• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT29| Uhhhhh I have a child

Status
Not open for further replies.

imBask

Banned
I still consume a lot of PUBG #content, and tbh the Giant Bomb one is still subpar and you guys are missing out on some great videos out there

BearPawB

Banned
I would watch people play PUBG forever. There are some really entertaining streams of the game out there.

But it is clear that GB are just never going to get a coherent round together.
They never fire their guns.
They never notice people right next to them.

Their are sorta 2 ways to play that game, slow/methodical or just go on a killing spree.
And they don't seem to be able to do either.

Polygon and Waypoint streams have the same issue.

While the nature of the game is that you sometimes loot for 20 minutes and then get killed randomly by someone you never saw....even when they do see people. Even when they do have a positional advantage, they do nothing with it.

Ugh, i realize I just made a "they are bad at the game" post and I hate myself for it.

Snagret

Have to agree with this page.
The last two Murder Islands were boring to watch.
Unless they actually start getting better I'm good if they stop here.
Oracle-Vinny was peak Murder Island, it's pretty much been the same 10-20 minute gameplay loop repeated a half dozen times or so ever since.

It's cool if other people are enjoying those videos, but I think you could easily condense all the episodes into a 5-10 minute highlight reel and not miss much.

It's not for me, that's for sure.

I want Brad and Ben to do a DOTA stream with Vinny and Dan
I'd absolutely watch Ben and Brad bring a new player (preferably Jeff, Vinny, or Dan) under their wing and explain all the crazy shit that Dota 2 continues to be. It could be a fun feature for a couple episodes.

Now I'm just backseat websiting.

Have you played an open world Ubisoft game?

Zero Dawn in a Ubisoft game without that Ubisoft post game feeling of "man, I really wish they did _____ instead of what they actually did"

Man. I hope Far Cry 5 sticks the landing. 3 and 4 and good reveals and settings but it all falls apart real quick and becomes the Ubi-bar filling hunting simulator.

sixghost

I would watch people play PUBG forever. There are some really entertaining streams of the game out there.

But it is clear that GB are just never going to get a coherent round together.
They never fire their guns.
They never notice people right next to them.

Their are sorta 2 ways to play that game, slow/methodical or just go on a killing spree.
And they don't seem to be able to do either.

Polygon and Waypoint streams have the same issue.

While the nature of the game is that you sometimes loot for 20 minutes and then get killed randomly by someone you never saw....even when they do see people. Even when they do have a positional advantage, they do nothing with it.

Ugh, i realize I just made a "they are bad at the game" post and I hate myself for it.
It doesn't help that the game is just boring to watch, period. Even when I tune in to twitch streams where people are consistently making it deep into the game, it's still boring. Basically every PUGB stream I've watched is just a guy sitting on a roof with a giant scope doing nothing for 15 minutes.

I'm sure the game is tense when you are playing but it sucks to watch.

- J - D -

The Monday co-op/multiplayer feature should just stay forever though. I don't really know what games they could play, but I like seeing regular content with both West and East a whole lot.

Nah. I think they should space out the crossover stuff so it's appreciated more, like The Avengers or whatever.

Phatmac

I still enjoy the PUBG streams since I don't really watch other streams playing that game. It's still tense and thrilling to watch them play, but the looting is getting tiring.

hamchan

Jeff loves Tekken:

Tekken 3: 9.9
Tekken Tag Tournament: 9.6
Tekken 5: 9.2
Tekken 5 Dark Resurrection PSP: 9.2
Tekken 6: 3/5
Tekken Tag Tournament 2: 4/5

What a good series.

Zaph

ba4XsRT.gif

Hasney

Honestly, I can't tell if Tekken 3 was the high point or teenage me was also revelling in the bonus of IM PLAYING THIS ON A DREAMCAST AHAHA FUCK YOU SONY before they bankrupted Bleem.

daveo42

Banned
Tekken 3 was amazing. Tekken for the most part has been amazing since game 1. I just wish Virtua Fighter still existed.

Definitely better then Botw

Both have

Towers
Climbing

But Black Flag has sailing and naval combat. GOTY 2017

Not really selling me here.

Black Flag had unlockable sea shanties so its automatically the best Ubisoft game ever made.

This tho makes it seems like a game at least worth checking out.

I want a Gran Turismo Sport QL.

It'd be an Unfinished at this point and I'm not sure if their beta limits video length or not. And...no one on the team seems all that enthused by a sim driving game.

Tagyhag

It doesn't help that the game is just boring to watch, period. Even when I tune in to twitch streams where people are consistently making it deep into the game, it's still boring. Basically every PUGB stream I've watched is just a guy sitting on a roof with a giant scope doing nothing for 15 minutes.

I'm sure the game is tense when you are playing but it sucks to watch.

You should watch Grimmmz, I understand that the way that GB plays may be boring to some people, but that's definitely not how the game is only played.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom