• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT29| Uhhhhh I have a child

Status
Not open for further replies.
It doesn't have to be Twin Peaks. Like literally any movie or tv show would interest me more than playing boring video games.

If you think all the games they play are boring maybe Giant Bomb isn't the site for you.

I hear on Twitch and YouTube there are tons of people playing EXCITING video games.

Definitely, I think Dan watching and commenting on Twin Peaks would be great for everyone in the Giant Bomb community

It is a damn fine CBS property. Also, the first release of the set is GORGEOUS.

16sV3oe.jpg

qOxI7h1.jpg

46tGTVv.jpg

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
remember all the mailbags they used to do?

Remember when they would actually DO things with the mailbags? Good times.

Those times are clearly gone though. No reason to send them games or stuff unless you are just throwing it out. You can send food though, they seem to still enjoy that though.

How are you trying to do it? Mobile, web player or the desktop program?

This is how you do it on the web player, the other methods are basically the same but it's a little easier to get to if you can right click or long press

playlist.jpg

thanks for the info, but i'm actually just referring to the specific playlist jeff is accessing. got a spotify link? i appreciate it v much!

Hindl

Why is Nintendo actively working against its own best interests when it comes to Nintendo

The userbase is a lot bigger on 3DS (like 15-20 times as big), but they should've just made it cross platform. Didn't have to be switch exclusive. I can see the argument where they didn't need it since the first year is pretty stacked. Save a new Pokemon for next year when they've already put out a new Mario, Zelda, Mario Kart, and Splatoon. Pokemon is the last real heavy hitter (besides Smash I guess). Maybe this year they're doing all the console franchises and next year we get the handheld ones (Pokemon, Animal Crossing, FE, etc). Whatever, there will be plenty of stuff to play this year

Link please. There's too many Nintendo topics at the moment.
First page of the Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon thread is pretty great, and continues for a few pages
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1386393
Also some minor panicking happening in the announcement that their E3 presentation is gonna be only 30 minutes

Hasney

The userbase is a lot bigger on 3DS (like 15-20 times as big), but they should've just made it cross platform. Didn't have to be switch exclusive. I can see the argument where they didn't need it since the first year is pretty stacked. Save a new Pokemon for next year when they've already put out a new Mario, Zelda, Mario Kart, and Splatoon. Pokemon is the last real heavy hitter (besides Smash I guess). Maybe this year they're doing all the console franchises and next year we get the handheld ones (Pokemon, Animal Crossing, FE, etc). Whatever, there will be plenty of stuff to play this year

First page of the Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon thread is pretty great, and continues for a few pages
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1386393
Also some minor panicking happening in the announcement that their E3 presentation is gonna be only 30 minutes

Which is dumb as shit. Every Direct recently has focused on the next 6 months with maybe one quick announcement that's further out and have been fast paced. Anything more than half an hour would be nuts and if they can't follow the pattern yet, they're idiots.

So you're saying Jeff has been vindicated yet again when last year he expressed his worry that Nintendo would lean too heavily on the 3DS even though they had a perfectly good portable replacement in the Switch?

Prescient as always Mr. Gerstmann.

oti

Banned
Actually

Sega doesnt pitifully shut down fan games and actively encourages that part of their fanbase.

Well, if half of your existence consist of Internet memes, fan fiction and fan art, you better encourage your fans to continue doing that. Including fan games.

As far as Nintendo not caring about their fans goes, I think that's a pretty odd thing to say considering they supported the Wii U loooong after it was already dead.

Hindl

Which is dumb as shit. Every Direct recently has focused on the next 6 months with maybe one quick announcement that's further out and have been fast paced. Anything more than half an hour would be nuts and if they can't follow the pattern yet, they're idiots.

People are expecting Nintendo to drop bombs, like Metroid, Pikmin, new IP, whatever. But they actually have a lot of stuff to show off that they haven't talked about. Mario, Splatoon 2, Skyrim, Steep, that Rabbids game (I guess that would be a new announcement), Xenoblade 2, FE Warriors, they'll probably mention Arms, and some other stuff. We pretty much know Nintendo's 2017 and people are gonna be pretty pissed when they don't announce anything huge. Should be fun to watch

Well, if half of your existence consist of Internet memes, fan fiction and fan art, you better encourage your fans to continue doing that. Including fan games.

As far as Nintendo not caring about their fans goes, I think that's a pretty odd thing to say considering they supported the Wii U loooong after it was already dead.

Supported it with what

They probably had a release schedule they stuck to. Congratulations, they met their quota. So gracious.

Hasney

No company gives a shit about you. But as long as they provide me entertainment, I don't mind buying in.

People are expecting Nintendo to drop bombs, like Metroid, Pikmin, new IP, whatever. But they actually have a lot of stuff to show off that they haven't talked about. Mario, Splatoon 2, Skyrim, Steep, that Rabbids game (I guess that would be a new announcement), Xenoblade 2, FE Warriors, they'll probably mention Arms, and some other stuff. We pretty much know Nintendo's 2017 and people are gonna be pretty pissed when they don't announce anything huge. Should be fun to watch

Yeah, it's nuts. They've probably got the strongest first party of 2017 (that's been announced so far) and they've stopped announcing games that are far out, but people still expect bombs to drop. A Pikmin or Metroid or something might be possible for the end of the year/early next year which gets announced, but expecting multiple things is bananas.

Meguro

Banned
No company gives a shit about you. But as long as they provide me entertainment, I don't mind buying in.

This is correct.
It's not just Nintendo.
No big company on earth gives a fuck about you. You're just a walking breathing moneybag.

Any day now.

Wait, I thought you were the Vita guy, but I guess I can't keep everyone's insane opinions straight anymore.

The last thing I remember is you going in hard defending Jim Ryan, so you hate backwards comptability and love accidental crash zooms, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom