we can get together every now and then and it's is a really pleasant way to be periodically reminded how dang charming it is. Best new characters.

IMG_4472.GIF.474ffbe21ebf7a91f219c2114fe20df9.GIF

Strax

Sure, if you want to believe the success of Battlegrounds just came out of nowhere.

Of course it didn't come out of nowhere. It built on other games, I'm not saying Battlegrounds was the first to do anything just like WOW wasn't the first MMORPG. Now we just have to wait and see if can continue to grow.

it does. I know some people were down on the idea of this one, but this episode was so good. this is exactly the kind of content I crave.

mintyice

So the questionnaires do have some form of consequence after all?

I bet its 3 short slightly different endings. I really doubt they had the budget to film major differences.

I think it's unclear if the questionnaires affect the endings. You basically get a big info dump at the end describing you as a person, kind of like a horoscope. "You are an outgoing person", "Your sex life is boring", etc.

Apparently you can go back to the book of nudes in the bathroom after each scene and that changes how quickly the sexy scenes fade to black.

Not sure what changes the endings.

I'm glad Jeff got a win in BATTLEGROUND
terrible name
because I bet that's an awesome feeling. I plan on picking it up when I have my weekend in a few days. I've been watching some Twitch streamers play that on a second screen while playing other games and it seems like (if you're able to survive for more than 5 minutes) an interesting story/narrative evolves almost every round.

Sort of what the Brad was talking about with Zelda talking about how each combat scenario would turn into a story. I know Jeff wasn't experiencing that in Zelda, but maybe he is in BATTLEGROUNDS.

daveo42

Banned
Realized I never finished last week's BitE and probably won't get around to finishing that nor TLC till later on in the week. Might watch that Battleground stuff from UPF today. Sucks when work is far to busy to really watch videos.

Sakwoff

This Soul Calibur series is great.

I thought I didn't like watching them play fighting games, but this format works and totally holds my interest. With this setup, there is a narrative to it, wheras in Ranking of Fighters it's mostly just no-stakes casual play between Jeff and Jason until they decide it's time to stop.

I kinda like RoK anyways, but mostly just to see some weird ass old games, not really for them actually playing.

oti

Banned
I really liked the Ducktales Remaster. Wish they'd do more, like Aladdin
SNES VERSION BEST VERSION
. But I guess they went with the cheaper option. This collection is nice too, but not for me.

Suplexer

TitR Soul Calibur is good because Dan isn't being insufferable when he wins like when he plays against Jason.

I haven't watched TiTR yet, but it's because he's playing a character when he plays against Jason. I don't know if what you said was meant to carry a harsh tone, but I really don't think Dan gives a heck when he wins or loses to Jason. Jason is the one who seems to actually care, which is why Dan hams it up.

There was an undercurrent of facing their declining relevancy as things like Youtube's algorithms catapult, at times, either any old thing or a particularly and weirdly specific things to the top and they (read: old games media) are often markedly unaware of who and what are actually popular.

Edit: and as far as that actually relates to GB, there's no way an extended conversation about that would go on on the Bombcast today. It would be a "yeah, streaming/youtube is the future" and then they'd continue on to the next topic in their (well, also my) bubble.

GB is true to their stumbled-into goal of "covering what we're interested in that resonates" strategy. Sometimes it's Brad falling into The Dota Hole when Mmmmmmmmmobas caught fire or Jeff getting his Battle Royale on now, but other times major major major new franchises or genres completely escapes them.

Tempering this, everyone should keep in mind this is 5-10 Duders vs. the entirety of YT and Twitch.

Did any of the guys actually finish the new Pokemon games? They talked about it briefly and if I'm not mistaken they liked it. But that's all.

Jeff still reps the Popplio shirt.

the debut of Voldo was incredible

Voldo is love. Voldo is life. Voldo is. Voldo.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I must have seen every episode of pretty much all of these shows at least 3 times and I never ever really cared for any of them. I just watched them cause I could.

Xater

I must have seen every episode of pretty much all of these shows at least 3 times and I never ever really cared for any of them. I just watched them cause I could.

I loved all of these shows. Dark Wing Duck was my favorite though.

Does Dan understand the concept of tones?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom