• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT29| Uhhhhh I have a child

Status
Not open for further replies.
My main problem with the music in P5 is mainly the lack of it. You're hearing the same tracks throughout the entire game. Barely any boss music, nothing for the school or season changes. There's just not enough of it, period.

I mean, that's kind of persona. You hear the same songs probably hundreds of times throughout these games. I'm only at about 60 hours so far but I can already tell I'll still be listening to the soundtrack years from now just like I still do with 3 and 4.

Personally, I'd put the music above 4 but probably still under the godlike soundtrack of 3.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
P4 and P5's music sounds vastly different from each other.

Shoji Meguro also somehow to topped himself in finding a singer whose english is the most incomprehensible to listen to of the series, a difficult feat indeed.

tumblr_n0zstrHyzj1rgb16no1_250.gif

petition for ben to do this

derFeef

Speaking of Nier: A. Is the part where
you have to search for 9S
a bit tiresome or am I alone with this? It started to push me away from the game.

Speaking of Nier: A. Is the part where
you have to search for 9S
a bit tiresome or am I alone with this? It started to push me away from the game.

I was a bit worried about the scope of the mission at first, but I was just greatly overthinking it. It's extremely easy and fast to do.

derFeef

Ah okay, maybe I need to start it with a fresh mind. I stopped searching the areas
after I found the first responsive Android at the coast
after 30 minutes or so because there were so many areas marked on the map... Thanks all!

Hjod

Banned
I just hit route B in Nier, and I don't know if I'll keep on going.
I don't know if I have it in me to play through the same quests again even if it's through 9S perspective this time.

daveo42

Banned
So Soma has gotten real good the last few hours. I just made it to
Tau.
The journey there was another level of intense I just wasn't expecting.

Jintor

I don't know if I have it in me to play through the same quests again even if it's through 9S perspective this time.

you can basically just speedrun the shit out of the run 2.

hacking does a shittonne of damage, and 9s is really good with spears

Antiwhippy

Give it a try. I actually probably spent most of my time in B because I enjoyed exploring the world then.

If not try to power through it. I dunno. You can get through it pretty quickly and it gets pretty different. You'd miss out on some of the more interesting B side quest but eh. It's worth it if you can get to C.

Hjod

Banned
you can basically just speedrun the shit out of the run 2.

hacking does a shittonne of damage, and 9s is really good with spears

Give it a try. I actually probably spent most of my time in B because I enjoyed exploring the world then.

If not try to power through it. I dunno. You can get through it pretty quickly and it gets pretty different. You'd miss out on some of the more interesting B side quest but eh. It's worth it if you can get to C.

Ok, if you insist, it seems like C is worth it. If it's not, I'll blame you two.

Jintor

nier:a's fault tbh with the combat is that it never really gets good imho. It's certainly flashy and looks and feels nice, a damn sight better than OG Nier, but I never really found it challenging in the same way as most of platinum's other games.

Playing it back to back with the PC Versions of Bayo and Vanquish really reinforce that Taro's focus just wasn't on the gameplay. Which is fine.

I got to C and dropped the game because I was so bored!

Do what you gotta do though.

you're killing me st2k

My issue with the combat is a bit layered. I don't enjoy it enough and have right thumb RSI that makes me not want to do it for 40+ hours, so I put it on easy with the auto-combat chips on. The issue here is I love bullet hell shooters and want to play those sections on hard difficulty, but you can't enter menus during those sections to change difficulty so I was stuck playing the combat parts I actually like on easy. There was no warning that I noticed that said anything about not being able to enter game settings during it.

Tekken is dope.

I was inclined to pick this up on Steam after playing it in the arcades anyway, but watching Jeff customize his Bob has made Tekken 7 a must-buy for me.

I would proudly display that sick Dig Dug banner outside of my real life house.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Ok, if you insist, it seems like C is worth it. If it's not, I'll blame you two.

I got to C, lost two hours of progress during an especially annoying sequence and deleted the game. Always remember that the game doesn't autosave, so be careful when you get there.

Hjod

Banned
I got to C, lost two hours of progress during an especially annoying sequence and deleted the game. Always remember that the game doesn't autosave, so be careful when you get there.

Yeah I've already forgotten that it doesn't autosave, so I will be careful, thanks for the heads up.

Man, I lucked out with my shifts, I'm free all of E3, can't wait.

And the meltdowns have already started over at Gaming Side, I'm ready for the tears, the bombs and GBs streams.

Hasney

what's up with all the fighting games? do they intentionally cluster for tournament reasons?

Nah, not even that considering Tekken 7 could have been out 2 years ago. they just decided to come out on a year when NRS would hit their constant 2 year schedule for some reason. SF2 and ARMS just seem like weird coincidences.

EDIT: Fucks sake. Bullet Club Akuma with a fish gun might have sold me.

Antiwhippy

what's up with all the fighting games? do they intentionally cluster for tournament reasons?

There's like 1 tournament viable fighting game that's releasing soon and that game has been played competitively for around 2 years now.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
There's like 1 tournament viable fighting game that's releasing soon and that game has been played competitively for around 2 years now.
Well, Tekken 7 is the big one. But Injustice 2 just came out, there's USF2, GG Xrd Rev 2, SFV is getting a big update and new characters, MvC:I is like 3 months away and Nintendo is doing their take on the genre with Arms. Interesting times for sure.

Weird that he's started a Patreon for timestamps.
Actually not that weird, it's pretty useful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom