• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT29| Uhhhhh I have a child

Status
Not open for further replies.
Black Flag was fucking great and against all odds became one of my favorite videogame stories ever. It's a slow burn but it gets really good. Still suffers from typical ubisoft mission design ie. hope you like tailing a bunch of dudes and dropping some eaves

I know this isn't really the place to post this, but seeing as I'm off until after E3 and there is a content drought until the Press Conferences start I'll just ask you guys.

One of my favorite parts of Giant Bomb is the duders playing old games and having great conversations. Jeff is a walking encyclopedia of Video Game knowledge. The Old Games show was my favorite feature. Since there really isn't anything to watch and I've already scrapped the barrel of Giant Bomb content, I'm really wanting something to watch. I would turn to twitch or YouTube, but the overall majority of streamers are too annoying with constant shout-outs and pan-handeling for money and the entire screen being overlays of of subscriptions and audio drops of who is throwing money away at them. I can't stand it. Are there any streamers you guys watch, that just offer some fun gameplay and conversation without over doing the whole "Please give me money so I don't have to have a real job" type of stream?

I know this isn't really the place to post this, but seeing as I'm off until after E3 and there is a content drought until the Press Conferences start I'll just ask you guys.

One of my favorite parts of Giant Bomb is the duders playing old games and having great conversations. Jeff is a walking encyclopedia of Video Game knowledge. The Old Games show was my favorite feature. Since there really isn't anything to watch and I've already scrapped the barrel of Giant Bomb content, I'm really wanting something to watch. I would turn to twitch or YouTube, but the overall majority of streamers are too annoying with constant shout-outs and pan-handeling for money and the entire screen being overlays of of subscriptions and audio drops of who is throwing money away at them. I can't stand it. Are there any streamers you guys watch, that just offer some fun gameplay and conversation without over doing the whole "Please give me money so I don't have to have a real job" type of stream?

Making money streaming games is a real job if you can swing it, and it's hard work. How is that any different from what the GB guys do? Kind of a shitty attitude to have.

ST2K

By that logic Destiny 2 is a GOTY lock.

I'm not even joking.

Brad getting Destiny into the top 10 is one of his most impressive feats in GOTY talks. I don't think its unreasonable to expect him to push it even farther now that other people don't actively dislike it.

yami4ct

I'd blame Game Freak. They've been terrible with getting Pokemon games on new systems.

When a company consistently sells as many units as GF's pokemon games do, I don't think there's really room to question their approach from a business POV.

Mr. F

Banned
Rewatching last year's e3 stuff, I hope Brad is more involved this year during the streams. In the conferences I've watched so far he doesn't have a lot to say before/during/after.

I have a real job and stream if it makes you feel any better, haha. I just do it for something to do and have made a whopping $5 doing it a couple years in ad money.

I do get game keys a lot though which is fun.

Rewatching last year's e3 stuff, I hope Brad is more involved this year during the streams. In the conferences I've watched so far he doesn't have a lot to say before/during/after.

He's waiting for his contract to expire. Then he'll work side by side with the other Brad at Valve making hats.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Are there any streamers you guys watch, that just offer some fun gameplay and conversation without over doing the whole "Please give me money so I don't have to have a real job" type of stream?

There are plenty of streams that don't do this, but they might not be playing the games you like or want to see.

I personally play a good deal of Hearthstone and there are a few people in that scene (some of whom stream other games too) that don't have streams like this:
Kripparian (plays mostly arena and is REALLY salty about losing)
Disguised Toast (also streams a lot of PUBG recently)

I also enjoy a lot of the FGC channels when tournaments are happening and none of those are like that: Team Spooky, Capcom Fighters, killer instinct, netherrealm, etc. All of them have great competition and no dumb "streamer culture".

Mr. F

Banned
Also man the pitch on Mass Effect is greeeat in hindsight. "we've created a universe you'll lose yourself in" lolol

Brakara

I think my enjoyment of Murder Island relates directly to how much Vinny is in it. Not much Vinny in this one so far.

It improved a lot when they swapped Jeff for Vinny.

And the last round was tense as fuck. Anyone who says they could just watch a highlight reel instead have no fucking clue what they're talking about.

Tagyhag

The problem with watching Grimmmz is that you have to listen to Grimmmz. Same goes for most people on twitch.

Hah, true, but he's a great example for those who think the only way to play PUBG is passively.

Not that I'm telling people they HAVE to enjoy watching it of course, just not to assume the whole game is the GB method of loot 15 minutes -> walk around aimlessly -> die doing nothing.

Hindl

Nintendo not announcing a Pokemon port for Switch is a very Nintendo like approach.
I'd blame GF but yeah. Whatever, Pokemon can wait till next year

FE Echoes is *so* much better than the other 3DS FEs that it's kinda mind blowing
Ugh really? I loved Awakening, it was my reentry to the series after not really liking any of them after the original for GBA, and liked Conquest but couldn't get through it. Figured I was done with FE on the 3DS when they announced it. Is it really that much better than Awakening/Fates?

ArjanN

I think PUBG is pretty entertaining but it's more something to have on in the background, where you tune in now and then when something exciting happens.

Making money streaming games is a real job if you can swing it, and it's hard work. How is that any different from what the GB guys do? Kind of a shitty attitude to have.

Eh, I mean while GB are essentially let's players now (even if they themselves haven't fully come to grips with that) the average youtube/twitch streamer is pretty terrible by comparison. Most of that is just the personalities of course, but a lot of them are also pretty terrible about the constant backer shoutouts, donation noises, obvious pandering to chat etc.

Eh, I mean while GB are essentially let's players now (even if they themselves haven't fully come to grips with that) the average youtube/twitch streamer is pretty terrible by comparison. Most of that is just the personalities of course, but a lot of them are also pretty terrible about the constant backer shoutouts, donation noises, obvious pandering to chat etc.

Yeah but you can just not watch those streamers or criticize them without deriding the entire venture. It's like if I said all personality-based gaming websites are bad because Kinda Funny fucking sucks or something.

Ashby

I'd blame GF but yeah. Whatever, Pokemon can wait till next year

Ugh really? I loved Awakening, it was my reentry to the series after not really liking any of them after the original for GBA, and liked Conquest but couldn't get through it. Figured I was done with FE on the 3DS when they announced it. Is it really that much better than Awakening/Fates?

No Pair-Ups. No children bullshit. No My Castle. No weapon triangle. Best to promote immediately. Fully voiced. 8-4 localization again (Story and characters are excellent). No muss, no fuss. Just straight up, uncut, 100% classic SRPG gameplay.

trs1080

Neo Member
Hah, true, but he's a great example for those who think the only way to play PUBG is passively.

Not that I'm telling people they HAVE to enjoy watching it of course, just not to assume the whole game is the GB method of loot 15 minutes -> walk around aimlessly -> die doing nothing.

Yeah, I have yet to see many of the top PUBG streamers sit on a roof for 15 minutes. Usually these people know they can win most firefights straight up so they don't really worry about getting shot at from range all that much. Once some of these guys get a sniper rifle and a scope it's pretty much over for anyone trying to engage them.

Also GB *did* change things up to try to find more PvP to brace for. I kinda did the same thing when I first played the game: fly far from the plane, gear up, find house to sit in, but I realized I'll never get better at engagements unless I go looking for it. The "fuck it!" attitude at the start will help IMO.

Hindl

No Pair-Ups. No children bullshit. No My Castle. No weapon triangle. Best to promote immediately. Fully voiced. 8-4 localization again (Story and characters are excellent). No muss, no fuss. Just straight up, uncut, 100% classic SRPG gameplay.

...Dammit I just bought Nier and Dead Cells

You like old games? Maybe give the Chrontendo and ChronSega series a chance: https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCcIR456wyb4aVlJ9_2kGLtg

Salarians

"I harness the burning anger in my heart into what I create. Kingdom Hearts III’s current development explodes very much in this sense.''

Danger Zone looks like such a bummer. How has this concept not only been nailed already, but iterated on a ton? It's like they have no idea what made Crash Mode fun or interesting.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BVAOHURlcIi/
18879551_2138483853044609_4281162098584584192_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom