• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT29| Uhhhhh I have a child

Status
Not open for further replies.
CMTZGfK.png

Microsoft & Comey going all in.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The animation in Fortnite looks really poor

image2o9s1g.jpg

why does this 2017 character emote less than a 2004 Heavy Weapons Guy?

Hindl

Prepare to get beaten with hard science facts that this is not the case.
I learned my lesson yesterday.
No one was saying energy drinks weren't bad. They just wanted actual proof. You linked to some food blog that said it was bad and justified that viewpoint by linking to things completely unrelated to the drink it was going against. It was promptly and rightfully torn apart. Don't go pretending to be some victim when you provide poorly sourced proof and drop the conversation once people point out the bullshit

No one was saying energy drinks weren't bad. They just wanted actual proof. You linked to some food blog that said it was bad and justified that viewpoint by linking to things completely unrelated to the drink it was going against. It was promptly and rightfully torn apart. Don't go pretending to be some victim when you provide poorly sourced proof and drop the conversation once people point out the bullshit

tumblr_mo9qqspNVN1r9zdybo1_500.gif

oti

Banned
Orange juice is also bad for you. Too much sugar.
Just drink water and tea. Real tea. Not that ice tea garbage.

derFeef

I explained it afterwards.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
#energygate2017

Self made Orange Juice is fine, but people usually pour a ton of sugar into it cause it doesn't taste as sweet as the one you buy in supermarkets.

daveo42

Banned
Sugar'd drinks are bad for you in general, but zero and low calorie energy drinks are fine and tasty.

So tea isn't tea unless it's hot?

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
#energygate2017

Self made Orange Juice is fine, but people usually pour a ton of sugar into it cause it doesn't taste as sweet as the one you buy in supermarkets.

Fibre tho.

I guess if you scrap the pulps into your drink afterwards.

My view on juice is that just eat the fucking fruit because it's a massive waste on resource.

BearPawB

Banned
Again, nothing is that good for you.
Too much of almost anything is bad.

Just because sugar is bad doesn't mean you can never have sugar. Just don't overdo it!

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Again, nothing is that good for you.
Too much of almost anything is bad.

Just because sugar is bad doesn't mean you can never have sugar. Just don't overdo it!

I'm just saying that because I know people who thought drinking this is actually good for you. A friend of a friend thought drinking zero calorie coke is like drinking water.

oti

Banned
Sugar'd drinks are bad for you in general, but zero and low calorie energy drinks are fine and tasty.

So tea isn't tea unless it's hot?

I love that we can have zero calorie drinks. Still limit myself on them though. A few years ago I could drink multiple bottles of Coke Zero.

No, cooled tea is fine too. But not the bottled Iced Tea garbage.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I think most reasonable people don't think that's healthy lmao.

It's just a matter of degrees and being able to find something you enjoy that is also able to minimise the harm you do to your body even if you acknowledge that there is some harm.

Thing that irks me more is the general blanket people throw on sugar substitutes that is pretty unscientific.

I mean I fucking love water. Nothing better than a cool glass of water flowing down your throat. But I'll enjoy other drinks as well.

daveo42

Banned
They are better but don't get fooled into thinking they are good for you or healthy.

The amount of caffeine in them sure, but most artificial sweeteners are perfectly fine for human consumption in small doses. As is all things, moderation is important.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sugar_substitute#Health_effects

Also, everything will eventually kill you.

I love that we can have zero calorie drinks. Still limit myself on them though. A few years ago I could drink multiple bottles of Coke Zero.

No, cooled tea is fine too. But not the bottled Iced Tea garbage.

I get you. Also agree on the bottle ice tea in most cases. I think there are a few that are fine (Ito En makes great teas) but they are also straight brewed tea as opposed to whatever you get in a bottle of Nestea or Snapple.

I didn't like soda as a kid and as a result haven't consumed it my whole life. It's interesting how that blows some people's minds when I tell them. Like they can't even fathom it.

ev0

Real talk: Cutting out sodas and sugary drinks is the one thing one can do to instantly better their health.

I heard somewhere that if a soda says Diet on it, I can drink like twelve of them a day.
Also extra points if they are free.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom