• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT28| Welcome to the Penis Farm

Status
Not open for further replies.
It doesn't hang with Persona, Nier, or Yakuza, but I really liked what they did with the soundtrack in BotW. Very understated but it fit the game really well. And the piano theme that slowly kicks up when you're riding around Hyrule is amazing
It is weird how it both has amazing music but also feels like it has a lack of it.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
The live one is superior. Stronger vocals with no weird filters.

I feel like they ruined it by not mirroring the live version. (Granted, I haven't played the game... but the live version just sounds sooo much better to me.)

If anything I'm always amazed how close the live version is to the studio version haha.

It's like the vocal diversity of mike patton's most experimental phases.

Hindl

It is weird how it both has amazing music but also feels like it has a lack of it.

Well part of it is that the vast majority of your time not spent fighting is mostly silent. The ambient sounds really add to that whole post-apocalyptic, nature taking over feeling of the world. Plus a special shoutout to the snow theme. That was really great

It doesn't hang with Persona, Nier, or Yakuza, but I really liked what they did with the soundtrack in BotW. Very understated but it fit the game really well. And the piano theme that slowly kicks up when you're riding around Hyrule is amazing

Definitely.

I don't think it's nearly as catchy as some of the other stuff this year, but BotW's soundtrack is a perfect fit for the kind of game it is Like, it enhances the gameplay (just like everything else in BotW!). Only thing is, I dunno that the soundtrack will be remembered fondly due to how subdued it is.

Hjod

Banned
I'm on a 4 hour train ride so naturally I'm watching all the Game Room QLs.
What a journey that was.

Really? Hmm, I need to see them then I guess. I'm charging my PS4 controller so I can play Yakuza all night. So I might as well watch them.

And Dans description of Bladerunner is the worst haha.

daveo42

Banned
Watching this Disney Afternoon Collection QL and listening to Dan:
v8ccqht.jpg

Saw some people talking about gb's site design. I made a site last year to teach myself some stuff and fix problems I had seeking out content on the official site. It's far from perfect and there's a lot of stuff I've wanted to improve, but it's still up for now at gbomb.club if anyone wants to try it.

Technical stuff: I built it mostly using php/knockout, and I've almost completely moved on to node/react now. My own coding has improved a lot since that project, and it's a complete pain to go back to it when I need to update/fix anything, so I'll probably be porting it in the near future. For example, a minor thing like appending slugs to episode urls would just take too much time to go back and implement now, whereas if I built it the way I do things now, it would be much more straightforward and manageable.

As for gb's official site: I don't know if they've talked about redesigning it, but it seems like such a massive undertaking because there are so many parts to it. IIRC, the current site is the redesign they did when they had to start from scratch after the sale of their development stuff to bermanbraun. I think they had a deadline (a year?) to complete it by, which probably didn't leave much room for a lot more than a port of the old site with a visual redesign and some enhancements.

I like your ROLL THE DICE feature.

My most anticipated thing about Destiny 2 is that we might have an GBeast/GBWest playdate of the first raid of the game that will take 8 hours.

Mupod

One thing is for sure... Both P5 and Neir have fantastic soundtracks.

Yakuza 0 is no slouch either and its soundtrack is miles deep. Oddly enough I've heard nothing but complaints about Kiwami's OST, but I've not even seen or heard one second of that game for myself.

Polygon causing shitty drama again reminded of that time they did the exact same with when Dr Tracksuit was in that WWE 2K trailer and Jeff wasnt too trilled about it when they ran a story.

Hindl

What's wrong with the Polygon article? The tweets from the devs mocking Jason's article is what's shitty to me.

The developers were being shitty, but it's not like it was widespread criticism among the development community, or even that any of the developers were critical were on the Horizon team. It's just a couple of no name dudes being smug and snarky and Polygon made it seem like it was this feud between developers and Kotaku. If they didn't write the article no one would've even noticed

Yakuza 0 is no slouch either and its soundtrack is miles deep. Oddly enough I've heard nothing but complaints about Kiwami's OST, but I've not even seen or heard one second of that game for myself.
Yakuza 6 is even more of a bummer after 0. So much is dialed back from the music to the fighting system and even the amount of content in the game. Sure looks prettier though and full VO is nice.

mintyice

Saw some people talking about gb's site design. I made a site last year to teach myself some stuff and fix problems I had seeking out content on the official site. It's far from perfect and there's a lot of stuff I've wanted to improve, but it's still up for now at gbomb.club if anyone wants to try it.

Technical stuff: I built it mostly using php/knockout, and I've almost completely moved on to node/react now. My own coding has improved a lot since that project, and it's a complete pain to go back to it when I need to update/fix anything, so I'll probably be porting it in the near future. For example, a minor thing like appending slugs to episode urls would just take too much time to go back and implement now, whereas if I built it the way I do things now, it would be much more straightforward and manageable.

As for gb's official site: I don't know if they've talked about redesigning it, but it seems like such a massive undertaking because there are so many parts to it. IIRC, the current site is the redesign they did when they had to start from scratch after the sale of their development stuff to bermanbraun. I think they had a deadline (a year?) to complete it by, which probably didn't leave much room for a lot more than a port of the old site with a visual redesign and some enhancements.

This is seriously impressive. Nice work!

The developers were being shitty, but it's not like it was widespread criticism among the development community, or even that any of the developers were critical were on the Horizon team. It's just a couple of no name dudes being smug and snarky and Polygon made it seem like it was this feud between developers and Kotaku. If they didn't write the article no one would've even noticed

yeah, that's true. I see it now.

What's wrong with the Polygon article? The tweets from the devs mocking Jason's article is what's shitty to me.

Just some random indie devs being dicks. If it was someone big or someone from the Horizon dev team I could see a story but its literally just some assholes online being assholes.

Its just a random expert being a dick because laypeople didnt know some random thing he knew.

Considering how Polygon has built a website around being a snooty asshole that talks down to people I find the entire drama kinda hilarious though.

Zocano

I've been rewatching Project BEAST and man I miss when Vinny just gets to do some silly editing with the recaps and sneak peeks. So good.

I also miss Austin

BearPawB

Banned
Oh wow I just saw the patch notes for BATTLEGROUND. If they plan on doing stuff like this monthly then maybe I'll actually buy an early access game for the first time. REALLY want to see Jeff and gang play more of this game.

http://steamcommunity.com/games/578080/announcements/detail/646673219748632258

Edit:

That's pretty cool!

Yeah,

It is the reason this is the one of these games I actually bought.

They seem to have a really strong plan/content pipeline.

Dammit, sorry for the double post

Zaph

Just some random indie devs being dicks. If it was someone big or someone from the Horizon dev team I could see a story but its literally just some assholes online being assholes.

Its just a random expert being a dick because laypeople didnt know some random thing he knew.

Considering how Polygon has built a website around being a snooty asshole that talks down to people I find the entire drama kinda hilarious though.

remember, it's the same website that made an article out of this http://www.polygon.com/2015/10/14/9535007/wwe-2k16-jeff-gerstmann-dr-tracksuit-trailer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom