• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT29| Uhhhhh I have a child

Status
Not open for further replies.
I jumped back into Titanfall 2 to see the new DLC and it got me thinking

I wish there was a shooter that was just the Titans fighting each other. Like I know there's a mode for that but I'd want something focused entirely on that with way more titans. The parkour and stuff got kind of old quickly for me but Titan vs Titan was always fun and unique

Sounds like you want and need some Mechwarrior in your life.

52Iy4.gif

But, what do I know? It's just a B game.

Mupod

Sounds like you want and need some Mechwarrior in your life.

52Iy4.gif

But, what do I know? It's just a B game.

man MWO was so promising at the start. I think I still have my founder stuff, unused.

but yeah my many hours commanding an unbeatable team in that game actually did help me play titanfall better. I'm kinda useless on foot though, I can't do low TTK games. Mechwarrior TTK is measured in minutes, not seconds, lol.

Oh hey looks like I was wrong about something yet again.

Guess I'll just crawl back to my cave.

I didn't know about the Elder Scrolls QL tbh, so thanks.

Edit: Technically, MKX is a standalone and the longest as a standalone...I'm technically right.

Looking at the Danger Zone QL

This developer is the one that made the golf game with the explosive shit too, right?

LIke...why do their games just appear to be cheap simulation simulators? Like.."Wow you can knock over this vase with a golf ball" or "what if we made burnout with just crashing in stupid generic tunnels?".

Tagyhag

This developer is the one that made the golf game with the explosive shit too, right?

LIke...why do their games just appear to be cheap simulation simulators? Like.."Wow you can knock over this vase with a golf ball" or "what if we made burnout with just crashing in stupid generic tunnels?".

The generic tunnels confuse me so much.

Apparently these are some of the devs that worked on past Burnout games, how do they not realize this new game has no soul?

Strax

Oh hey looks like I was wrong about something yet again.

Guess I'll just crawl back to my cave.

I didn't know about the Elder Scrolls QL tbh, so thanks.

Edit: Technically, MKX is a standalone and the longest as a standalone...I'm technically right.

The best kind of right

Apparently these are some of the devs that worked on past Burnout games, how do they not realize this new game has no soul?

Yeah. What was great about Burnout is that you had well, the world out there.

They are cheap because they cost little to make with their 4-6 month development time

I suppose so. But even something like, 'Goat Simulator', whose whole gimmick was well, a physics simulator, is way better done then this tripe.

Danger Zone was a last-ditch hail mary to try to save the studio.

Danger Zone is a critical title for Three Fields, which relies on game sales to keep the lights on. It's fair to say Dangerous Golf and Lethal VR failed to set tills on fire, so the studio's future is dependent on Danger Zone being a relative success.

"Everything" is riding on this, Ward said. "We got together and pooled our life savings. We've put everything we have into starting a business out of pure passion and determination to succeed. We have no backing. There's no publishers bankrolling us or anything like that. We'd love it if there were. They're free to come and do so! We're just a small group of people just making games and putting them out and trying to do the best we can. Hopefully the game can find an audience."

Three Fields began working on Danger Zone in December 2016, just after it finished Lethal VR, which means its development is a quick turnaround of just four months. This is how the studio must work - from game to game, money coming in based on sales of each to fund continued development of a new title. To this end, Ward said he expects the studio to release three of four games this year.

They're probably well aware of how half-baked it is. Frankly, they probably shoulda cut their losses after Dangerous Golf.

Megasoum

Banned

It looks like Unreal Engine tutorials....

Tagyhag

Danger Zone was a last-ditch hail mary to try to save the studio.

They're probably well aware of how half-baked it is. Frankly, they probably shoulda cut their losses after Dangerous Golf.

Man that is absolutely insane.

Not only that, but not getting a publisher? Not trying out Kickstarter or Indiegogo or even Fig?

And they say it's about passion but none of their 3 games showed any passion coming out of them, they just all seem like serviceable games.

How many inches is too much? 4? 8? Would you eat a foot long person?
I think I can swallow 2 inches whole, so that's about my limit, anything more and we're getting into chewing territory and that's where it starts feeling wrong. Then again, 10 million dollars is 10 million dollars and I've had more inches in my mouth for significantly less.

It looks like Unreal Engine tutorials....

Yeeah

Man that is absolutely insane.

Not only that, but not getting a publisher? Not trying out Kickstarter or Indiegogo or even Fig?

And they say it's about passion but none of their 3 games showed any passion coming out of them, they just all seem like serviceable games.

They all seem like they're 5 years late to the Physics simulator craze. It's insane they banked their livelihoods on these games.

And well, I don't feel sorry for them? I"m not going to throw money their way just because this is their last ditch effort.

Whenever Dangerous Golf is brought up on either of the podcasts it's usually in a tepid tone, but dammit, that game was fun and wasn't trying to be anything more than what it was. The Danger Zone talk is bummin' me out but I might pick it up soon. They're just cheap game-ass games about the simple joy of score-based destruction.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I think I can swallow 2 inches whole, so that's about my limit, anything more and we're getting into chewing territory and that's where it starts feeling wrong. Then again, 10 million dollars is 10 million dollars and I've had more inches in my mouth for significantly less.

Yeah but those inches aren't usually kicking and struggling down your throat.

Tagyhag

A film major having never seen Blade Runner...Jesus Christ

"I've never seen Noir movies before"

What the fuck am I listening to

You have to remember that Dan essentially NEVER went to class. You also have to remember that this was probably 18 year old Dan, so he was basically a Commando and MGS loving machine. I bet he was shocked when he saw what type of movies they showed lol.

If there was a video game major, he probably would have went for that.

It's good that he loves Noir though, I bet he would love Chinatown.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom