• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT29| Uhhhhh I have a child

Status
Not open for further replies.

daveo42

Banned
I finally started FF XV this game is weird as fuck

its like Kingdom Hearts x Yakuza x American Truck Simulator

The open world and side content are fairly good through out. Kind of wish I could say the same thing about the overall story and combat by the end.

Maybe with Dan's newfound love of Blade Runner and him not knowing about the game from 97, he can get them to start Random PC Game: Blade Runner over again.

I am at peace with most of the things they've forgotten about or abandoned, but I still want that particular video after all these years.

Mr. F

Banned
Maybe with Dan's newfound love of Blade Runner and him not knowing about the game from 97, he can get them to start Random PC Game: Blade Runner over again.

I am at peace with most of the things they've forgotten about or abandoned, but I still want that particular video after all these years.

but daaave. I would jettison dan like yesterday if it meant more dave/vinny pc videos

daveo42

Banned
So Whippy is right. The House in Fata Morgana is already real good and supposedly the first portion of the game is the weakest.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
So Whippy is right. The House in Fata Morgana is already real good and supposedly the first portion of the game is the weakest.

What door are you up to?

Finished it last night and i loved it.

Thing is while i found the early parts weak they serve a purpose in a really rad way.

daveo42

Banned
What door are you up to?

Finished it last night and i loved it.

Thing is while i found the early parts weak they serve a purpose in a really rad way.

I only just started the first door this evening, but it got it's hooks in me real fast. Way faster than I expected even given the comments about the early game.

Antiwhippy

I only just started the first door this evening, but it got it's hooks in me real fast. Way faster than I expected even given the comments about the early game.

I mean it's a personal thing for me also. I just really can't get into that sort of prose.

Dearest Mell~

yami4ct

I honestly feel like I've heard every VN recommendation ever come with the 'yo it starts slow but gets great' qualifier. After playing a bunch of VNs, I've become immune to 'slow' starts at this point.

Antiwhippy

I think it's usually because we compare them as games instead of novels, where game stories usually shirk slow build ups to layer in story.

Also House in fata morgana does that yoko taro thing where things that initially seem shallow gets super duper layered.

ST2K

I'm getting annoyed by the guys talking about random BS in the middle of a cutscene in BitE and then getting all confused/asking if they missed a line/etc. when they don't know what's going on. I like the random nonsense talk when they're screwing about, but man, it's just frustrating when there's actual story happening.

I just turned on the Murder Island archive and they've gotten really lucky right out of the gate: a completely empty town, Jeff found a Vector, and Ben got disconnected. Is this the run>???

LowRoller

I'm getting annoyed by the guys talking about random BS in the middle of a cutscene in BitE and then getting all confused/asking if they missed a line/etc. when they don't know what's going on. I like the random nonsense talk when they're screwing about, but man, it's just frustrating when there's actual story happening.
If the story was good maybe they wouldn't talk over it.

I like that they usually see the person that eventually kills them way ahead of time and still die.

Completely different from how I seem to always die never knowing where the bullets are coming from.

ST2K

If the story was good maybe they wouldn't talk over it.

They could be watching Citizen Kane and Dan would derail the Rosebud reveal with questions about whether a sled and a toboggan are the same thing. Alex would then make a reference to a movie no one's heard of or a Simpsons episode, and Vinny would make up a story about how toboggans were used by the Carthaginians to cross the Alps and invade Rome. Dan would believe him and then talk about Roman Reigns as the movie credits play.

Wunder

man if you see people in the distance, why would you just hide inside a room. You can get seen from third person so easily cmon maaaan

Meneses

Nishitani is cool. And due to them not really playing the other games and not knowing Majima from there it's understandably lost on them that
he's the one Majima bases his future personality on.

I think Majima might mention it further along. It's still a bit too jarring within this game, though.

Joeku

I did a banner.

It took me over five episodes of Twin Peaks to mask this.

2944107-attempt1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom