• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT29| Uhhhhh I have a child

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whoyouare

I really miss the old GB (whiskey studios). Good ol' days.

Yeah, I hear ya. They are getting older and arent as crazy. They have lives outside of the site now where back then the job seemed to be everything. I say this as a father of two & know that I am not the same person as I once was. However, I do have moments where my younger more wild self comes out.

There are certain things I just cant wrap my head around though. Why on earth does Dan have a camera that can watch his dog while he is not at home? Seems crazy to me but to each their own I guess.

killroy87

Has GB mentioned they are doing guest panels this year? I remember there being lots of teases of special guests they got in previous years, but I haven't heard of any guest talk this year (I also missed a lot of their content lately).

I'm pretty sure Jeff has mentioned that Alex is booking people.

ev0

The GBers talking about how confusing it is that there's so many Yakuza Clans and then Vinny pulling up flowcharts on his phone, which I assume has them all looking down instead of at the screen- while the game is explaining Sera and the Consortium makes me really wonder why they are confused.

(I don't normally mind their banter- but it was pretty aggressive for this episode)

How many games have they done so far?

Six. They did the whole collection. I would like for Alex to play a different kind of Mega Man game before jumping in the new collection. Mega Man Legends would be good. Then when he's done with the new collection, he could play Legends 2, and after that finally tackle the X series.

Joeku

I think this era of VR adds a lot to the believability of others in the space with you. All the tech has to go on is heads and two hands, and it has to guess and interpolate everything else, so it hasn't quite gotten to the uncanny valley yet. Thus interaction currently feels more real than it ever has, and just having people digitally there with you heightens everything: https://clips.twitch.tv/KindPlausibleWalrusPhilosoraptor

Once VR/AR can incorporate some mild performance capture-esque stuff, shit is gonna get creepy.

ArjanN

Six. They did the whole collection. I would like for Alex to play a different kind of Mega Man game before jumping in the new collection. Mega Man Legends would be good. Then when he's done with the new collection, he could play Legends 2, and after that finally tackle the X series.

Uh..didn't they only do 1 through 4 so far?

Blue Bombin was good for Dan and Vinny getting off topic and Alex trying to concentrate while they talked about something other than the game lol.

Meneses

The GBers talking about how confusing it is that there's so many Yakuza Clans and then Vinny pulling up flowcharts on his phone, which I assume has them all looking down instead of at the screen- while the game is explaining Sera and the Consortium makes me really wonder why they are confused.

(I don't normally mind their banter- but it was pretty aggressive for this episode)

It was funny when they said they hadn't met Shibusawa yet (although to be fair he had been very quiet up until recently)

Titles for games nowadays are pretty dumb.

I hope he tackles the X series. That is when I got into Mega Man.

They could be watching Citizen Kane and Dan would derail the Rosebud reveal with questions about whether a sled and a toboggan are the same thing. Alex would then make a reference to a movie no one's heard of or a Simpsons episode, and Vinny would make up a story about how toboggans were used by the Carthaginians to cross the Alps and invade Rome. Dan would believe him and then talk about Roman Reigns as the movie credits play.

This is beautiful.

strafer

Yeah. I also watched the "after hours" event that gamespot did montgs before the console came out. Homer was in front of the camera and Jeff was rappin' with Midnight Brown.

I missed that shit, I only saw the Wii stream.

There's no uploaded archive of the PS3 stream.

Im over the PUBG content now. I love the idea of that segment, but it would be cool if they did it with a variety of games.

You mean like playing a variety of multiplayer games, where they also encourage the GB community to join?

A throwdown if you will?

Perhaps on Thursday afternoon, when there's not much going on?

I miss Ryan. :(

Blue Bombin' is due for a return.

I think Mega Man 4 killed that series for Alex. He had a real tough time with that one, and I don't blame him. I was playing the Mega Man games recently also, and when I got to 4, it really felt like there was just a serious decline in level design and bosses. Was not fun to play.

I think Mega Man 4 killed that series for Alex. He had a real tough time with that one, and I don't blame him. I was playing the Mega Man games recently also, and when I got to 4, it really felt like there was just a serious decline in level design and bosses. Was not fun to play.

It gets better. 5 is a step up, and 6 is actually pretty great.

hamchan

I don't want them to play anymore video games or make a new video game series for the time being. I'll be honest, I've just been plain bored watching them do it recently. I've been getting more entertainment actually playing games these days.

I want them to watch another movie or a TV show like Twin Peaks and do commentary over it.

I don't want them to play anymore video games or make a new video game series for the time being. I'll be honest, I've just been plain bored watching them do it recently. I've been getting more entertainment actually playing games these days.

I want them to watch another movie or a TV show like Twin Peaks and do commentary over it.

You really want Dan asking Dan questions over Twin Peaks?

daveo42

Banned
I need to delve into more old GB vids, especially the Kinect-era stuff. Mostly because I never had a 360 or Kinect and avoided all the burning trash that was released for it.

Nintendo's just full of nasty little surprises today.

But it is Pokemon on the Switch right?

I couldn't care less about pokemon games on any platform.

hamchan

It doesn't have to be Twin Peaks. Like literally any movie or tv show would interest me more than playing boring video games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom