• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT29| Uhhhhh I have a child

Status
Not open for further replies.

daveo42

Banned
Official youtube app doesn't allow background listening any more unless you subscribe to Red (few countries) or use a sideloaded app.

Red is actually fantastic because it gives you access to GooglePlay streaming and YT in the background. Anything else music related I get through SiriusXM.

Hindl

So I'd be pretty pumped to get Pokemon Stars on the Switch with tomorrow's Pokemon Direct, but at the same time it would be pretty hilarious to see reactions to a 3DS exclusive

Anjin M

I've always thought it looks pretty deliberate, but I remember they talked about him having a tailbone injury on the Bombcast for a while after this?

Coulda been kayfabing it though.
I suspect you are confusing that with his injury from jumping off the Pax stage.

Nonetheless, this was a funny, unexpected moment in that stream and I thought it was hilarious.

Hasney

So I'd be pretty pumped to get Pokemon Stars on the Switch with tomorrow's Pokemon Direct, but at the same time it would be pretty hilarious to see reactions to a 3DS exclusive

"We have exclusive news for Nintendo Switch owners! We have been working on bringing a Pokemon game to Nintendo Switch and I am happy to announce that Magikarp Jump will be available for free on the eShop".

Zaph

Red is actually fantastic because it gives you access to GooglePlay streaming and YT in the background. Anything else music related I get through SiriusXM.

It doesn't seem like a really great deal. But given how long its taking to expand outside 5 regions, I wouldn't be surprised if the licensing terms are too generous.

Ok I'm back after a long weekend with family in town. I'm actually kind of relieved it was a light few days of content.

I read there was potentially issues with the UPF archive, were they able recover it all?

As much as it pisses me off that the pokemon games haven't matched the personality of the anime since the N64 days (Stadium, Snap, Hey You, etc), I would probably jump on Stars for Switch if it comes out in the next couple of months.

But for real, talk about wasting potential of Pokemon.

Sakwoff

Love how Brad just kicks everybody's ass in Tekken on UPF.

I guess the Giant Bomb rule is the less you care about fighting games the more you win at them?

Aselith

Love how Brad just kicks everybody's ass in Tekken on UPF.

I guess the Giant Bomb rule is the less you care about fighting games the more you win at them?

Tekken is one of those games where at the midtier skill level mashing is still super effective. The rest of GB just needs to get gud or start mashing too.

NewDust

Assuming the Rorie Wildlands stream didn't go according to plan, or will not be archived, since it's not on the managed page... Or was it Rorie streaming from the home?

NVM: seems Rorie stream from his own youtube/twitch channel.

Joeku

If the thing I have to do is eat a 2-inch person (or a two inch strip of human meat, though this would be much easier), I don't know how low I'd go. Lower than $10 million.

If and how many people know is also a factor; if not, and I could go Francisco de Goya on it, yeah.

Being a cannibal is one thing but what about being a murderer???

Considering their height, that would likely not even count as manslaughter.

daveo42

Banned

Joeku

Good fuck em

Their comments on BC("who would even want to play something with ancient graphics?") are fucking stupid and deserve to be shat on. They need to fail again.

Wat

That's not to their stupid "truly backwards" stuff, but rather that that isn't at all what that topic is about.

booooo

less talky means less meme material

And a little bit of this. I'm a masochist, I guess; I'm in it for the trying to sink down into my own chair until I cease to exist.

Nothing wrong with some elegance (and rolling out cars and celebrities on stage is never not shitty), but an orchestra and minimal talking leaves little room to fuck up fantastically.

In short:
ku-xlarge.gif

Hasney

Yay! Videogames! Should be fun again.

Also, Spotify has a lot of Jazz arrangements of video game music. I may add some of that....

Wat

That's not to their stupid "truly backwards" stuff, but rather that that isn't at all what that topic is about.

Im talking about Sonys attitude in general lately. Its reaching 599 levels again. Having a gaudy conference thats blatantly a bunch of advertisements doesnt help.

Atleast Microsoft will try to sell you on why to buy their shit. Sony just goes "Gaze upon this trailer you peons and buy it".

oti

Banned
Im talking about Sonys attitude in general lately. Its reaching 599 levels again. Having a gaudy conference thats blatantly a bunch of advertisements doesnt help.

Atleast Microsoft will try to sell you on why to buy their shit. Sony just goes "Gaze upon this trailer you peons and buy it".

Is this post satire?
🤔

Joeku

Im talking about Sonys attitude in general lately. Its reaching 599 levels again.

Oh, that. Yeah.

It really feels like Sony and MS are trading off on the smug, arrogant crap each generation.

Edit: Well it's not quite there yet, but after the PS4 undercut the XBone so much and sold gangbusters they seemed to have been creeping back.

Edit2: Oh Jesus, I didn't even realize there was new anti-BC talk. Goddamn.

Joeku

Should I buy Steamworld Heist on iOS?

If you have an iPad, yes. I can't imagine aiming would be easy at all on a phone. I tried the 3DS version after playing the PC one and it felt like closing my good eye and trying to draw a line.

Also that game is fucking fantastic.

Edit2: Oh Jesus, I didn't even realize there was new anti-BC talk. Goddamn.

Yeah. Thats why Im pissed off. Loads of ps1 and ps2 games are better than anything else today. To have this exec douchebag who is so out of touch say "who would play with these ancient graphics?" makes me roll my eyes out of their sockets.

Its like, has he even realized that most indies have those type of "ancient" graphics?

Meneses

Is this sarcasm inception or something?

edit: oh, I see.

edit 2: That BC stuff still doesn't have much to do with the conference being just games though. I'll never get that complaint. Sony doesn't have anything to sell you on. It's literally just games at this point. Microsoft is the one with a new console and the one that needs to convince people to buy their stuff.

That's an awfully dumb comment but honestly who cares about Jim Ryan?

Is this sarcasm inception or something?

edit: oh, I see.

edit 2: That BC stuff still doesn't have much to do with the conference being just games though. I'll never get that complaint. Sony doesn't have anything to sell you on. It's literally just games at this point. Microsoft is the one with a new console and the one that needs to convince people to buy their stuff.

I mean they are all here to sell us games. I think the more "Arrogant Sony" thing to do would to bring out the execs to gloat about their sales numbers with powerpoint slides like they used to.

Joeku

Yeah. Thats why Im pissed off. Loads of ps1 and ps2 games are better than anything else today. To have this exec douchebag who is so out of touch say "who would play with these ancient graphics?" makes me roll my eyes out of their sockets.

Its like, has he even realized that most indies have those type of "ancient" graphics?

It's going to sound pithy and I'm not a software developer (so fuck me if I'm wrong), but at a certain point they should just be able to brute force emulators for PS1 and PS2. There's enough power in the fucking thing. Just do it and let people either use their discs and/or talk to the damn publishers and put entire catalogs up for sale.

Like, I kinda get (in a cynical way) how many HD remasters there have been. The last generation dragged on so long I'm sure tons of games were made with some high-res assets. That, and they can do a quick port job and get double dippers.

But 15+year old hardware? Just do it. Build that shit in to the OS FFS.

oti

Banned

You can like what you like but something tells me the vaaaaaaaaaaaaast majority of PS4 players don't care about 99,99999999999% of PS1 and PS2 games.

I'm not against BC as it is a cool feature but I can see why a company would invest their money somewhere else instead.

It's going to sound pithy and I'm not a software developer (so fuck me if I'm wrong), but at a certain point they should just be able to brute force emulators for PS1 and PS2. There's enough power in the fucking thing. Just do it and let people either use their discs and/or talk to the damn publishers and put entire catalogs up for sale.

Like, I kinda get (in a cynical way) how many HD remasters there have been. The last generation dragged on so long I'm sure tons of games were made with some high-res assets. That, and they can do a quick port job and get double dippers.

But 15+year old hardware? Just do it. Build that shit in to the OS FFS.

The PS2 and PSP emulated PS1 hardware, the PS4 not doing it is just Sony making a bizarre choice as every other piece of Sony gaming hardware has been able to play PS1 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom