• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT28| Welcome to the Penis Farm

Status
Not open for further replies.

TraBuch

Banned
I can see why some people are sour on Fate of the Furious but I really enjoyed it, now this is spoiler territory but is the main problem for most people that

Jason Statham's Deckard Shaw goes from murdering Han to team player and provides some comic relief as he saves Dom's son from Cipher's cyber plane? I didn't think about it at the time but it kinda fucked up how they forget he murdered Han and let him save the day and join the rooftop cookout at the end.
Not to mention
sending a bomb to Dom's house and almost killing him, his sister, his brother, and his nephew.

Jintor

P5's music is really chill for the most part and I eventually Stockholm like grew to love the boss themes, but I don't think it's as good as p4's music let alone nier

its almost like han sucks
tumblr_n22vy29H921saxoooo1_400.gif

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I spent a LOT of today considering putting my Persona 5 run on hold (22 hours in) and going out to get/start Nier Automata after seeing that DLC video.

The rest of the game isn't like that, trust me. :p

Though without getting into specifics starting now would actually be the best time to access the DLC rather than quite a number of people who finished the game.

P5's music is really chill for the most part and I eventually Stockholm like grew to love the boss themes, but I don't think it's as good as p4's music let alone nier

P5s music has been like 3s and 4s for me. Lots of "album tracks" that i "get" after lots of listening, becoming the soundtrack of MY playing of the game rather than the game itself.

That said, well have a dozen standout compositions by credits; Last Surprise isnt quite The Almighty and Price aint quite Secret Base, but im not done yet...

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Where can I buy the P5 OST?

While nier's is fantastic I don't want to be bummed out constantly.

I need a bit of jazz and disco to lighten things up.

The rest of the game isn't like that, trust me. :p

Though without getting into specifics starting now would actually be the best time to access the DLC rather than quite a number of people who finished the game.

I'm also a fan of "androids and existentialism" stories and I keep wondering more and more what crazy stuff they do with that.

Nerokis

Nier for sure.

You can upgrade to Platinum combat before having nice, long, slow-burn turn based game to round it off.

As someone who beat BotW last Thursday, and has been stressing a bit about finding the time to dig into Persona 5...

...you make a very, very good point. In fact, I feel like a fool now. Of course Nier should be the next game I play.

Now I'm excited. Thank you.

watching todays Beast in the East, and goddamn Yakuza is still an endearing game. It's so goddamn affable, I love it. Something innocent about it. It's like an old school RPG game without the turn based combat, in solving side quests along the path of the main quest.

Goddamn. This game should be top 10.

danm999

The last game iD made before Doom was fucking Rage. Doom 4 underwent multiple iterations including Call of Doom. The glory kills appeared to be a dumb mechanic shoved in to give what the team thought fans wanted- more blood and guts and gore. Oh, and Doom started Bethesda's policy of no pre-release copies for reviewers.

Hitman had been reasonably well received at trade shows and while there was some concern about the pricing model there were those who saw the potential of doing an episodic Hitman game.

Both were nice surprises but the fact that we got a great Doom game in 2016 is still mind boggling to me.

Good point about the no pre-release reviewer copies.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
And then I threw on the PlayStation home premium video...

This Xbox app needs work, but for what it is right now it makes watching content way too easy and easy to select what I want to see in full HD quality.

I hope once the new hire is in the office we still get lots of Rorie, I've enjoyed him being on lots more content since Drew left.

He should be on the Bombcast permanently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom