• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT29| Uhhhhh I have a child

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would care about the dungeon design if the stealth stuff didn't completely undermine the crawling for me.

The stealth and the ease of SP regeneration past the beginning of the game are a problem too. There's no real tension in dungeons or any pressure to do them in more than one day, which contributes to how they mess with the pacing of the game.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I've also wanted to build myselfto check out Horizon: Zero Dawn several times with how many times people hyped it up and honestly I want to see it on my tv

but every time I go on twitch or something to see if it'll excite me and make me want to play in the game it seems to always be either of these
A) sitting in a bush
B) looking at menus

Meguro

Banned
I've also wanted to build myselfto check out Horizon: Zero Dawn several times with how many times people hyped it up and honestly I want to see it on my tv

but every time I go on twitch or something to see if it'll excite me and make me want to play in the game it seems to always be either of these
A) sitting in a bush
B) looking at menus

This is actually EXACTLY where I'm at with Horizon.
I'm sure it looks absolutely stunning but nothing of the gameplay I've seen has done anything to convince me it's not just a bog standard open world game except really really pretty.

TraBuch

Banned
Brad can be a bit of a buzzkill in the BR playthrough of DP.

It's easier to dig that game when you aren't the one struggling playing it, though.

Aselith

The stealth and the ease of SP regeneration past the beginning of the game are a problem too. There's no real tension in dungeons or any pressure to do them in more than one day, which contributes to how they mess with the pacing of the game.

Huh, can't say I agree with that one. I didn't really start feeling like I could finish in one day until I got the SP regen accessory for everyone and I had tons of times where everyone was running on empty and going through trying to make a little more headway before I went back for the day.

I would say I stopped having to worry about SP stuff maybe at dungeon 5 or so? After I maxed Kawami to make coffee and got the SP adhesives

Contrast that with P4 where it was incredibly easy to finish in one day because of the fox and regeneration cards.

Meneses

A) sitting in a bush
B) looking at menus

More like Bore-izon Zero Fun amirite?!?!

I might rent it one of these weekends to see if a second try makes me appreciate it more, but my first go was really boring and underwhelming.

It had a really cool montage scene, I guess.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
also seeing all that shit on the ground in games now doesnt make me go 'omg lewt!' it more makes me go 'i dont want to pick up and sort all that shit'

and i say that as a man who has the trash trophy in yakuza 3. I'm really hoping Far Cry 5 pulls back on the scavenging.

Kimaka

I think I just don't like the Persona games' combat. I hated the randomness of Tartarus and struggling to stay alive until I find the next save point so I don't lose progress, but using the Sp regen item reduces the combat to finding an enemy's weakness and exploiting it and doing the same next to the next enemy which is also boring.

Huh, can't say I agree with that one. I didn't really start feeling like I could finish in one day until I got the SP regen accessory for everyone and I had tons of times where everyone was running on empty and going through trying to make a little more headway before I went back for the day.

I would say I stopped having to worry about SP stuff maybe at dungeon 5 or so? After I maxed Kawami to make coffee and got the SP adhesives

Contrast that with P4 where it was incredibly easy to finish in one day because of the fox and regeneration cards.

I had 3 SP regen accessories by the 3rd dungeon. In dungeon 2 I only had 1, but I could just pass it around. You could easily do it earlier than this if you got enough money out of mementos bosses.

Aselith

I had 3 SP regen accessories by the 3rd dungeon. In dungeon 2 I only had 1, but I could just pass it around. You could easily do it earlier than this if you got enough money out of mementos bosses.

Yeah I think allowing passive sp regen was a bad choice actually. Had it been kept to items and limited that would have helped a lot with that trivialization.

I guess at some point no adhesive runs will become the standard recommendation for a challenge playthrough.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
also i really want someone to take the premise of Prototype 1/the powers in it and make a better game out of it

that's one of the few 'just dick around' games that I actually enjoyed that aspect. surfing on dudes and shit.

Tagyhag

Brad can be a bit of a buzzkill in the BR playthrough of DP.

It's easier to dig that game when you aren't the one struggling playing it, though.

I never watched their playthrough. Did he get the Infinity MP5 as early as Vinny did? Because as soon as he got that he was enjoying himself a lot more.

I'm still surprised at how early he got it and that he kept on going on that side quest. I thought he would either skip the quest or leave too early and miss the gun.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I was pretty excited for Ni No Kuni 2 then I saw they removed the familiars in it and now its just another jrpg

Valkyria Chroniclesd in otherwords

Joeku

I went to a baseball game and got sick, so I've spent the last eighteen hours playing that Crazy Taxi clicker and waching the VJ Deadly Premonition endurance run and having fever dreams about discovering a lost city of all religious artifcats with the cast of Brooklyn 9-9 before I wake up choking on nothing.

Someone help me.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I mean if it makes you feel better it probably was a spider crawling into your mouth that you were choking on.
Go to a doctor.

I went to a baseball game and got sick, so I've spent the last eighteen hours playing that Crazy Taxi clicker and waching the VJ Deadly Premonition endurance run and having fever dreams about discovering a lost city of all religious artifcats with the cast of Brooklyn 9-9 before I wake up choking on nothing.

Someone help me.

Sounds like a fun dream

I mean if it makes you feel better it probably was a spider crawling into your mother that you were choking on.
Go to a doctor.

Is this whats happening?? going in my mother?

- J - D -

How are the iOS versions of Jade Empire and KOTOR?

Can't speak to Jade Empire but the ios version of KOTOR is good. Lacks some effects from the pc version but it works perfectly fine for me. I've heard tell of a bug that corrupts save files but I never ran into this.

Tekken 7 is baller as fuck made my lili into Futaba
tumblr_oqz5btfevP1qflc3ro1_1280.jpg

strafer

So I replayed some Modern Warfare 2 today and I totally forgot that the meme is right; it really is Ramirez go do this!, Ramirez go do that!.

Tubobutts

I remember enjoying the combat but like I said, I haven't played it in 12 years.

And it was also around the time of Avatar so I was a fan of using martial arts to shoot out fire and rocks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom