• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT29| Uhhhhh I have a child

Status
Not open for further replies.

daveo42

Banned
Based on some of the comments in here, it sounds like Persona 5 murdered someone in your family.

Not really. Just Dance and Skylanders ultra bombed. I think what's happening is 20/30-somethings are buying it for Zelda/Mario Kart, going "oh, I remember Bomberman and Street Fighter, too," and buying them because the system comes with two controllers.

I wasn't aware those bombed. Makes sense those two specific franchises would tank early on the console's life cycle when it was geared more towards the core and Zelda crowds. To your point, I'd add in the fact that Bomberman was one of small number of launch titles to help it sell more than I think it deserved.

Fireblend

Banned
Huh, the live player is totally not working for me. Wanted to catch the last part of the podcast and it's buffering without stopping.

Edit: Seems like a Chrome issue, working fine on Safari

Xeteh

I remember how much they loved the game. It was such a surprise to hear them gushing about it. I forget if they ever played the DLC which had the true ending and a badass final boss.

Yeah, they did. Them gushing about that game made me want to play it and I never got around to it. I should really try to.

Mr. F

Banned
So...is there any way to really fix the emails section? It feels like every topic has been mined dozens of times, I swear I can think of a handful of different podcasts where the exact same questions have been answered.

Tubobutts

So...is there any way to really fix the emails section? It feels like every topic has been mined dozens of times, I swear I can think of a handful of different podcasts where the exact same questions have been answered.
Anonymous tumblr questions only.

Hindl

Jeff controls emails

patapuf

with a podcast that's as long running as this, some of the audience is going to be new and ask some question that have already been asked.

I don't think you can prevent that without removing audience input which is probably not something they want to do.

Mr. F

Banned
Jeff controls emails

This would be good. Along with rotating host in general.

with a podcast that's as long running as this, some of the audience is going to be new and ask some question that have already been asked.

I don't think you can prevent that without removing audience input which is probably not something they want to do.

I get that but there's some topics that pop up multiple eps within a few months of each other - the 'value of review scores' thing made me think to write that post in the first place.

Going back and listening to old podcasts shows just how tired the new ones are.

The email section was much better treated like 'we need to quickly do emails before the end'.

Joeku

This music reminds me, did anyone end up playing Sexy Brutale after the quick look? Was it any good?

Sexy Brutale is pretty neat. I played it in one sitting. It took me like six hours.

And I'm bordering on campaigning for an Asura's Wrath PC port at this point. The game has some performance problems and the ending DLC needs to be packaged in with the game.

Fuck, Asura's Wrath is so good.

Zaph

Bombcast "it'll be a light week for content, tearing down studio on thursday. ghetto upf"

in before 'business as usual jokes'

Hindl

Bombcast "it'll be a light week for content, tearing down studio on thursday. ghetto upf"

in before 'business as usual jokes'

Good. Without the ability to bitch about content droughts things have been getting weird here. Now we can return to our regularly scheduled programming

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom