• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT28| Welcome to the Penis Farm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hindl

Is "Splatoon Girl" supposed to be a shot at a characters personality because that doesn't make sense.

I think it's just cuz she looks a lot like one of the Persona characters (haven't met her yet, I only know what she looks like cuz of the trailers)

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Breath of the Who?.
C9tqpVWXcAAMDGG.jpg:large

This bombcast is off to a ROUGH START

why is will there again?

I have been off the GB bandwagon for a few weeks due to being busy. Is there any news on new hires or anything in the near future? San Francisco crew seems like they're having a bit of a rough time without Dan.

Yakuza 6 is even more of a bummer after 0. So much is dialed back from the music to the fighting system and even the amount of content in the game. Sure looks prettier though and full VO is nice.

I've only played the demo of 6 but I imagine they dialed things back to make it more open. Yakuza 3 also felt like it suffered in part in the jump from PS2 to PS3. Haven't followed the reception for 6 to see if it's as weak as 3, though.

I've only played the demo of 6 but I imagine they dialed things back to make it more open. Yakuza 3 also felt like it suffered in part in the jump from PS2 to PS3. Haven't followed the reception for 6 to see if it's as weak as 3, though.

If anything, I'm willing to bet they had to pare stuff back because they redid the entire engine and all the assets, and didn't have the dev budget to include all the side stuff.

6 is definitely stronger than 3 though. and a lot stronger than Kiwami.

I'm looking forward to whatever they do after 6 with the new engine (and shifting away from Kiryu). the new engine, apart from lousy performance, is pretty great.

If anything, I'm willing to bet they had to pare stuff back because they redid the entire engine and all the assets, and didn't have the dev budget to include all the side stuff.

6 is definitely stronger than 3 though. and a lot stronger than Kiwami.

I'm looking forward to whatever they do after 6 with the new engine (and shifting away from Kiryu). the new engine, apart from lousy performance, is pretty great.

Apparently performance is better on the PS4 Pro, and runs at 1080p. Demo wasn't great on my base PS4.

I'm looking forward to Kiwami if only because it's been so long since playing the first. But I wouldn't be against a 2 remake in the new engine. 2, 4, and 0 have been my favorites.

daveo42

Banned
I loved the books. Movies were good.

You're an Anime avatar. Your heart is filled with darkness and pain.

#HP4EVAH

The second movie was my first experience with the series and I questioned the reasons why anyone would like the series at the time. I get why people like the series now and know a ton of people who grew up with the books (like my younger brother), but I'm fine with only having minor knowledge of the series.

oti

Banned
The second movie was my first experience with the series and I questioned the reasons why anyone would like the series at the time. I get why people like the series now and know a ton of people who grew up with the books (like my younger brother), but I'm fine with only having minor knowledge of the series.

The movies are just OK. The books are great.

Also Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix is a bad movie but a decent video game. Open world Hogwarts!

kiguel182

Man, looking at the mission list in MGSV makes me want to play the game even less. Do I really have to replay all this shit? Ugh.

At this point I'm tempted at just watching MGS Scanlon or something like that. I've put like 36 hours into this. I got my money's worth...

LiK

Man, looking at the mission list in MGSV makes me want to play the game even less. Do I really have to replay all this shit? Ugh.

At this point I'm tempted at just watching MGS Scanlon or something like that. I've put like 36 hours into this. I got my money's worth...

You don't need to play any of the Extreme missions. I skipped all that shit.

Looks like the last Bombcast thread was in September: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1285304

Guess there just wasn't as much interest as there used to be.

That's kinda sad... I hope their listener numbers are doing okay though. I still listen every week, but can't say I've been super excited when a new one came out... But I guess I haven't felt that way for several years now. Maybe new hires will help though!

That is how I experienced all of chapter 2.

oti

Banned
The audio books any good? That format works way better for my commute and time at work.

I only know the German version by Rufus Beck and the English version read by Stephen Fry. Both are great. That, Gametrailers reviews and the 1up Podcast was how I learned English back then lol.

Thanks!! Pretty excited to watch/listen to this :)

Enjoy!
I think the reverence he has for MGS' story is crazy, but then again I thought the crazy illuminati bullshit in Assassins Creed 2 was amazing so what do I know.

It was fucking cool.

Yup, I dropped off the series all together after finishing 3. It's a shame because 1 and 2 story wise are very intriguing and interesting.

idhqjasw.gif

oti

Banned

I TOLD YOU SO

Listen to oti. oti is always right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom