• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT28| Welcome to the Penis Farm

Status
Not open for further replies.
They need to buddy back up after Soulcalibur TITR tho. It's more fun when they work as a team like in Contra.

The rivalry is enjoyable in this setting though.

they're not looking at a guide for side missions so they just kinda run around the town a little bit and after one or two side activities, be it training, eating or an actual substory they decide to do the next story mission.

That's more or less how I did it but they seem to be making faster progress than me. I'm finally past where they are so I'm catching up with the episodes now.

I hope they take an opportunity to do either the Space Harrier or Outrun quests.

giphy.gif

Yo, Full Throttle Remaster releases tomorrow(tonight). Haven't played that game in forever, looking forward to replaying it.

danm999

Doom has had better games than Blood Money. The MP beta of Doom was pretty representative of how mediocre the final product MP was.

Hitman had just come off of Absolution. A couple months before release it changed to an episodic, heavy online model and had to refund preorders.

Seriously it should have been a fiasco.

tesqui

Didn't Hitman have some horrible "Always Online" system implemented? Like you could get disconnected and lose your save if your internet went down mid-playing. I don't remember them talking about that at all during GOTY.

kiguel182

Man, Yakuza Zero is amazing. I'm only on Chapter 2 and loving it.

But I haven't seen the substories that the Beast crew did on the few episodes that I've seen. Seems that coming across these quests might be trickier than I thought.

I just did one that I found pretty great so I hope that I do stumble across a good amount of them altought I think I'll be paranoid that I'm missing stuff!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Didn't Hitman have some horrible "Always Online" system implemented? Like you could get disconnected and lose your save if your internet went down mid-playing. I don't remember them talking about that at all during GOTY.

Sure did!

Multiple times I wanted to play the game and I couldn't because 'maintenance'

Man, Yakuza Zero is amazing. I'm only on Chapter 2 and loving it.

But I haven't seen the substories that the Beast crew did on the few episodes that I've seen. Seems that coming across these quests might be trickier than I thought.

I just did one that I found pretty great so I hope that I do stumble across a good amount of them altought I think I'll be paranoid that I'm missing stuff!

Chapter 2? Oh man, that's fucking nothing. You're in for a fuckin' ride.

justjim89

Dan was totally that kid that no one wanted to play games with back in the day. The one that would only play games he was good at and no one else knew about, and would get super shitty when he lost. Every time Vinny was doing better than him in today's TITR, he was like flipping out. It was funny to watch, but geeze.

Imagine when Vinny beats him.

Hjod

Banned

Hahaha, #dead.

Dan was totally that kid that no one wanted to play games with back in the day. The one that would only play games he was good at and no one else knew about, and would get super shitty when he lost. Every time Vinny was doing better than him in today's TITR, he was like flipping out. It was funny to watch, but geeze.

Imagine when Vinny beats him.

Dan was the kid who picked Oddjob in Golden Eye.

Listening to Dan (attempt) to sing the Disney show themes make me curious: If Dan's "The Dumbest Kid in Gifted Class" is ever picked up to be a sitcom (let's say as a "fine CBS property"), what would it's theme song lyrics be?

(But seriously, the way things are going for Dan, I can genuinely see all that happening)

But how do I deal with missing side stories?! HOW?!

Can't wait even if I'm afraid I might rush it and miss cool stuff.

I was once like you but you will reach a point in the game where you'll just end up plowing through the main story because when it picks up, it fucking picks up. I think I stopped doing side stuff at chapter 8 or 9.

Here's the source by the way.

This Is the Run
Gaming's greatest challenges, met head-on by gaming's greatest game players.

Perfect.

Hey, who's Zodiac Motherfucker? I still don't actually know after all this time.
All I know is he's a Detroit Lions fan and he likes to TYPE IN ALL CAPS. He's always featured in Deadspin's Why Your Team Sucks articles. At least that's what I know him from besides his GB Top 10.

I forgot that Voodoo Vince Remastered is also releasing tomorrow.
Man, I love the Voodoo Vince soundtrack.

Wunder

But how do I deal with missing side stories?! HOW?!

Can't wait even if I'm afraid I might rush it and miss cool stuff.

You can't ever miss a substory iirc, there are some that are chains of others but for the most part they just keep piling up. A majority of them can be accessed by running around in the world and later on in one substory you even get a Trouble Finder or something which shows you substories available to you

kiguel182

You can't ever miss a substory iirc, there are some that are chains of others but for the most part they just keep piling up. A majority of them can be accessed by running around in the world and later on in one substory you even get a Trouble Finder or something which shows you substories available to you

Uhuh, really? I figured they had a time window and you are toast if you miss it. That's great!

I'm just after I stopped watching Beast so it's all new to me from now on!

kiguel182

Vinny should pad the Run videos so they have all the same time and you don't know how long it is. The time can give it away unless they trade victories here.

Or just do them live! This will always be an issue in the series so hopefully they figure something out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom