• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT29| Uhhhhh I have a child

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strax

So...is there any way to really fix the emails section? It feels like every topic has been mined dozens of times, I swear I can think of a handful of different podcasts where the exact same questions have been answered.

with a podcast that's as long running as this, some of the audience is going to be new and ask some question that have already been asked.

I don't think you can prevent that without removing audience input which is probably not something they want to do.

You know what's a bummer?
Hearing them answering the same Qs time and time again or Brad saying the sent in e-mails weren't good after having sent in an e-mail.
Really disheartening.

daveo42

Banned
I think the East vs West comes from Vinny, Alex, Dan being more willing or larger drivers of pushing new stuff regardless of whether or not it catches on. They know the audience well enough to start new projects and make them successful enough to see them to completion (TLC), take breaks when needed (TitR), or put stuff on hold when it gets stale (Blue Bombin').

West feels like it needs that kind of kick in the pants before they cycle through the same weekly content every week. It's still quality stuff, but it's also far too much of the same week after week. Not to say it's all stagnant either, as the Saturn stream and PUBG has been good recent stuff.

They barely even have a studio to pack up!

What does Abby do all day?

Tagyhag

I think the East vs West comes from Vinny, Alex, Dan being more willing or larger drivers of pushing new stuff regardless of whether or not it catches on. They know the audience well enough to start new projects and make them successful enough to see them to completion (TLC), take breaks when needed (TitR), or put stuff on hold when it gets stale (Blue Bombin').

West feels like it needs that kind of kick in the pants before they cycle through the same weekly content every week. It's still quality stuff, but it's also far too much of the same week after week. Not to say it's all stagnant either, as the Saturn stream and PUBG has been good recent stuff.

That's why I'm hoping Ben steps up eventually.

I like Ben and I think he meshes well with the rest of GB West but when Dan came he also brought some new ideas to try out.

That said, those ideas took a few months to come out and Ben got caught in the close-to-E3 schedule so it's not surprising that we haven't seen anything fresh from him yet.

Though I'm hoping with the slower Summer season for games, he can come up with a new video series or two.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
GB Gaf Top Topics 2017:

1. East is so super cool and everything they do is super duper amazing and West is a wet tissue
2. Are we too mean?
3. Persona 5
4. Ben's Mustache
5. Ben's Voice
6. Ben sucks
7. Jason sucks
8. Rorie sucks
9. No seriously, are we too mean?
10. Dan said something weird

Like the quality of 2017 WWE Raw

WQGkefa.png

Has Brad finished Zelda? The last thing I remember him saying about the game is how it was possibly one of the greatest games he had ever played. This was back when the game came out in March. I don't remember him talking about the game after that.

Hasney

I was hoping for a Star Trek Bridge Crew UPF with everyone in full cosplay.

Only for the aesthetic.

EZA are doing Bridge Crew tonight, but they're too small time. They've only got 2 VR headsets, pfffft.

Has Brad finished Zelda? The last thing I remember him saying about the game is how it was possibly one of the greatest games he had ever played.

Good point. He just kinda stopped talking about it. I agree about it being one of the best games I've ever played though.

TraBuch

Banned
Got home today. Feeling better than I did. Not perfect, but hey, I don't really feel like putting a gun to my head so yeah, small steps. Thanks to all of you that sent me a private message, it really means a lot. You know who you are.

So yeah, what'd I miss?

GB Gaf Top Topics 2017:

1. East is so super cool and everything they do is super duper amazing and West is a wet tissue
2. Are we too mean?
3. Persona 5
4. Ben's Mustache
5. Ben's Voice
6. Ben sucks
7. Jason sucks
8. Rorie sucks
9. No seriously, are we too mean?
10. Dan said something weird

11. Random tweet from someone who is vaguely associated with Giant Bomb.
12. WHERE IS BEAST IN THE EAST?!?!??!1?!1
13. Is the video player complete garbage for anyone else?
14. Yes the video player is complete garbage.
15. bendoessomething.gif

Hindl

Has Brad finished Zelda? The last thing I remember him saying about the game is how it was possibly one of the greatest games he had ever played. This was back when the game came out in March. I don't remember him talking about the game after that.

No iirc he's maybe beaten 2 dungeons and then got busy with other stuff. I have a feeling if he doesn't wrap it up in the post-E3 lull he'll never get back to it

Danger Zone is fun but one note.

Different scenarios, same location, coin pickups make it turn into a weighty physics game.

Worth $13? For what I've played, yes.

If you loved Burnouts Crash Mode, you should pick this up.

Hasney

Danger Zone is fun but one note.

Different scenarios, same location, coin pickups make it turn into a weighty physics game.

Worth $13? For what I've played, yes.

If you loved Burnouts Crash Mode, you should pick this up.

EA flogged Burnout Crash for either the same or slightly more. Saying that should make it easier to digest.

Got home today. Feeling better than I did. Not perfect, but hey, I don't really feel like putting a gun to my head so yeah, small steps. Thanks to all of you that sent me a private message, it really means a lot. You know who you are.

So yeah, what'd I miss?

There's an upsetting Ben gif that keeps getting posted. Glad you're back.

erawsd

I like Ben and I think he meshes well with the rest of GB West but when Dan came he also brought some new ideas to try out.

That said, those ideas took a few months to come out and Ben got caught in the close-to-E3 schedule so it's not surprising that we haven't seen anything fresh from him yet.

Though I'm hoping with the slower Summer season for games, he can come up with a new video series or two.

Yeah but Ben is also coming in as a "junior editor" so I don't know that its fair to compare him with Dan.

Wunder

I think Dan succeeded largely because he had a willing producer in Drew to make those ideas come to life and he has said he had a ton of ideas while at GI that never got approved. Not saying Dan didn't put in work, just that there are more factors than just "have cool idea for series"

Hasney

a junior editor that has been in pretty much every single piece of content since he got hired

That's how you train them up!

To be fair though, considering he interned at GBomb and worked at Destructoid, he's probably more qualified than they expected for a junior position.

Destructoid must pay like shit. Feel like they tried to expand when they had Tara Long and Max Scoville doing a daily video show and then became not much again.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything

So yeah, what'd I miss?

Mostly just everybody hating somebody else.
The usual stuff

Glad you're doing better

Giant Bombcast 483: Sega Flair Vs. Virtua Hogan
2942547-242420-seaman2.jpg

This week we stretch our Arms, crash into the Danger Zone, try and fail to play Friday the 13th, ponder the Far Cry 5 reveal, do some E3 speculatin', blast through a lightning round, and entertain the idea of a new Seaman?!
Filed Under: IO Interactive, E3 2017, Seaman, Persona 5, RiME, Friday the 13th: The Game, Final Fantasy VII Remake, Injustice 2, Arms, Danger Zone, Far Cry 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom