• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT28| Welcome to the Penis Farm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zornack

it's not always there

qUhrxA1.png

You're using the youtube player rather than the site player.

You're using the youtube player rather than the site player.

Yes I am. doesn't really fix the problem

are you implying there is a choice in the matter

should I have been more concise myself?

"allow us to use the site player instead of the youtube player or some other method to allow fill browser or riot"

Jintor

now that i've finished P5 I'm still tempted to do those GB all out attack portraits or maybe just the phantom thief style portraits. I dunno, I'll think about it a bit.

I have some legal shit to do by friday I should really take care of first...

Finally back home. Fuck, teared up at the Zelda: Symphony of the Goddesses, that was goddamn magical. This time around I brought my camcorder and bought a tripod. Recorded the entire concert and I'm quite pleased with the results seeing as how this is the first time I've recorded something this long. Only thing I'd probably change for another event is two things, not being afraid to zoom in and out or move the camera from left to right on occasion(I had to put the tripod and the camera at a certain angle and a height lower than me just so I won't be a total asshole to anyone behind me) and buy a Sennheiser microphone(audio quality is decent but I want it to be great). Going to put the clips together and upload the entire thing on Youtube if you guys want to check it out.

Dropping in some of that hot #content for anyone that's interested. It took way longer than I expected it to take to merge the two clips together and then upload the entire thing. Had to leave my laptop open overnight.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
Saw some people talking about gb's site design. I made a site last year to teach myself some stuff and fix problems I had seeking out content on the official site. It's far from perfect and there's a lot of stuff I've wanted to improve, but it's still up for now at gbomb.club if anyone wants to try it.

Technical stuff: I built it mostly using php/knockout, and I've almost completely moved on to node/react now. My own coding has improved a lot since that project, and it's a complete pain to go back to it when I need to update/fix anything, so I'll probably be porting it in the near future. For example, a minor thing like appending slugs to episode urls would just take too much time to go back and implement now, whereas if I built it the way I do things now, it would be much more straightforward and manageable.

As for gb's official site: I don't know if they've talked about redesigning it, but it seems like such a massive undertaking because there are so many parts to it. IIRC, the current site is the redesign they did when they had to start from scratch after the sale of their development stuff to bermanbraun. I think they had a deadline (a year?) to complete it by, which probably didn't leave much room for a lot more than a port of the old site with a visual redesign and some enhancements.

Saw some people talking about gb's site design. I made a site last year to teach myself some stuff and fix problems I had seeking out content on the official site. It's far from perfect and there's a lot of stuff I've wanted to improve, but it's still up for now at gbomb.club if anyone wants to try it.

Technical stuff: I built it mostly using php/knockout, and I've almost completely moved on to node/react now. My own coding has improved a lot since that project, and it's a complete pain to go back to it when I need to update/fix anything, so I'll probably be porting it in the near future. For example, a minor thing like appending slugs to episode urls would just take too much time to go back and implement now, whereas if I built it the way I do things now, it would be much more straightforward and manageable.

As for gb's official site: I don't know if they've talked about redesigning it, but it seems like such a massive undertaking because there are so many parts to it. IIRC, the current site is the redesign they did when they had to start from scratch after the sale of their development stuff to bermanbraun. I think they had a deadline (a year?) to complete it by, which probably didn't leave much room for a lot more than a port of the old site with a visual redesign and some enhancements.

That's a pretty cool site! Does the game list (for example in the Disney collection QL) come from the API or do you add it manually?

I'd prefer the GB video player to just load automatically when I click on a video since it doesn't autoplay anyway. Now I need to click on a video, click GB and then click play on the embedded video.

derFeef

I use VLC to view gb videos now. Just copy the download url into the streaming option and hit go - you can olso set it to always on top, which is nice.

Mario Party Party debuted almost 3 years ago? Damn...

This is damn cool.

Hey that job interview I fell on my ass after I left the building. I totally got the offer!

Even though I have Horizon to finish, Persona 5 to start, FF15 to go back to, Bayonetta on PC to try..... should I buy a switch and zelda to celebrate?

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Hey that job interview I fell on my ass after I left the building. I totally got the offer!

Even though I have Horizon to finish, Persona 5 to start, FF15 to go back to, Bayonetta on PC to try..... should I buy a switch and zelda to celebrate?

I mean you got to get used to your job depleting your time being able to play all these games while you continue to buy them.

So why not.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
That's a pretty cool site! Does the game list (for example in the Disney collection QL) come from the API or do you add it manually?

I'd prefer the GB video player to just load automatically when I click on a video since it doesn't autoplay anyway. Now I need to click on a video, click GB and then click play on the embedded video.

Thanks. Games/staff/guests are all added/attached manually via an editor interface I can pull up for whatever episode I've selected. Unless they've changed the api since I setup my site to pull from it, they unfortunately don't have that sort of data associated with their content.

I could have sworn the gb embed used to autostart like the youtube embed, but you're right it now requires an unnecessary extra click. Having it start immediately upon opening an episode would be nice to have as a setting (like: check a box to remember I always want to play the gb embed straight away), but that would require some work to update. It's a little complicated because in a lot of cases there are two ways to play a video: gb embed or youtube embed, and in the case of video bombcasts, there's 3: the gb embed, the youtube embed, and the premium gb embed. It wouldn't be impossible to set it up to work in an order of preference or something, but like I said it would be a pain to go back an implement that now. If I do end up porting the site that's definitely something I'd try and do.

Meneses

Congrats!

Are you starting on today's bombcast?

And sure, why not buy another thing you won't have time to play? Worked for me!

Wait...

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything

Congratz!
Treat yourself and go for it.

oti

Banned

Buy it. You deserve it.

Dang this is fantastic! You (and qlcrew) basically made GB into a Netflix style site faster than GB did. AWESOME!

How much experience did you have before you made that?

Scizzy

Finally listened to last week's Beastcast. I was cringing waiting for Dan's crime against P5 and it was . . . totally not that bad. Fun podcast overall, until the excruciating last ten minutes of listening to people who don't follow sports talk about sports.

oti

Banned
Finally listened to last week's Beastcast. I was cringing waiting for Dan's crime against P5 and it was . . . totally not that bad. Fun podcast overall, until the excruciating last ten minutes of listening to people who don't follow sports talk about sports.

Yeah. Dan's arguments make total Dan sense. Expected much worse after reading some posts here.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Also it's not like he's instigating it to do a Dan troll, he probably wouldn't have talked about it if Vinny didn't ask.

Yeah. Dan's arguments make total Dan sense. Expected much worse after reading some posts here.

Yeah, you shouldn't have to justify why you aren't interested in something. For example I love A.I. stories and Platinum made games but in reality the only award Neir: Automata wins is 2017 biggest disappointment in my book.

Jintor

Yeah, you shouldn't have to justify why you aren't interested in something. For example I love A.I. stories and Platinum made games but in reality the only award Neir: Automata wins is 2017 biggest disappointment in my book.

wtf

/edit i know even questinoning this goes against the exact first sentence of your post lol

Jintor

i mean it wasn't that dan's justification was unsatisfactory... it was that he was just expressing it in a kinda strange way since it seemingly caught MGS, his favourite series of all time, in its ambit

Trying to debate narrative tastes with a man who thinks that Metal Gear Solid is literally the greatest story mankind has ever told seems like a bit of a fool's errand to me, if I'm honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom